Our Carnival Venezia B2B - 21 days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 9/23/23

Jamman54

1 hour ago, blarko said:

I love Elemis products!!! Of course I get mine at Ulta or QVC, probably for half of what they charge on the ships.

I buy direct from Elemis website, min 25% off; they regularly have BOGO sales.

Thanks @Jamman54 for letting us go off topic for a min 🤭

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, this was a welcome surprise! I was just thinking it had been too long since I’d read a Jeff & Patti trip report! And here it is! This will be a perfect escape when I need a break from writing my own Sunshine review! So excited to learn all about this new ship! 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

This refrigerator actually kept beverages cold……

This is Blessing our cabin steward, and he really was a blessing! We requested morning service, an ice bucket with ice, and an extra set of towels. There was no problem with any of our requests.

We also requested an ice bucket and ice from our cabin steward, DWI.  We mentioned we normally keep it in the mini fridge in case he was looking for it to refill it.  He gave us wine chiller so it would fit better in the fridge.  I worked great, but it doesn't have a lid.  He gave friends in the cabin next to us a large bucket that would be used for beer buckets covered with a towel.  It held a LOT of ice but it wasn't insulated, so it sweated a lot and got the counter all wet.  He replaced it the second day with a wine chiller like he gave us.  So, maybe the actual ice buckets are in limited supply on the ship as other have mentioned.

fridge.thumb.jpg.21df96c76698a124d31e2618845ced2c.jpg

• Like 4

Oh!!!! Haven’t been on CC in a few days. Was just wondering if you were still on Venezia and I found your review. I am SO EXCITED for this!     👍👏🤗👍👏🤗 Great you booked another cruise on her; I’ll be on January 8 day, March 11 day and May 11 day. Wish at least ONE of them was same cruise as yours! 😥 YEA for you and Patti! 😎

• Thanks 1

Hmm Jamman is so universally liked - maybe he is the candidate to unite behind for Speaker of the House!!!

(The House hasn't done any work during the last 3 weeks he was on the Venizia either)

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

40 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Hmm Jamman is so universally liked - maybe he is the candidate to unite behind for Speaker of the House!!!

(The House hasn't done any work during the last 3 weeks he was on the Venizia either)

Yes third in line for the Captain's job seems appropriate for him and Patti could share great photos of the sunrises and sunsets from her post in the crows nest to share with us.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most people eventually figure out the new elevator system but I did see some straining to read the highly reflective b/w touch screens under the bright lights in certain areas. The photo here shows a screen with good contrast which wasn't always the norm. A larger non-reflective display like this drink menu one(with less words of course)would probably work better.

yjxo385h.png.e2122abb40b0fb087aefc8f50d5cc7c7.pngnby78lfm.png.b7a5f530d5688865bcc66000fcdc8233.png

• Like 3

Hey @Jamman54, as other have said, I always enjoy your reviews!

I'm checking out cruises on Venezia for when she comes to Port Canaveral.  I asked this in another (less recent thread), but what are your thoughts of the Terrazza Carnevale area, and the lack of a big pool (compared to the traditional Vista class ships)?

Does it still make the Terrazza cabins worthwhile?  I believe you are a strong supporter of the Havana areas on the Vista class ships.  We like to lounge in pools, and the allure of a semi-private pool is what makes the Havana cabins appealing, but Venezia is missing that key ingredient (acknowledging hot tubs are still present).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I'm checking out cruises on Venezia for when she comes to Port Canaveral.  I asked this in another (less recent thread), but what are your thoughts of the Terrazza Carnevale area, and the lack of a big pool (compared to the traditional Vista class ships)?

Does it still make the Terrazza cabins worthwhile?  I believe you are a strong supporter of the Havana areas on the Vista class ships.  We like to lounge in pools, and the allure of a semi-private pool is what makes the Havana cabins appealing, but Venezia is missing that key ingredient (acknowledging hot tubs are still present).

I am considering a Journeys cruise on Venezia and would like to know @Jamman54's thoughts on this as well! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

I am considering a Journeys cruise on Venezia and would like to know @Jamman54's thoughts on this as well! 

This is a very legitimate question, and this is our opinion. For us, the lack of a pool is a deal breaker, and we would not book a Terrazza cabin. The area is beautiful, which you will see in the next soggy segment. :classic_cool:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

This is a very legitimate question, and this is our opinion. For us, the lack of a pool is a deal breaker, and we would not book a Terrazza cabin. The area is beautiful, which you will see in the next soggy segment. :classic_cool:

That is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.  Thanks!  And I look forward to the details and other further reading from your trip report!

• Thanks 1

Patti leaves the sail away party, and because there is still well over an hour before the ship actually sails, she continues on her photo tour. Patti heads back down to the Piazza San Marco on Deck 3. Here is Carnival Adventures (Shore Excursion) Desk…..

IMG_5441-XL.jpg

Across from there is a Fun Hub, which is handy if you want to printout anything…..

IMG_5442-XL.jpg

All the way forward on Deck 3 you will find Circle “C” and Club O2…..

IMG_5444-XL.jpg

Here are a couple of views of Club O2…..

IMG_5445-XL.jpg

IMG_5446-XL.jpg

IMG_5447-XL.jpg

And here are a couple of Circle “C” views…..

IMG_5448-XL.jpg

IMG_5449-XL.jpg

IMG_5450-XL.jpg

Patti heads up to Deck 4 and passes through the San Marco Shops…..

IMG_5451-XL.jpg

IMG_5452-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 14

Continuing aft on Deck 4, she passes through the Art Gallery….

IMG_5454-XL.jpg

IMG_5453-XL.jpg

Patti then heads up to Deck 5 and all the way aft to the Carnevale Bar & Lounge. This would be the Havana Bar on the other Vista Class ships…..

IMG_5455-XL.jpg

IMG_5456-XL.jpg

IMG_5457-XL.jpg

IMG_5458-XL.jpg

IMG_5459-XL.jpg

Because it is raining, Patti is allowed to go outside to check out the Terrazza Carnevale……

IMG_5460-XL.jpg

IMG_5461-XL.jpg

This is the outside half of the Carnevale Bar…..

IMG_5462-XL.jpg

It’s a little wet out here!

IMG_5464-XL.jpg

IMG_5463-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 16

Patti heads back inside, and after leaving the Carnevale Bar & Lounge, and heading forward on Deck 5, the first venue she comes to is the Gondola Lounge, which is the Ocean Plaza on the other ships…..

IMG_5468-XL.jpg

IMG_5470-XL.jpg

Continuing forward, next she comes to the Pixels Photo Gallery…..

IMG_5471-XL.jpg

Continuing forward on Deck 5, the next venues she comes to are the Frizzante Bar, and the IL Viaggio Italian Restaurant. These venues are where the Pig & Anchor or Red Frog Pub are located on the other Vista Class ships…..

IMG_5474-XL.jpg

IMG_5478-XL.jpg

Patti checks out IL Viaggio. We will be eating here twice during our time aboard the Venezia…..

IMG_5479-XL.jpg

IMG_5480-XL.jpg

IMG_5481-XL.jpg

IMG_5482-XL.jpg

IMG_5483-XL.jpg

Up next is the Amari Bar, which is the Alchemy Bar equivalent on the Venezia…..

IMG_5485-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 15

Bonsai Sushi is right across from the Amari Bar. We will be eating here later tonight…..

IMG_5487-XL.jpg

IMG_5490-XL.jpg

IMG_5489-XL.jpg

IMG_5488-XL.jpg

The Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse is also next to the Amari Bar, but we’ll get back to that later. Next up is Bonsai Tappanyaki……

IMG_5492-XL.jpg

IMG_5493-XL.jpg

IMG_5494-XL.jpg

Across the way is Piano Bar 88. The Piano Bar Player for both cruises is Misso…..

IMG_5495-XL.jpg

IMG_5496-XL.jpg

IMG_5497-XL.jpg

The Quora String Trio performs in the Piazza San Marco…..

IMG_5499-XL.jpg

IMG_5500-XL.jpg

IMG_5503-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I just stayed in a Terrazza cabin and agree the area does not justify the price.

I was offered an upgrade from a standard balcony for $148 and it was worth it       
     for that price.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ramref said:

I just stayed in a Terrazza cabin and agree the area does not justify the price.

I was offered an upgrade from a standard balcony for $148 and it was worth it       
     for that price.

Hey Rich! You're turning into a regular poster. I love it!!! :classic_biggrin: