New menus 2023 ?

monakayk

4 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I thought the Brits invented and exported snobbery throughout the world for centuries. Fascinating to read a theory that Brits see themselves as a society of egalitarians!

More seriously, it is amazing to me how many luxury cars and watches are advertised on TV here in the US with voice-overs by Brits. We still associate Britishness with "high class".

Thanks for making me look up egalitarians.  You take the snob prize 

11 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

It seems I was under the misconception that this thread was about new menus!

This thread is quite interesting and humorous!  Thanks for that.  We are lovers of Celebrity and in Dec we booked AQ for the 1st time.  Anxious to see the difference in BLU and MDR menus.  We cruised in Jan 2023 and the MDR food was definitely not the same quality as prior to 2020, but we sure didn't starve.  The Madre'D said they were still hiring Chefs and trying to get the food back to the higher quality it was in the past.  We're foodies and look forward to trying new menu items.  I love cruising for so many reasons.  We also are booked on NCL - NA in 24, so that will be a fun comparison.  And looking at HAL for 24 & 25.  I'm happy and fortunate that we have the opportunities we do to travel ~ trying to find the positives as much as possible!  Happy cruising.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

Owned a place in Florida for 20 years.

Lived and worked in LA for a while.

Visited most years for half a century.

Don't get me wrong. I like Americans a lot. A great country. But you are keen on the bling ...😉

I would not count LA and Miami as being representative of the country.  The other parts are mostly normal.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2023 at 11:28 AM, chocolabmom said:

My Beyond April 2024 cruise is not showing any menus in the app, either.

Hard to tell when they will post.  It is often up to the ship itself.   I just checked our Edge November 25 cruise -  Singapore to Sydney and the menus are already loaded -  I wouldn't rely on them at this point as they may just be place holders.

I usually find they are posted and reasonably accurate 3 days to 14 days prior to the cruise.

• Like 1

Since folks are reading this thread, do the ships carry Powerade or is that something they got rid of? I don’t want to have to make a thread to ask this question.

After a week of eating on the ship it’s been fine but nothing memorable. 

Edited by tigervixxxen

5 hours ago, Tbird58 said:

This thread is quite interesting and humorous!  Thanks for that.  We are lovers of Celebrity and in Dec we booked AQ for the 1st time.  Anxious to see the difference in BLU and MDR menus.  We cruised in Jan 2023 and the MDR food was definitely not the same quality as prior to 2020, but we sure didn't starve.  The Madre'D said they were still hiring Chefs and trying to get the food back to the higher quality it was in the past.  We're foodies and look forward to trying new menu items.  I love cruising for so many reasons.  We also are booked on NCL - NA in 24, so that will be a fun comparison.  And looking at HAL for 24 & 25.  I'm happy and fortunate that we have the opportunities we do to travel ~ trying to find the positives as much as possible!  Happy cruising.

We loved Blu on Silhouette in June. Preferred it to Luminae on Apex in many ways. 
We are on Beyond in a suite in 2 weeks and no menus (I’m just hoping for lobster roll in Luminae). 
Apex next year in an SV so I’ll be interested to try the 4 different restaurants and already have some speciality dining booked to shake it up a bit. 

• Like 3

Aloha. Someone posted on another board the entire B L T menus for the Royal Caribbean Coastal Kitchen week. Very impressive. Yes I know it is not the MDR menus but nonetheless is mouth watering. It contains dishes which even if Celebrity picked and chose just a few dishes would substantially bring Celebrity up to the level it should be.

6 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Someone posted on another board the entire B L T menus for the Royal Caribbean Coastal Kitchen week. Very impressive. Yes I know it is not the MDR menus but nonetheless is mouth watering. It contains dishes which even if Celebrity picked and chose just a few dishes would substantially bring Celebrity up to the level it should be.

After rice, Mac and cheese and fried chicken I'm struggling to think of anything else uniquely Caribbean.

If you want exotic cuisine the buffet is always a good place to start.

I usually find a good curry and some decent stir fry.

And Yorkshire Pudding.

Lovely jubbly.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

After rice, Mac and cheese and fried chicken I'm struggling to think of anything else uniquely Caribbean.

If you want exotic cuisine the buffet is always a good place to start.

I usually find a good curry and some decent stir fry.

And Yorkshire Pudding.

Lovely jubbly.

Aloha. Now I am starving lol…Jerk chicken, butter fish, roti, Bermudian fish chowder…..

By way of contrast, John Heald just posted last night’s menu from the Carnival Luminosa MDR. Compare this to any of the X menus posted on this thread and it will become immediately apparent why so many here are unhappy with the present state of Celebrity’s  MDRs.IMG_0683.thumb.jpeg.5c8507ba155c6daf7c43540b0f5891c3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, hankandteri said:

By way of contrast, John Heald just posted last night’s menu from the Carnival Luminosa MDR. Compare this to any of the X menus posted on this thread and it will become immediately apparent why so many here are unhappy with the present state of Celebrity’s  MDRs.IMG_0683.thumb.jpeg.5c8507ba155c6daf7c43540b0f5891c3.jpeg

CCL menu look a lot better than Celebrity's!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hankandteri said:

Wow. Yeah, our Edge cruise last September had an amazing menu in the MDR. Each night a different kind of carpaccio, meats, fishes...etc. The new menu I am seeing is very lacking of variety each night. Now, this CCL menu is definitely eye-opening indeed. I'm curious to see/hear about what feedback Celebrity has had in regards to their new MDR menu. 

• Like 3

Thanks for posting..makes one able to compare the  menus..

Looks nice,  but I don't see anything that would cause us to switch to Carnival!    Extra charge for upgrades...just like x.

For us , the Cruise is a total experience..ship,  itin, dining and clientele.

• Like 2

As several folks have questioned whether the BLU experience has changed, I'm sharing a link to M-class Summit review for very recent feedback on the BLU experience on a Celebrity ship. Just note the subsection on dining, or please just scroll on by if you aren't interested. It's just my opinion! 🫣😏

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=706873

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did Carnival with 2 of our grandkids in June....I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the food - it was excellent and lots of variety.  Waiters were fantastic.  However that's the extent of what was great.  I don't think I could ever cruise CCL again, unless they pay me!  Best described as WalMart of the seas.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for posting..makes one able to compare the  menus..

Looks nice,  but I don't see anything that would cause us to switch to Carnival!    Extra charge for upgrades...just like x.

For us , the Cruise is a total experience..ship,  itin, dining and clientele.

I totally agree that the overall experience is what matters.

Carnival isn't for us either any longer. Been there, done that, won the plastic ship on a stick. However, we feel the dining experience is such an important piece of the total package, that Celebrity may no longer be for us either.

We were on Oceania earlier this year. The food was consistently terrific but some other elements weren't quite what I was looking for or remembered from our pre-pandemic cruise with O. We sail on Celebrity in less than two weeks, and I really hope we love everything about it. After that we have cruises booked on Princess and HAL. We're also looking at Viking or maybe Virgin after those. We would love to become loyalists and cheerleaders for at least one of the lines, but that's a challenge right now. We're going to sample what's out there until we either find our "home" at sea or conclude that cruising isn't the best fit for us any longer.

• Like 1

I totally agree that the overall experience is what matters.

Carnival isn't for us either any longer. Been there, done that, won the plastic ship on a stick. However, we feel the dining experience is such an important piece of the total package, that Celebrity may no longer be for us either.

We were on Oceania earlier this year. The food was consistently terrific but some other elements weren't quite what I was looking for or remembered from our pre-pandemic cruise with O. We sail on Celebrity in less than two weeks, and I really hope we love everything about it. After that we have cruises booked on Princess and HAL. We're also looking at Viking or maybe Virgin after those. We would love to become loyalists and cheerleaders for at least one of the lines, but that's a challenge right now. We're going to sample what's out there until we either find our "home" at sea or conclude that cruising isn't the best fit for us any longer.

Really appreciate your point of view.  Would love to learn more about the Oceania misses. That’s one line we were looking at closely.  It’s helpful to hear it from Celebrity cruisers because we can consider in context to what we both know & are familiar with…Thanx.  

2 hours ago, Islander500 said:

As several folks have questioned whether the BLU experience has changed, I'm sharing a link to M-class Summit review for very recent feedback on the BLU experience on a Celebrity ship. Just note the subsection on dining, or please just scroll on by if you aren't interested. It's just my opinion! 🫣😏

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=706873

Blu still has a better selection of appetizers than MDR or Luminae.  I actually started a list of about 10 appetizers from Blu menu that I plan to ask for when I am in Luminae in a few weeks.  None of them are soup or salad, which is basically all that is offered in MDR and Luminae for apps.

9 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Blu still has a better selection of appetizers than MDR or Luminae.  I actually started a list of about 10 appetizers from Blu menu that I plan to ask for when I am in Luminae in a few weeks.  None of them are soup or salad, which is basically all that is offered in MDR and Luminae for apps.

That’s unfortunate.  Suggest the one with Soba noodles. Best of all of them.  

Edited by quacker5