Princess pre cruise hotels Vancouver

georgetheblue

My TA just presented me with the precruise hotels choices for two nights(with transfers) next August.  My choices -  both Fairmonts run $850 to $900 USD.  I guess i will just have to add it to my overall Alaska cruise tour experience.  But-YIKES, it’s just a hotel.

Take Princess out of the equation... research and book it yourself using Uber or Lyft or a taxi.

Vancouver can be pricey, but you can do way better on your own even if you stick with Fairmont/Pan Pacific (across the street from each other). Check sites such as Hotels.com etc. for choices.

Good luck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Vancouver has one price taxi fare from the airport to the city.  Cheaper than transfer if you use Princess.

Pan Pacific Hotel is cheaper than the Fairmont and much more convenient/better experience.  Join their loyalty club for discounted rooms.  In the morning, call the bell desk.  There is a very small fee for them to pick up your luggage AND deliver it directly to the ship.  

I am sure I. paid less than $400/night in September (2022?).  Centrally located.  Fabulous experience.  You will get many CC members telling you the same thing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, georgetheblue said:

My TA just presented me with the precruise hotels choices for two nights(with transfers) next August.  My choices -  both Fairmonts run $850 to $900 USD.  I guess i will just have to add it to my overall Alaska cruise tour experience.  But-YIKES, it’s just a hotel.

The Fairmont Pacific Room was an amazing hotel when I stayed there in 2008. Probably best hotel in Vancouver.

18 minutes ago, georgetheblue said:

Westin must not be available through Princess at this time. They attached a note that the prices can change at the cruiselines descretion

I booked on Marriott site for $303. US plus taxes. September ‘23.

Thanks for all the input everyone.   I want to be in port before the ship because we all know how stuff happens.  I will go back to my TA, they do need to work for their $$.  Last time (2018) I stayed at the Pinnacle which was beautiful and very close to Canada Place.  I began my cruise tour in Fairbanks, ended in Vancouver and added a Trafalgar tour 9 days to Banff.  Loved the tour, hated the bus.  I get it, post pandemic businesses are still trying to catch up, so all prices are up.

• Like 2

We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront, directly across the street from the cruise terminal.  Wonderful hotel, amazing staff! 

The bellman told us that as long as our luggage was picked up by 11:00 a.m., it would be on the ship in our cabin without our doing anything.  So I called for a bellman at 10:00 a.m. and all I did was hand over a generous tip.  All I carried to the ship was my laptop and a carry-on bag with our medicines and my wife's jewelry.  

• Like 2

We stayed at the EXchange Hotel Vancouver this past August pre-cruise.  Very nice hotel just 2 blocks from the port (located at the corner of Howe St & Pender St).  Easy access to all the sites and restaurants around the port of Vancouver.   Approx $500 CAN per night, which was half the price of the Pan Pacific Hotel.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific last month. Called bell desk in the morning they came up to get our 3 bags, $20 tip and they were in our stateroom by 1:00. Just went to the convention area  checked in, did customs and got in ship no need to even go outside

Fairmont (Accor) usually has a Black Friday sale offering 20% off of Fairmont gift cards. Would help with your costs if you’re set on a Fairmont. 
Vancouver is very expensive in high (cruise) season, but there are a lot of options for 4/5* hotels in the downtown area.

Taxis also have a flat rate from YVR to downtown of $41, so this is one place where Princess transfers are really not needed.

• Like 1

I just priced out hotels through Princess for Alaska next year.

For 2 people for one night the Fairmont Waterfront is $478. For two nights for 2 people the hotel is $836. 

Considering what I was pricing out Vancouver hotel rooms last year in May this is not unreasonable. I just recently spent $330 for a Fairmont Airport hotel per night booked privately,

• Like 1

We always stay at Pan Pacific, which is directly above the cruise terminal, so no transfers needed.   We purchase the rate for the precruise package.  It includes your room, buffet breakfast (the restaurant is gorgeous and looks out over the harbour and very likely you can see your ship) and the transfer of your luggage from your hotel room to your cabin on the ship.  Many lovely restaurants in the area and lots to see in Vancouver.  You must go to Stanley Park!

I won’t lie, it’s not inexpensive at Pan Pacific nor are restaurants in Vancouver, but it is an outstanding embarkation port.  You can arrange this yourself without the Princess package for a lot less money.

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 2