New to Diamond - 4 Free Drinks in Coco Cay?

surfjock27

9 minutes ago, tomahawk246 said:

Maybe more then four because sometimes on coco cay they forget to charge you. We are there today and they did not charge us for all of our drinks.

I found that it shows up much later in the evening.  I was told they gather the receipts at the end of the day and then process them once onboard the ship.  Not that they don't miss a few but I thought mine had been missed and then later that evening (app after 10 pm) they magically appeared on my account.  

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I found that it shows up much later in the evening.  I was told they gather the receipts at the end of the day and then process them once onboard the ship.  Not that they don't miss a few but I thought mine had been missed and then later that evening (app after 10 pm) they magically appeared on my account.  

I know that is true, but in some cases they did not even look at our card.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have had this happen also.

Also sometimes this happens in the Dining Room. I went to the Schooner after dinner and they said I had 2 drinks left and I said I had already had 2 drinks, one in the Dining Room at dinner and they said that often the Dining Room didn't show up until much later in the evening, so just try to keep track yourself....

As people have mentioned it appears to be a manual process of recording the drinks. Last Easter at the main pool at Coco Cay it was so busy at the bar that on a couple of occasions they just gave me the drink.

I'm sure this will change...

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I lucked out twice last year and had no charges for any of the drinks on CocoCay

More often than not my wife and I have gotten dinged for 1-2 less vouchers than we should at CocoCay. Never gotten them all for free though.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We’ve also noticed this happening in the MDR. We think they “forgot” to charge our card but it got charged much later after the DR closed. They messed up our drinks to often, so we bring a drink with us when we go in now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

* Coco Cay...ordered a couple Long Island Ice Teas...bartender asked for cabin number (left seapass card in the bag by the beach)...a couple of dollars for tips. Came back for 2 more LIIT's, same bartender, didn't have to give the cabin number, a couple more dollars for tips.

* Vouchers never got charged.

There were 2 ships there that same day...bartender never asked which ship we were on...hmmm, wondering if it was charged to the correct cabin, but wrong ship? :classic_cool: