The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday October 16th, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@grapau27  On BHBs there is a full English breakfast.  It has the baked beans, two meats, eggs and the tomato.    No mushrooms and what are the black things on the plate?   If one wanted mushrooms with full English breakfast I am sure they could be added from the omelet station.   I tried it once but it was too much for me.   

That is black pudding.

Screenshot_20231016_214114.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Himself said:

Rich Thanks for the DAILY and Fleet Report.  This weekend could see both the Nieuw Amsterdam and Nieuw Statendam making calls at Ft. Lauderdale. 

Good afternoon Father.  This weekend Nieuw Amsterdam will be in Port Everglades on Saturday and Rotterdam will be there Sunday.  I believe Nieuw Statendam is in the Mediterranean.  That ship was also in Haifa the day the attack on Israel started.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is black pudding.

Screenshot_20231016_214114.jpg

Thanks Graham, but no thanks!!🙁

• Like 10

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good afternoon Father.  This weekend Nieuw Amsterdam will be in Port Everglades on Saturday and Rotterdam will be there Sunday.  I believe Nieuw Statendam is in the Mediterranean.  That ship was also in Haifa the day the attack on Israel started.

Thanks for the correction.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It is usually quite dry to the taste.

I sometimes eat a little but usually I ask for it to be left off my breakfast.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Roy, that is good news and quick service.

One major bonus for me.  I had taken my Medical Guardian device with me.  It does not work at sea or in Canada but I used it in Portland and Newport, but I mistakenly packed the charger in the Luggage Forward bag.  The battery had gone to zero early this morning but it was the first thing I unpacked and charged for a while.

Roy

• Like 13

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

One major bonus for me.  I had taken my Medical Guardian device with me.  It does not work at sea or in Canada but I used it in Portland and Newport, but I mistakenly packed the charger in the Luggage Forward bag.  The battery had gone to zero early this morning but it was the first thing I unpacked and charged for a while.

Roy

I am wondering about the Medical Guardian since I am going to have to be flying. It would be nice to have it in San Diego..... not so much for falling but if I thought I needed assistance for any other reason. Since I will be gone over 94 days I am going to call them and talk to them about what to do. I am sure they have other people with that question. The device will be very dead when I get home.

Just got back from getting my Covid jab. I asked for and received a new card but I think I am going to take all shot records with me when I travel. Can never be too well prepared.

Susan

• Like 14

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I usually get beef sausage but respect your religious choice.

With a transatlantic redeye flight coming soon, I was curious about what the airline might serve for breakfast, since while there may be a choice, there won't be any substitutions. Most of menus reported on FT have offered chicken sausage.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

With a transatlantic redeye flight coming soon, I was curious about what the airline might serve for breakfast, since while there may be a choice, there won't be any substitutions. Most of menus reported on FT have offered chicken sausage.

Paul, can you sign into your airline booking and order your meal in advance?  I'm sure they offer a kosher meal and you won't have to worry about that any more.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Paul, can you sign into your airline booking and order your meal in advance?  I'm sure they offer a kosher meal and you won't have to worry about that any more.

I usually don't order kosher meals -- during travel, I practice only "Biblical kashrut," a totally unauthorized folk custom that follows rules that are actually stated in the Torah but not any added since.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from the ever-changing Pacific Northwest, 

As I'm writing this I have rain coming down in sheets, my gutters overflowing, thunder rumbling, and out the other window is bright sunshine! Oh - and it's been quite windy as well! Glad I'm safely home and not out in it. 

DDIL's birthday dinner went well yesterday. My stroganoff recipe is a very simple crock pot one and then I did baked potatoes and I made noodles from scratch. She and DS ate quite a bit and took leftovers home. My neighbor, who is my walking partner, sent her husband down and he took enough back for their dinner and today another friend picked up the last of the leftovers. Sharing is caring - right? 

Back to the pool today after it being closed for a week and did it ever feel good. It was rainy going into town but afterwards it was just windy. I also did banking and got a few groceries. Tomorrow my new dryer gets delivered (It's an LG model) and I'll do PT in the morning so the week is filling up. 

Have a good afternoon!

Karen

Oops - another roll of thunder but still lots of sunshine. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

I am wondering about the Medical Guardian since I am going to have to be flying. It would be nice to have it in San Diego..... not so much for falling but if I thought I needed assistance for any other reason. Since I will be gone over 94 days I am going to call them and talk to them about what to do. I am sure they have other people with that question. The device will be very dead when I get home.

Just got back from getting my Covid jab. I asked for and received a new card but I think I am going to take all shot records with me when I travel. Can never be too well prepared.

Susan

Is your device a Mini Guardian.  My experience is that it held it's charge for several days so if San Diego is at the start of the trip I might take it.  It would be dead when you got home but mine recharged enough to work really quickly.

Roy

• Like 8

A quick note, Kaikoura is a small town, population approximately 2.300. it is a fishing and wildlife centre, whale watching is available. 

It is located on the main north/south highway,  a good place to stop for refreshments  while driving that route...........have done so many times, also it was a port of call during a cruise on the wonderful Maasdam.

@rafinmd  Roy, you have passed through Kaikoura during your train journey to Christchurch. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

27 minutes ago, erewhon said:

A quick note, Kaikoura is a small town, population approximately 2.300. it is a fishing and wildlife centre, whale watching is available. 

It is located on the main north/south highway,  a good place to stop for refreshments  while driving that route...........have done so many times, also it was a port of call during a cruise on the wonderful Maasdam.

@rafinmd  Roy, you have passed through Kaikoura during your train journey to Christchurch. 

Thanks.  I see I did mention it in the blog for that day but no photos of it.

Roy

• Like 11

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

I tested negative today, so can get out of COVID jail tomorrow.   Well, I am on mask restriction, but will take it!  Prayers for all in need.  Will try to do a halfway intelligent post tomorrow.

Have a good night.

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, thanks for sharing the good news with us.

Lenda

• Like 4

9 hours ago, kochleffel said:

We had a choice of Beef,chicken or vegetarian options with cheese and crackers,a yoghurt,a bun and butter,salad bowl and a desert.

Breakfast was a cheese and ham toastie,yoghurt cheese and biscuits and a bun and butter.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1