The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday October 16th, 2023

richwmn

News on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship evacuating Americans from Israel.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/nation-world/cruise-ship-carrying-americans-departs-northern-israel-port-us-nationals-royal-caribbean-international-cruise-ship-israeli-port-of-haifa-mediterranean-cyprus-us-embassy

According to Cruisemapper.com, that ship is on the move away from Haifa.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 16

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It has been a nice day.

We took a picnic and ate it in the car overlooking the sea.

We wanted to go to Denny's but it was 4200 miles away 😋🤣

IMG_20231016_151932.jpg

I know it’s hard to beat that Grand Slam Breakfast at Denny’s. Do y’all have anything like that in your country?

• Like 8

Good Morning Everyone,

Early morning here, as Hubby stayed at hospital with his Dad and I woke up at 4:30am, so I just got up.  Kitchen cleaned laundry going.  # 2 Grandson is here today and going to help with some outside projects that involve younger muscles!  At lunch time will have the younger 4 grandsons (only 1/2 day at school) here.  Have some lighter chores for them.  They like earning some pocket money and it helps me get things done.

We have several dictionary's in the house though with the dictionary app on my phone I will confess they are getting a might bit dusty!  Won't cut up my credit cards, but I keep it at a zero balance each month!

Caught an early morning sunrise this morning.  Worth being up for!  Have a great day everyone.

Sunrise.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I used to love dictionaries, but look up words online nowadays; however my dictionary is still in the bookcase right next to me. Over the years I've decreased the number of credit cards I have; and always pay the balance monthly. I know many on the Daily will celebrate Global Cat day! Interesting quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I've been to NZ, but not Kaikoura. 2 important days in history.

It's another cool and cloudy day here. Only in the 50's. Sadly I had another interrupted sleep, and my leg was tingly and numb this morning. It's somewhat better now. I'm still trying to get some things organized around the house. I'm going to make my favorite Chicken Taco Chili in the slow cooker so that there's something to just heat up for the next few days. The plumber comes tomorrow to check the boiler, and a commode that runs despite my attempts to fix it. Then PT and out to dinner. I don't know yet what time my procedure will be on Wednesday. I just noticed I didn't update the countdown for those about to cruise - oy!

@StLouisCruisers Very cute photos of Sadie and Milo posted yesterday. And wow on DD and DSIL installing new windows themselves! So sorry about the continued delays for DS's flights home. 

@RMLincoln I'm glad you made it home safely and that the trip went well. Lots to do coming up, and I'm glad you'll have some help from the grandkids. 

@Haljo1935 Good luck tomorrow with PT and the Chiro.

@smitty34877 Prayers that the ups and downs modulate out to a smoother course.

@CrabbyPatti Prayers for your DFIL that his health improves soon and he can be released from the hospital. Beautiful sunrise.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, summer slope said:

Spiced Holly Highball cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Cruzan® Aged Dark Rum
5 Cranberries
3/4 tsp Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp Agave Syrup
Handful Mint, Fresh
Splash
Club Soda

Instructions
Muddle the cranberries, mint, pumpkin spice and agave. Add rum and shake well. Strain over ice into a highball glass. Top with club soda. Garnish: mint sprig and three cranberries.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 6.43.32 AM.png

Not good for us who are diabetic, but it does sound good.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

I'm late again today, another not so good night.  It must have been 3 am before I got to sleep, and then I slept only 5 hours.  Too much running through my mind!  I'm not complaining though, I feel for Vanessa @JazzyV and others whose sleep is affected by pain. I'm not in pain, just can't turn my brain off.

The only dictionary we have now is our French-English dictionary but I do look up words often online.  We pay off our credit card every month and get cash back from using it, so won't be cutting it up.  Yay for cats!!  'nuff said. 😂🐈

The quote is strange, pass on the red wine and drink with pumpkin spice, the NZ port isn't on our itinerary for the GA but I hope someone has photos.  Debbie @dfishYou had me at Guinness 😄 but I don't see it in the recipe? Usually I would choose chicken or turkey for a meat pie, but Guinness  just might change my mind....

Today is blustery with wind and rain.  The leaves are falling from the trees quickly, fall has really hit our area.  Temperatures low to mid 60's F.

Last night we had the nicest surprise.  The doorbell rang but we didn't recognize the person on our video camera so didn't answer. I thought it was another door-to-door salesperson.  Then I got a text from DD asking if we were home.  I said Yes.  She said "Answer your door".  Oh my, it was Erin, DD's best friend who lives in Philadelphia and we hadn't seen since DD's wedding 16 years ago!  DD was hiding around the corner and of course we all had a big laugh and lots of hugs.  Such a nice visit with her.  Apparently they had been on a hike in the area and Erin insisted on coming to see us.  🙂  

Debbie @dfish Ever since Covid now we have to make appointments to have our labs done.  Apparently you do not?  I really wish ours would go back to going in whenever is convenient.  

• Like 24

Good afternoon from a breezy and sunny central Texas.  It has warmed up to 62F and is not bad in the sun.  I've gotten a couple of things done, but naturally other things cropped up that needed attention.  A couple of times the golf cart has not wanted to start on cooler mornings, but would eventually start, but not today.  It now has the battery charger on to see that will help.  It should since the batter is just 13 months old.

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I like dictionaries; my cat thinks every day is his day, being global cat day, I remember how they seemed to be everywhere in 🇬🇷; just got a new card because it was compromised, so I did my cutting up early - please no more cutting this close to a trip.

I don’t think I like the quote, but won't put any more thought into it.

Yes on the meal and wine, pass on the drink, have not been to NZ.

The day in history was important for Catholics and the Disney boys sure changed the world in their own right.

46° headed to 68° - yay for a fall day!! Sat forecast is 90°.

Friend wants to drive Vespas during our upcoming cruise, so I have to squeeze passport photos for international driver license into the schedule. That has me rethinking our Corfu 4x4 excursion w/DH - is ge driving the 4x4? If so, he needs an international DL, too. We leave in less than 2 weeks - hope there's time. Will be making a trip to CU to see if they can help w/the GO card since I am not able to order it online.

My shoulder sees both PT and Chiro today - I may go along to hear for myself what they say 🤔

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

20231016_075254.jpg

Screenshot_20231016-075319_Weather.jpg

When we rented a car in Corfu in 2019, they required an International Driver's License.  I hope the PT and chiro help with your shoulder today.

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is a beautiful day with cool temperatures going up to sixty later. My dog friends are waiting for their long walk. Every day is cat day here.I find that I look up words online now but I used a dictionary before.I have not been to the port and dislike the quote. The recipes look good to me but I need an easier meal for tonight.

Thank you @cat shepard and @ottahand7

I appreciate your kindness and support as we try to get it together here. There certainly a lot of ups and downs.

@Cruising Terri I hope better days are coming for you both.

I got the flu shot last week and got an appointment for the Covid jab later today. There have been a lot of new cases around here. DD and I hope the gathering for DH on 11/4 is not a superspreader event.

Have a great day

Terry, you, Tana, and the rest of the family are in my thoughts daily as you adjust to the new normal.  Glad you are getting the Covid jab well before the gathering to remember and honor your DH.

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily.  We have a few dictionaries around the house, but for the past number of years, I've used my phone to check words.  I can't cut up my credit card because I use it every day.  I haven't used cash in so long that I can't remember the last time I did.  Sochi will be happy it's Global Cat Day; she thinks for her it's every day!

Sochi.JPG.d53d8d96e40957cbc38ec72d2e4a365a.JPG

A chilly morning at 0C which means we've got frost on the windshields as we're in a bit of a dip on our street.  It's to be expected at this time of year, but at least according to my memories on FB, we don't have snow as we did 6 years ago.  This week we need to do a couple of things - get our latest Covid shots and on Thursday we're heading to Calgary for some much needed grandson time.  Now that DH is feeling better, I am more comfortable with our driving there - he doesn't want to fly because he doesn't like being without a car, even though I've suggested we just rent one when we get there.

@NextOne sending prayers for you and your medical team as you have your valve replacement tomorrow.

@57redbirdprayers for your DH's ablation procedure mid week.

@Cruzin Terriprayers and hugs for whatever you're going through.

I'd like to try the drink as long as it isn't gritty from the pumpkin spice, am pretty sure I'd like the wine, and the menu suggestion looks delicious.  I do have ground beef thawing in the fridge, but that's going to be made into quesadillas for us to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, particularly those involved in wars in Israel and Ukraine.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad your DH is feeling better, and well enough to head to Calgary for some grandson time.  

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just got word that my big bag shipped Friday by Luggage Forward is ready at the UPS Store.

Roy

Roy, that is good news and quick service.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

News on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship evacuating Americans from Israel.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/nation-world/cruise-ship-carrying-americans-departs-northern-israel-port-us-nationals-royal-caribbean-international-cruise-ship-israeli-port-of-haifa-mediterranean-cyprus-us-embassy

According to Cruisemapper.com, that ship is on the move away from Haifa.

Sandi, thanks for the news about the Rhapsody taking Americans to Cypress.  We need more good news stories about cruse ships and cruise lines.

1 hour ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Morning Everyone,

Early morning here, as Hubby stayed at hospital with his Dad and I woke up at 4:30am, so I just got up.  Kitchen cleaned laundry going.  # 2 Grandson is here today and going to help with some outside projects that involve younger muscles!  At lunch time will have the younger 4 grandsons (only 1/2 day at school) here.  Have some lighter chores for them.  They like earning some pocket money and it helps me get things done.

We have several dictionary's in the house though with the dictionary app on my phone I will confess they are getting a might bit dusty!  Won't cut up my credit cards, but I keep it at a zero balance each month!

Caught an early morning sunrise this morning.  Worth being up for!  Have a great day everyone.

Sunrise.jpg

Denise, that is a gorgeous sunrise picture.  I hope your DFIL is improving.  Glad you have some grandson help with chores today.

50 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I used to love dictionaries, but look up words online nowadays; however my dictionary is still in the bookcase right next to me. Over the years I've decreased the number of credit cards I have; and always pay the balance monthly. I know many on the Daily will celebrate Global Cat day! Interesting quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I've been to NZ, but not Kaikoura. 2 important days in history.

It's another cool and cloudy day here. Only in the 50's. Sadly I had another interrupted sleep, and my leg was tingly and numb this morning. It's somewhat better now. I'm still trying to get some things organized around the house. I'm going to make my favorite Chicken Taco Chili in the slow cooker so that there's something to just heat up for the next few days. The plumber comes tomorrow to check the boiler, and a commode that runs despite my attempts to fix it. Then PT and out to dinner. I don't know yet what time my procedure will be on Wednesday. I just noticed I didn't update the countdown for those about to cruise - oy!

@StLouisCruisers Very cute photos of Sadie and Milo posted yesterday. And wow on DD and DSIL installing new windows themselves! So sorry about the continued delays for DS's flights home. 

@RMLincoln I'm glad you made it home safely and that the trip went well. Lots to do coming up, and I'm glad you'll have some help from the grandkids. 

@Haljo1935 Good luck tomorrow with PT and the Chiro.

@smitty34877 Prayers that the ups and downs modulate out to a smoother course.

@CrabbyPatti Prayers for your DFIL that his health improves soon and he can be released from the hospital. Beautiful sunrise.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry about another night of interrupted sleep.  I hope your procedure Wednesday will help with the leg pain and numbness.  The chicken taco chili sounds interesting.  Would you mind sharing the recipe?

10 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm late again today, another not so good night.  It must have been 3 am before I got to sleep, and then I slept only 5 hours.  Too much running through my mind!  I'm not complaining though, I feel for Vanessa @JazzyV and others whose sleep is affected by pain. I'm not in pain, just can't turn my brain off.

The only dictionary we have now is our French-English dictionary but I do look up words often online.  We pay off our credit card every month and get cash back from using it, so won't be cutting it up.  Yay for cats!!  'nuff said. 😂🐈

The quote is strange, pass on the red wine and drink with pumpkin spice, the NZ port isn't on our itinerary for the GA but I hope someone has photos.  Debbie @dfishYou had me at Guinness 😄 but I don't see it in the recipe? Usually I would choose chicken or turkey for a meat pie, but Guinness  just might change my mind....

Today is blustery with wind and rain.  The leaves are falling from the trees quickly, fall has really hit our area.  Temperatures low to mid 60's F.

Last night we had the nicest surprise.  The doorbell rang but we didn't recognize the person on our video camera so didn't answer. I thought it was another door-to-door salesperson.  Then I got a text from DD asking if we were home.  I said Yes.  She said "Answer your door".  Oh my, it was Erin, DD's best friend who lives in Philadelphia and we hadn't seen since DD's wedding 16 years ago!  DD was hiding around the corner and of course we all had a big laugh and lots of hugs.  Such a nice visit with her.  Apparently they had been on a hike in the area and Erin insisted on coming to see us.  🙂  

Debbie @dfish Ever since Covid now we have to make appointments to have our labs done.  Apparently you do not?  I really wish ours would go back to going in whenever is convenient.  

Carolyn, I hope tonight your can convince your mind to shut down for a few hours.  I know from experience that is easier said than done.  What a nice surprise seeing your DD's best friend last night.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

I know it’s hard to beat that Grand Slam Breakfast at Denny’s. Do y’all have anything like that in your country?

I had the Phillisteak omelette with red skin potatoes and toast every day and most days Pauline had the Fit Fare Veggie skillet.

In England there are lots of places I can get a Full English Breakfast.

IMG_20231014_083634.jpg

IMG_20231012_085607.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 16

44 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Vanessa, I'm sorry about another night of interrupted sleep.  I hope your procedure Wednesday will help with the leg pain and numbness.  The chicken taco chili sounds interesting.  Would you mind sharing the recipe?

Lenda

Thanks, Lenda. The recipe is from Skinnytaste.com. Gina, the creator of the site, has lots of good tasting and healthy recipes. She now has several cookbooks as well. This recipe is one of her oldest and most popular. Here is the link:  https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts/

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, highscar said:

Growing up in England, my favorite breakfast was toast spread with bacon fat and Marmite. 

I think that might have been what my late dad liked when he was growing up in the 1930s.

This is my English breakfast with white toast on the side and a flat white coffee.

Screenshot_20231016_194203.jpg

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Thanks, Lenda. The recipe is from Skinnytaste.com. Gina, the creator of the site, has lots of good tasting and healthy recipes. She now has several cookbooks as well. This recipe is one of her oldest and most popular. Here is the link:  https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts/

Vanessa, thanks for the link.  It looks good and easy, which I like,  It also looks like leftovers could be reheated or frozen for later.  I would find a different bean than the kidney beans, which I do not care like.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@grapau27  On BHBs there is a full English breakfast.  It has the baked beans, two meats, eggs and the tomato.    No mushrooms and what are the black things on the plate?   If one wanted mushrooms with full English breakfast I am sure they could be added from the omelet station.   I tried it once but it was too much for me.   

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@grapau27  On BHBs there is a full English breakfast.  It has the baked beans, two meats, eggs and the tomato.    No mushrooms and what are the black things on the plate?   If one wanted mushrooms with full English breakfast I am sure they could be added from the omelet station.   I tried it once but it was too much for me.   

Nancy, the black things are black pudding.  I won't tell what's in them, but you can look them up.  DH got it once on P&O not knowing what one of the ingredients is.  When I told him, he didn't eat them.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I hope tonight your can convince your mind to shut down for a few hours.  I know from experience that is easier said than done.  What a nice surprise seeing your DD's best friend last night.

Thank you Lenda, I hope so too.  I can't do this for the next 76 days lol.

Yes it was a wonderful surprise seeing Erin.  She's always been special to our family -- DD even named our last cat after her (her last name, not first name).  That cat is the one I raised with a bottle and she lived 17 years.

59 minutes ago, dfish said:

Yum, thanks!!  I will definitely make this in the next week or so.  

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Ever since Covid now we have to make appointments to have our labs done.  Apparently you do not?  I really wish ours would go back to going in whenever is convenient.  

One hospital group here is strictly show-up-and-wait, while the other books appointments. I now try to get all lab orders written for the latter. If there's a long wait, I get too frightened.

• Like 11

I'm back from having my car inspected, since the sticker would have expired while I'm away. The car failed initially, but only because of needing new wiper blades. I had already purchased a set and they installed them for me, probably in 1/10 the time it would have taken me to do it.

• Like 18

Good afternoon, thanks for all the pictures and sharing today....thoughts and prayers for all who need them, and cheers for the rest.  Kind of a dreary day here, but no rain, so that's good.  Just got back from our library, one of the librarians has a Craft day.  We wrapped a stone with wire, not as easy as it looks!  Have a good evening, Karen

• Like 17