Cream For Coffee?

Broons77

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

I actually prefer the whole milk anyway.   I do use fat free 1/2 & 1/2 at home, though.  Not sure why.  😉 

DW loves her FF HH.  Has to have it.  I was shocked to discover it has no cream but is whole milk with thickeners added to it. 

45 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

it has no cream but is whole milk with thickeners added to it. 

I don't know where you get your 1/2n1/2 but mine is half cream half whole milk, says so on the box.  That other stuff is in the mini moos so they won't spoil...but my carton has none of it.  For what it's worth, whipping cream is just too greasy for me, whole milk will do but I like the richer Halfnhalf.  So sue me!

100% half n half.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't know where you get your 1/2n1/2 but mine is half cream half whole milk, says so on the box.  That other stuff is in the mini moos so they won't spoil...but my carton has none of it.  For what it's worth, whipping cream is just too greasy for me, whole milk will do but I like the richer Halfnhalf.  So sue me!

100% half n half.jpg

I don't know where you got your glasses but we are talking about fat free half and half. 

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I don't know where you got your glasses but we are talking about fat free half and half. 

Sorry not interested in fatfree anything.  In fact I think the term is a misnomer when discussing cream...LOL  Cream IS fat, what would be left if you tried to remove the cream...Oh I see, all that crap.  Well to each his own.

Edited by BecciBoo

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

DW loves her FF HH.  Has to have it.  I was shocked to discover it has no cream but is whole milk with thickeners added to it. 

Yup...tons of corn syrup.  Have already had the "sermon" from people that swear it is bad for me.  But...low sugar, low fat, low calorie and I like the taste.   Good enough for me.  😉 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

100% half n half.jpg

You missed the point.  We were talking about "Fat Free" 1/2 and 1/2.  

It's a shame that hotels have either the big pump bottles of flavored creamer or the single serves for your coffee, but the cruise lines won't even supply HH. I love my morning coffee, but even their coffee is terrible, so I usually end up drinking tea throughout the cruise, because I can drink that, with just a tad of reg milk & a 1/2 tsp of sugar.

Another option is to add 1/2 packet of hot chocolate mix to your coffee.

3 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

This thread has been really helpful. I usually get on board and live with the half&half crapshoot. I'll be bringing some onboard from now on, either minimoos or a quart in a cooler. Gotta have my half and half!

Glad it helped.  This board has answered just about every cruising question I've ever had and a thousand questions I hadn't thought of.

I'm going the quart in the cooler route.  My add in of choice is light cream, which is difficult to find packaged in the little cups unfortunately.  I'm betting I'll be getting some jealous stares when I bust that out at breakfast and after dinner.

• Haha 1

Reviewed in the United States on September 23, 2023

These are GENUINE half-and-half, not some kind of chemical concoction. Having been UHT processed, they can be kept without refrigeration. Each one is just under 1/4 ounce ( about 1/2 tablespoon), and costs just a bit over 16 cents. They're very convenient and great when traveling. I'm happy I bought ths item, and plan to re-order when I run out.

Actual Amazon review of Land O Lakes Mini Moo’s Half & Half Creamer Singles,

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Reviewed in the United States on September 23, 2023

These are GENUINE half-and-half, not some kind of chemical concoction. Having been UHT processed, they can be kept without refrigeration. Each one is just under 1/4 ounce ( about 1/2 tablespoon), and costs just a bit over 16 cents. They're very convenient and great when traveling. I'm happy I bought ths item, and plan to re-order when I run out.

Actual Amazon review of Land O Lakes Mini Moo’s Half & Half Creamer Singles,

You can also buy them at Sam's Club.  Amazon, from the review you posted, is $30.46 for 192.  Sam's Club is $12.78 for 192.  

• Like 1

Would I like to have cream or Half & Half for my coffee in the morning? Yes.

Do I expect it? No

Your expectations are too high if you expect to travel internationally and expect foods, spices, and condiments to be the same everywhere in the world as you have at home.

Just returned from 3 weeks in Europe and a 13 day cruise. I am currently sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee the way I prefer it and looking forward to a glass full of ice with some cola in it.

15 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Do I expect it? No

Your expectations are too high if you expect to travel internationally and expect foods, spices, and condiments to be the same everywhere in the world as you have at home.

Just returned from 3 weeks in Europe and a 13 day cruise. I am currently sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee the way I prefer it and looking forward to a glass full of ice with some cola in it.

Me too.   Just back from 23 nights on a river cruise, with Viking.  Not sure why the chefs insist on over thinking the entrees.  Way too much exotic spice and sauce plied on everything.   Simple, to me...is the best.    If you have good quality food...let it take spotlight! 

Back home with comfort food again...ahhhh!!   

And I am quite sure there was simple whole milk in the Lattes and Cappuccinos.  😉 

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

Do I expect it? No

I don't drink coffee but my wife does and has a cup with breakfast. We were just on Celebrity's Eclipse and she would have to ask for half and half or cream every time as the little picture on the table always had milk in it. 

4 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Do I expect it? No

I understand your point, and don't disagree with it at all.  My only overseas trip was to Italy, and I enjoyed all of it, even if I wasn't a fan of the taste of everything.

But this cruise is to Maine and St. John's and I live in MA, so the international flair of this trip is one that I can recreate in my living room with a lobster for dinner and a hockey game on TV.  So I'll just go tor the trifecta and bring myself some light cream for my Windjammer mud 😄

• Like 1