Main dining room take out?

I do like the MDR, but usually, it will interfere with many shows or activities, or it takes a long time.
Can you order togo?  
Can you order kids food like chicken tenders, for the kids?  Some nights they were not in the buffet on my last cruise. 

No to go. My husband was sick so I would go to MDR and eat with my kids and they would have a whole meal for me to bring him. But no you can’t just get it to go. Dinner is very quick now with limited menu. 

I've seen several people "doing takeout" from the MDR in the last few months. Came to the door, caught a waiter, waited a few minutes, waiter came back with multiple plates to go.

NO CLUE if they were sick and quarantined, or just wanted the MDR menu, but HAVE seen it happen more than once.

• Like 1

Yes Common last yr if someone is Quarantined or Sick. Daughter was quarantined 2 days, sinus infection but just in case she had quarantine for 2 days, 2 neg CV tests. We'd bring her back Main Dining, which wasnt easy, 4-5 heavy plates with covers. Good thing there was 3 of us. So if you want eat in Cabin everyday just go WJ and take food back....or get a Suite

Edited by ONECRUISER

20 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Whew.  At first I thought you wrote no togas in the MDR but I see I'm OK.

Actually, back in the way back days, the MDR had a toga night.  They gave us extra bedsheets, and we had to make our own toga. I still can't believe my husband actually did that...........................

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GJustice said:

I've seen several people "doing takeout" from the MDR in the last few months. Came to the door, caught a waiter, waited a few minutes, waiter came back with multiple plates to go.

NO CLUE if they were sick and quarantined, or just wanted the MDR menu, but HAVE seen it happen more than once.

I've seen this too, and from specialty restaurants. I'd suggest keeping it simple and tipping.

11 minutes ago, pcur said:

Actually, back in the way back days, the MDR had a toga night.  They gave us extra bedsheets, and we had to make our own toga. I still can't believe my husband actually did that...........................

Brilliant. At least people wouldn’t complain about shorts when they’re surrounded by that. 

• Haha 1