Luminae menus after the most recent update in August 2023?

tjunmin

13 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Yes it is on mine also but as an entrée. I believe Jim said he saw it as an app, that is what I was responding to.

sorry - must have missed that.  I have not seen anything other than as an entree. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

Yes it is on mine also but as an entrée. I believe Jim said he saw it as an app, that is what I was responding to.

Yea... .on the Nov 25 Edge they showed it as an appetizer instead of the Lobster appetizer with pineapple.   I think it was on day 2 dinner.

• Like 1

The MDR menus and quality has dropped significantly, based on accounts shared here in CC.

Apparently there has been minimal changes to the Luminae menus. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

How has the quality of the food in Luminae fared since August 2023?

18 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

sorry - must have missed that.  I have not seen anything other than as an entree. 

I just saw on both the November 25 Edge and the Beyond October 20 menu under Appetizers.  Definitely haven’t seen it before.   Definitely would order it.   I would expect it to be a mini-tail

IMG_0057.thumb.png.dbd9cb2eb66fec6907d9e12baf3a6638.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We found luminae food to be good- but definately prefer the specialty restaurants.  We still manage to overeat and gain weight as I am sure many people do!  More then enough choices and food to eat!

Would agree the food in Specialty is usually much better but even then their menus can get repetitive especially when your at sea for 30+ days.    I find that for us we mix it up.   On the smaller ship when you really only have Murano, Tuscan and Petite Chef the specialties can also be a challenge.  

Luckily the MD in Luminae (especially on E-Class)  often offers to have off menu items prepared with 24 hour notice.  They realize that B2Ber need a bit of variety and without the ability to mix and match from MDR menu the menu gets boring real quick.

• Like 1

On Eclipse now. Haven't noticed any changes in the Luminae menu.  Didn't do a before and after comparison but they seem to be the same as before. I can't speak to specific items but everything I was used to ordering was there. Food has been generally good to very good, and great service. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Would agree the food in Specialty is usually much better but even then their menus can get repetitive especially when your at sea for 30+ days.    I find that for us we mix it up.   On the smaller ship when you really only have Murano, Tuscan and Petite Chef the specialties can also be a challenge.  

Luckily the MD in Luminae (especially on E-Class)  often offers to have off menu items prepared with 24 hour notice.  They realize that B2Ber need a bit of variety and without the ability to mix and match from MDR menu the menu gets boring real quick.

Edge class has the most specialty options.  We would take different dining packages for thirty fdays. Probably 3 10 day b/3/bs.  M class less specialty options.  S class especially silhouette and reflection, more options

Just got off Equinox on Sunday.  There might have been a few minor changes on Luminae menu to lower cost food but nothing noticeable.  What we ate was very good.  Also we were on a B2B, a 6 night and then a 8 night.  The first 6 nights of the 8 night the food was same as first cruise.  And the same lunch was repeated at least 3 times.  

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Edge class has the most specialty options.  We would take different dining packages for thirty fdays. Probably 3 10 day b/3/bs.  M class less specialty options.  S class especially silhouette and reflection, more options

I agree they have more choices but for us we found the only one we use is Eden.   We are not big meat eaters and Fine Cuts was a real disappointment mostly due to the noise levels from the adjacent Martini bar especially when they put on their show.   Petite Chef -  basically one and done but we've done it 3 times.    We tried Raw on 5 and was OK but would not be in a rush to return.

Eden Cafe has really been a hit for lunch after all the days on board have never tried Le Grand on all the cruises we have done even with free dining in a RS.

I have already booked Eden for My Birthday on November 26.   Last set of cruises we had dinner there 5 times.    I have to say I'm really impressed with their flavor profiles. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

Jim, I was looking at your upcoming cruises. I see you are going from Honolulu to Vancouver. 
I am planning to book the Explora Journeys on April 27th with the same itinerary. 
I will look forward to comparing notes. It will be our first time on this new ship. 
Their entry balcony suite was a little less than X. Sky suite. Cheers, Heather 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 2:15 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I have to agree with you.   I don't think much has changed on the menu in about 10 years and can get really boring especially if you are doing multi-segment cruises (B2B+).    Having said that they have improved their Amuse-Bouche.    I would say some of our favorites is the Turbot and the  Eggplant Parmigiana.

I hope the new and improved Amuse-Bouches are not fish centric.  I don't eat fish, and one cruise within the last year was fish almost every day.  I had a lot of berries as amuse-bouche.  Got very boring, although on one ship they'd throw balsamic reduction on them, which made them a whole lot better.

• Like 1