Provisioning issues ... again!

beachluver9

We just returned from a 14 nt cruise on the Jewel.  Outside of a couple of leftover limes in the Schooner until day two, there were no limes on the ship!  We were given the "well worn out" pandemic excuse once again.  I won't even mention that diet Coke ran out again and Chops didn't have a working coffee maker.  Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Don’t be so hard on the OP.. the things that they mentioned are things that they should not be out of on day 2 of a 14 night cruise.  It doesn’t make or break the trip, but for things that are used every day and you don’t have them after the first couple of days is annoying. 

• Like 26

40 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Don’t be so hard on the OP.. the things that they mentioned are things that they should not be out of on day 2 of a 14 night cruise.  It doesn’t make or break the trip, but for things that are used every day and you don’t have them after the first couple of days is annoying. 

I'm sure they didn't just decide to not order limes to anger the OP. Pretty obvious they weren't delivered for some reason. Stuff happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nferr said:

I'm sure they didn't just decide to not order limes to anger the OP. Pretty obvious they weren't delivered for some reason. Stuff happens.

Also, the crew on board isn't going to have any real information as to why there aren't limes. If they're giving you excuses, it's because they don't know why they aren't there.  They just know they aren't.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I hope you all didn't get scurvy on the cruise as a result.

Besides limes, mint was hard to find too..  Didn't get Scurvy but some of us got  other "thing" free of charge......😷

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

But 6 in your luggage.

Is the “lack of limes” a thing with Royal?  LOL!  A few years ago we were on Brilliance and they ran out of limes early in the trip, too.  Everything else was in full supply so we joked at how strange that was, especially for a cruise departing Florida.  Obviously not the end of the world, but it definitely had an effect on my favorite cocktail at the time, the mojito!  The OP’s post just triggered that memory.

14 hours ago, nferr said:

I agree, of course they didn’t not order limes to anger their guests, that would be ridiculous.

The lime thing has been an ongoing thing for quite a long time though.

Not having Diet Coke makes no sense either, not that it ruins the trip, just annoying and not expected. There’s plenty of soda everywhere. Pandemic can’t be the reason.

The same thing happened to us on a 14 day cruise on Voyager. A few simple things - including limes - that aren’t overall a big deal are still noticed and not expected.

4 hours ago, DigiPro said:

Is the “lack of limes” a thing with Royal?  LOL!  A few years ago we were on Brilliance and they ran out of limes early in the trip, too.  Everything else was in full supply so we joked at how strange that was, especially for a cruise departing Florida.  Obviously not the end of the world, but it definitely had an effect on my favorite cocktail at the time, the mojito!  The OP’s post just triggered that memory.

I love limes in my drinks, soda, water, etc. I don’t usually drink foo foo drinks, but a few years ago I stumbled on to the Lavender Daiquiri on Royal. Which at the time was made with a slice of lime. It was delicious and became my ritual of that being my first when I boarded and the last drink on the night before departing.

Then limes were no longer in the drink, with the pandemic as the excuse. That was back after the restart in 2021. The menu in Schooner still showed lime as an ingredient…….

not they seem to put a cherry in the, and although I still like the drink and order them all the time  but the cherry changed it. You can’t replace lime with a cherry.

I don’t understand their problem with getting limes, they’re a huge company 🤷🏼‍♀️
edit to add…..the new menus for that drink don’t show lime anymore. So I guess that seals it……no limes

Edited by lovesthebeach2

Clearly my comment was misconstrued by some.  We weren’t angry, just frustrated.  Did we demand OBC?  Surely not, never crossed our minds.   The bartenders were just as frustrated as guests and were just repeating the response they were given.

I purchased a few limes on our second port day and donated them to our favorite bar, but the bartender was not able to serve them to others for health reasons. We found out that others had done the same thing.  One gentleman whipped out his ziploc full of limes whenever he ordered a drink.  A margarita made with lemons just isn’t the same to some, but others might not mind at all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Limes are still in short supply, which has driven up the price, due to damage to the trees in Mexico due to high temperatures and drought.  The high temperatures cause the limes that are picked to "change" more quickly, and also to not grow very large to start with.

• Like 4

I find it funny that if it doesn't affect YOU , you tend to jump on the OP like they're crazy. But other threads people rant about no cream and 100's were agreeing. While these all may be tiny things they add up and affect ( maybe not ruin but definitely affect) a person's cruise experience.  Yes if an ingredient in your favorite drink, your favorite soda, what you put in your morning coffee ect ...is missing it does make it less enjoyable.  Personally I practically live off of Coke Zero and it would make me very unhappy to miss it for a week or two.  

The main issue I see with these things is that as a major cruise line they SHOULD have these things all ready to go. It's not like they don't know when the next cruise is.

19 hours ago, beachluver9 said:

We just returned from a 14 nt cruise on the Jewel.  Outside of a couple of leftover limes in the Schooner until day two, there were no limes on the ship!  We were given the "well worn out" pandemic excuse once again.  I won't even mention that diet Coke ran out again and Chops didn't have a working coffee maker.  Ridiculous.

Nothing new. Even pre-CV over last 10yrs doing longer 10+ nite Cruises I'd see them run out items like Dt Coke. Few times they'd be pouring the Freestyle cup up in WJ from 2lt Bottles they'd PU on one our Stops. Just got off B4B and I went Bar to Bar PU my daily 6 cans Coke Zero, when that ran out I was exhausting Dt Coke for 4weeks. Last yr on Panama Canal Cruise they had 16.9oz plastic Coke Zero bottles they'd PU one our Central American stops, cases of Evian a couple times came to my cabin in 1lt Glass Bottles

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, toxicfairy said:

I find it funny that if it doesn't affect YOU , you tend to jump on the OP like they're crazy. But other threads people rant about no cream and 100's were agreeing. While these all may be tiny things they add up and affect ( maybe not ruin but definitely affect) a person's cruise experience.  Yes if an ingredient in your favorite drink, your favorite soda, what you put in your morning coffee ect ...is missing it does make it less enjoyable.  Personally I practically live off of Coke Zero and it would make me very unhappy to miss it for a week or two.  

The main issue I see with these things is that as a major cruise line they SHOULD have these things all ready to go. It's not like they don't know when the next cruise is.

See post 21. Limes are in short supply everywhere.

• Like 1