Princess pre cruise hotels Vancouver

georgetheblue

15 hours ago, georgetheblue said:

Last time (2018) I stayed at the Pinnacle which was beautiful and very close to Canada Place.  I began my cruise tour in Fairbanks, ended in Vancouver and added a Trafalgar tour 9 days to Banff.  Loved the tour, hated the bus.  I get it, post pandemic businesses are still trying to catch up, so all prices are up.

A big oops for us this summer . We booked the Pinnacle at the Pier which is in North Vancouver ! Wrong Pinnacle . 😬 It all worked out as our Pinnacle was just beside the ferry which goes between the two ports . Very nice Hotel even if it was a mistake .

Edited by richstowe

We booked the Fairmont Waterfront for our pre-cruise 1 night stay which included a transfer from the airport to the hotel for I believe $589.  A little pricey but then Vancouver is pricey during the cruise season.  We both loved the hotel and location.  Luggage was picked up from our room around 8:00 am and delivered directly to our stateroom.  I was expecting to have to take a Princess bus to the hotel but when we found the Princess rep at the airport, she gave us a voucher for any taxi to the hotel.  Overall we were very pleased with our choice.

Stayed at Hampton Inn for 277 usd May 30th. Good location downtown but took taxi to port. Traffic was horrible getting into port, but everything smooth once we stopped at porter luggage dropoff.

It includes breakfast. 

On 10/16/2023 at 5:34 PM, georgetheblue said:

My TA just presented me with the precruise hotels choices for two nights(with transfers) next August.  My choices -  both Fairmonts run $850 to $900 USD.  I guess i will just have to add it to my overall Alaska cruise tour experience.  But-YIKES, it’s just a hotel.

Agreed - the prices for Vancouver are ridiculously expensive in the summer (I assume other times of the year as well). Given the option, I would choose the Fairmont on the corner of Burrard and Granville (or Georgia). A great location and hotel.

On 10/17/2023 at 12:12 AM, SargassoPirate said:

On a couple of pre-pandemic cruises out of Vancouver, we stayed at a Days Inn on Pander Street in downtown.  Everything downtown was walkable from the hotel.  On embarkation day we just rolled our bags downhill to the cruise terminal.

Good to know. Thanks. I just boomed the Days Inn because we are arriving in Vancouver by train around midnight and just need s few hours sleep before heading to the ship. 

On 10/16/2023 at 2:34 PM, georgetheblue said:

My TA just presented me with the precruise hotels choices for two nights(with transfers) next August.  My choices -  both Fairmonts run $850 to $900 USD.  I guess i will just have to add it to my overall Alaska cruise tour experience.  But-YIKES, it’s just a hotel.

This price actually includes transfer from YVR to hotel and hotel to ship on embarkation day, its not a bad deal "nice" YVR hotels this past season were very high in price

There is a promotion for stays of two nights in Vancouver Hotels that could get you $250 in Mastecard gift cards: https://www.stayvancouverhotels.com/exclusive-offers.php

The downtown hotel we use before cruises is Le Soleil and it is among those eligible, but so are many others. The promotion runs to the end of February 2024.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 8:55 PM, Coral said:
On 10/17/2023 at 8:23 PM, RD64 said:

$340. In what year?

This May. It was $459 Canadian with taxes which comes to $336 US with today's conversion

I think I was on the cruise after Coral (unless it was the same one). May 22nd at the Pan Pacific for $300 USD with a $30 dining credit. Booked only 45 days out or so.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 5:34 PM, georgetheblue said:

The problem with booking hotels through Princess is that they charge per person, not per room. So it costs significantly more than booking the same room on your own. I understand the convenience, though. We did it last summer at the Captain Cook hotel in Anchorage. 

• Like 1

As a solo traveler I need the moving pieces to fit together easily. As such I pay the price.  I want the Princess rep to meet me at baggage claim and get me to my hotel, room key and vouchers in hand.  Of course i also want a transfer from the hotel to the ship.  As for the per person charge, in most cases I already pay double.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

I think I was on the cruise after Coral (unless it was the same one). May 22nd at the Pan Pacific for $300 USD with a $30 dining credit. Booked only 45 days out or so.

You got a better deal than I did! And yes, you were on the next cruise after me. 

I booked probably 4 months out.

44 minutes ago, georgetheblue said:

As a solo traveler I need the moving pieces to fit together easily. As such I pay the price.  I want the Princess rep to meet me at baggage claim and get me to my hotel, room key and vouchers in hand.  Of course i also want a transfer from the hotel to the ship.  As for the per person charge, in most cases I already pay double.

I am single also - I am ok with taking a cab in Vancouver to the hotel. I had taken a shuttle that morning from Whistler to Vancouver.

On 10/16/2023 at 8:15 PM, georgetheblue said:

I get it, post pandemic businesses are still trying to catch up, so all prices are up.

I have no idea what nights you are looking at, but as usual Friday or Saturday nights will run more. And how many ships are in port can make a difference. This far out they are probably listing the rack rates, but it may just be there are several ships in port (departing) the same morning as you. When I was looking for last May, the prices actually dropped inside of a few months. We were the only ship in port though, and it was the day after Victoria Day.  Post cruise (Saturday night) we grabbed the King suite at The Moda Hotel, it is an older property but was decent if you don't mind non-modern (1912 I think). The room had been modernized with separate tub and shower, dual vanities, coffee maker, wifi, flat screen, etc. Lobby still had the original ceiling ornamentation, which was gorgeous. Wife actually preferred it over the Pan Pacific, but she likes old properties.  Not sure of the quality of the regular rooms. Think it ran about $350 after taxes. They do have luggage storage, but we were able to check in on arrival around noon.

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2023 at 4:12 PM, Plato123 said:

There is a promotion for stays of two nights in Vancouver Hotels that could get you $250 in Mastecard gift cards: https://www.stayvancouverhotels.com/exclusive-offers.php

The downtown hotel we use before cruises is Le Soleil and it is among those eligible, but so are many others. The promotion runs to the end of February 2024.

Has anyone else had luck with this site?

2 hours ago, maggiev said:

Has anyone else had luck with this site?

I've occasionally checked for deals but haven't booked using the site.  It is legit though as the deals are occasionally referenced on the RedFlagDeals deals website.  As the subsequent post on the linked thread mentions though, sometimes there are requirements for some of the bonuses like a minimum 2 night stay and/or limitations like 48 hour cancellation policy.

I find a lot of Vancouver hotel promos end by May when cruise season gets into full swing and even then it's somewhat difficult to find a deal during shoulder season or when there are various events happening which isn't a surprise.  

• Thanks 1