Junior Suites

What if any perks come with a jr suite? I’ve received so many conflicting answers from the RC agents (which I can’t understand) when I call in. We will be on Voyager. Also did a guarantee when do you think room will be assigned? Is there a desired location for the jr suite? Thanks 

Jr suites are normally larger than balcony cabins, with larger closet, bathroom and balcony. The sitting area is also larger. there is normally a coffee machine ( Larazza?) in the Junior suite. 

On some ships, some of the Junior Suites are below the Windjammer. This may result in additional noise ( from Windjammer) at various times. 

If you sail solo in a Junior Suite you receive 3 points per night. If you're not sailing solo in a Junior suite, you each receive 2 points per night. 

I like a Junior suite for the extra space.

There are YouTube videos about Junior suites, you may find them useful and informative. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cruiser99365Girl said:

On some ships, some of the Junior Suites are below the Windjammer. This may result in additional noise ( from Windjammer) at various times. 

I'd rather be below the WJ than grandeur where the JS were below the solarium where they served pizza at night with a tile floor noise. Heard lots of complaints. No where to move those complaining about the noise.

Voyager:

* Check-in with suites.

* Walk-in closet. (Best perk)

* Tub/shower combo ( This can be a negative as the tub can be difficult to get in and out of.)

* Slightly larger cabin and balcony.

* Sofa and a chaise lounger.

* Upgraded bedding.

* Coffee machine (It is loud...it will wake up even your neighbors if you like your coffee early.)

* Different color seapass card (Doesn't make a bit of difference...just sayin')

* Double points.

* Best JS location, for us...midship, hump, Deck 9.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cruiserking said:

If you're sailing on Quantum or Oasis Class ships you will have access to the Coastal Kitchen private dining room for dinner. This is a terrific perk, delicious meals and excellent service. 

Jonathan

They said they are on Voyager.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FLKrewzer said:

Upgraded bedding - - does this mean the bed is comfy, and not a rock hard stone slab?

I noticed upgraded pillows from the regular cabins. I was in a corner aft surrounded by suites and got their pillows. Bigger and fluffier. Then moved to a regular cabin the 2nd week and the difference in the size and fluffiness was very apparent. Also pillows went clear across the bed. Wouldnt have  noticed if not b2b weeks.

1 hour ago, FLKrewzer said:

Upgraded bedding - - does this mean the bed is comfy, and not a rock hard stone slab?

Nicer linens and pillow cases.

* We've been lucky...our request for mattress toppers have been accomodated...albeit some toppers were just folded comforters.

9 hours ago, FLKrewzer said:

No! It is a “rock hard stone slab!” Ask for the topper which makes a huge difference. The mattress isn’t upgraded until you are in a GS or above. 

I found the sofa very hard and uncomfortable as well. That said, the extra room size (on a standard balcony) is noticeable and really does make a difference. On the Quantum class ships the extra large wardrobe space was redesigned to provide one and a half bathrooms, which we really loved. Still no shortage of wardrobe space with units either side of the bed as well as a standard fitted unit opposite the bed.

Just spent 21 days on Anthem in a JS and really enjoyed it once we got the bed situation sorted out. 

Hoping someone can help me with Oasis JS questions.  My last cruise was a few years ago (pre-pandemic) and I see there are a lot of changes.  Do the JS cabins still have a hairdryer?  And is it possible for a JS passenger to make Coastal Kitchen dinner reservations that include guests who aren't in suites?  I'll be cruising this time with kids & their spouses, who are going to be in ocean-view balconies.  Thank you!!  

13 minutes ago, Truluv said:

Hoping someone can help me with Oasis JS questions.  My last cruise was a few years ago (pre-pandemic) and I see there are a lot of changes.  Do the JS cabins still have a hairdryer?  And is it possible for a JS passenger to make Coastal Kitchen dinner reservations that include guests who aren't in suites?  I'll be cruising this time with kids & their spouses, who are going to be in ocean-view balconies.  Thank you!!  

Hairdryer...yes.

CK...no, you cannot bring non-suites passengers.

* JS passengers can eat dinner at CK depending on availability.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Truluv said:

And is it possible for a JS passenger to make Coastal Kitchen dinner reservations that include guests who aren't in suites?

CK is a difficult question.  You may be able to get one very early or very late reservation with non-suite guests. It's doubtful because even you might not be able to get into CK.  

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 12:19 AM, firefly333 said:

I noticed upgraded pillows from the regular cabins. I was in a corner aft surrounded by suites and got their pillows. Bigger and fluffier.

In our GS on Wonder there was a card on the bed offering 3 different pillows (something like foam, goose down, something else). We had no idea which of the 3 were already on the bed but they felt comfy so we just slept on those.

I appreciated being treated to a GS and greatly enjoyed the perks like CK, SL, suite sun deck, etc. but overly luxurious pillows were a bit lost on me.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 9:12 PM, bonsai3s said:

Voyager:

* Check-in with suites.

* Walk-in closet. (Best perk)

* Tub/shower combo ( This can be a negative as the tub can be difficult to get in and out of.)

* Slightly larger cabin and balcony.

* Sofa and a chaise lounger.

* Upgraded bedding.

* Coffee machine (It is loud...it will wake up even your neighbors if you like your coffee early.)

* Different color seapass card (Doesn't make a bit of difference...just sayin')

* Double points.

* Best JS location, for us...midship, hump, Deck 9.

Sailing on Adventure in January 2024.  (Similar ship to Voyager - no?)

What can the collective wisdom tell us about the Diamond club and Crown lounges and their locations?  We will be staying a Junior Suite.   (Yes on the hump - starboard 😁) We will be getting the DBP.

(We are leveling up to D+ on this cruise and understand that we don't really get the d+ benefits until after the cruise)

7 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Sailing on Adventure in January 2024.  (Similar ship to Voyager - no?)

What can the collective wisdom tell us about the Diamond club and Crown lounges and their locations?  We will be staying a Junior Suite.   (Yes on the hump - starboard 😁) We will be getting the DBP.

(We are leveling up to D+ on this cruise and understand that we don't really get the d+ benefits until after the cruise)

Diamond lounge (renamed Crown) is off the Viking lounge (Blue Moon) deck 14

• Like 1