Enchantment of the Seas

Has anyone cruised on Enchantment lately? I realize it’s an older ship but I’m wondering a few things. How is the entertainment? We typically enjoy shows on cruises so hoping there will still be something we can enjoy. Besides the windjammer what are the food options for lunch? How many outlets are in an interior room? Is there enough to do on the ship? We’ll have our 11 year old with us so concerned she might get bored. 

Also, if anyone has done the western Caribbean route out of Tampa, please let me know what you did at the ports or other recommendations of things to do. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

We were on her for a 7 day Med cruise in July which was very port intensive so were not on board very much. They had Bingo and all sorts of trivia and name that tune and different types of games from what I can remember. There was a sexiest man contest. We were there on July 4th which happened to be a day at sea and they decorated the ship and had a party with activities you got a raffle ticket for if you participated to win prizes. At night they had some shows with singing and dancing and I think a magician as well. We did not see all of them. The day we boarded was the sail away party. We missed the welcome show in the evening  but saw the balloon drop. The last night there was a parade of flags representing the different countries of the crew and a few performed a little dance routine. We just had lunch in The Windjammer the few days we were there at that time and there was a nice variety. Can’t recall about the plugs.

• Thanks 1

Was on her last year, and found the shows enjoyable, especially the live music in R bar area. 

Will be on her out of Tampa next October for a big family cruise with kids aged 1 to 17.  I'm expecting adventure ocean to provide activities.  

We enjoyed lunch every day in the solarium cafe.  Did windjammer maybe once. 

Not sure about outlets, sorry,  but we always bring an extension plug (not cord) and do fine. 

• Thanks 1

I was on the same trip as Cynbeth and we love Enchantment.  She's older and smaller so it's easier to get around.  There is only 1 specialty restaurant on board, Chops.  It's open for dinner.  In the morning suite guests use it for breakfast.  The main dining room is open for breakfast lunch and dinner on sea days I believe.  You can check in the app and it will show when it's open on each day.  I wasn't a fan of the windjammer, but that's just me.  There is a small mexican kiosk just outside the windjammer on the Port side.  I was never up there when it was open so I can't say how it was.  There is also a small cafe in the solarium where you can get sandwiches and pizza.  They are open for lunch and later at night.  We were in a suite so I can't answer about the number of outlets.  I brought a cruise approved extension cord that had several outlets and usb ports on it so we used that most of the time.  There were kids events going on every day, many in the main lobby of the ship.  Hope you have fun!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, homedepot124 said:

We were on Enchantment last year and she was in pretty rough shape.  Lots of visible rust.  Some of the public restrooms were just plain nasty.  Hopefully things have improved since then. 

i sailed on the Enchantment in May.  I will be sailing on her in a little more than an week for 28 days.  If the ship was like the above observation, I wouldn't be sailing on her.

• Like 3

Our inside cabin on Enchantment, as on the other Vision class ships, had outlets only on the desk/vanity. If I remember correctly, there were 2 US outlets and a European one. I bring an adapter. We also have a multi-port USB charger and *very* long USB cords that reach across the room.

There was almost always something going on in the Centrum -- music, games, etc. There were also lots of trivia, bingo, karaoke sessions, etc going on in the Schooner & the lounge beyond it (I think that's the South Pacific on that ship?), plus music in Boleros.

I'm sure you'll have a pleasant time 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We usually do 1 out of 5 cruises a year out of Bayonne on Vision class. 12 dayers to S Caribbeans. Others are Oasis, Quantum, Voyager/Freedom classes … Last two years it was Enchantment. We enjoyed it a lot! We love Centrum with tons of music daily! Boleros is a nice addition. Shows are nice. 
We love all windows in Centrum! Enchantment also has tons of paintings around Centrum.. makes fun to explore them.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, homedepot124 said:

We were on Enchantment last year and she was in pretty rough shape.  Lots of visible rust.  Some of the public restrooms were just plain nasty.  Hopefully things have improved since then. 

I sailed on her in May and I’m 

on her again next week.  I though she was in good condition for her age and even commented on the new chairs in VCL which are far better than the awful old furniture on Jewel/Brilliance/Radiance which I have also been on in the past year. 

IMG_0991.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 5

We miss the "Enstretchment" here in Port Canaveral.  Sailed on her many times when she was stationed here.  Just yesterday booked a nice itinerary 9 night out of Tampa for next year.  Looking forward to seeing her again.  

Yes, older ship...yes probably showing her age (as she is indeed older)...and yes limited facilities.  But we like the smaller ships.  

For kids?  I think they would be much more bored on Enchantment than if they were on one of the "theme park" huge cruise ships.  Those seem to be more family targeted.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

For kids?  I think they would be much more bored on Enchantment than if they were on one of the "theme park" huge cruise ships.  Those seem to be more family targeted.  

My friends have just taken their first ever cruise with their 10yr old daughter on Enchantment 

She loved it: came first in the find the crew nationality competition; loved the dance classes, took part in the flash mob, did the cake decorating; in fact she didn’t even go to the kids clubs. She is an only child and also enjoyed being with her parents and seeing the ports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

My friends have just taken their first ever cruise with their 10yr old daughter on Enchantment 

She loved it: came first in the find the crew nationality competition; loved the dance classes, took part in the flash mob, did the cake decorating; in fact she didn’t even go to the kids clubs. She is an only child and also enjoyed being with her parents and seeing the ports.

She is most likely one of a kind, and IMHO will do very well later in life.  Smart little girl.  🙂 

Then there are the kids that have hissy fits if Mommy and Daddy don't take them to Disney World, etc.   The theme parks (and the new monster ships with theme parks on them) are what the bulk of the families seem to be going to and what RCI is targeting with those.

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just got off Enchantment last week and was also on the transatlantic in May. I found her to be in very good condition and didn’t see any “nasty” public bathrooms on either sailing.

The transatlantic had plenty to do on the sea days….and we started with 8 sea days in a row… lots of trivia, games, dance and other kinds of classes, social events, live music and bingo. I’m not familiar with the shows because I didn’t see any. Like others said there’s only one specialty restaurant but as a vegetarian it’s lost on me lol. Lunch other than WJ on sea days is in the MDR, solarium cafe and Chops. Also Cafe Lattitudes has sandwiches and desserts. All except MDR and Chops are open for lunch on port days as well. 

I was in a JS in May and the RS this month. Both rooms, even the RS, had only one US outlet. The rest are all EU but I always bring converters.

All in all a good experience both times. I’d sail Enchantment again for the right itinerary and price.  

• Thanks 1

We are sailing on the enchantment in february with 2 adults and 2 children (age 8 and 10). We have a 1030am flight out of tampa on way home. is it easy to grab a taxi or uber or lyft at the pier? i would think that would be faster than getting a RCL transfer. any advantage for of getting rcl transfer? do they let rcl transfer off ship first. I assume we will be fine if we take our luggage off ourselves and be part of the initial disembarkment and grab a taxi. any suggestions or help appreciated.

Mat

2 minutes ago, biggytaz said:

We are sailing on the enchantment in february with 2 adults and 2 children (age 8 and 10). We have a 1030am flight out of tampa on way home. is it easy to grab a taxi or uber or lyft at the pier? i would think that would be faster than getting a RCL transfer. any advantage for of getting rcl transfer? do they let rcl transfer off ship first. I assume we will be fine if we take our luggage off ourselves and be part of the initial disembarkment and grab a taxi. any suggestions or help appreciated.

Mat

Very easy to get both Uber and taxi...though I don't fly there (only 2 hour drive for us).   Always see plenty of them as soon as you walk outside.  Airport is close as well.  

I think you will be fine.