🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not very comfortable chairs for spending time gazing at the ocean.

We enjoyed our IV cabin on the edge.  It was different and made us feel like the cabin was larger.  If you are looking for fresh air, view and privacy this would be it.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We enjoyed our IV cabin on the edge.  It was different and made us feel like the cabin was larger.  If you are looking for fresh air, view and privacy this would be it.  

Along with a comfortable chair to spend some time in while enjoying the fresh air, view, and privacy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not very comfortable chairs for spending time gazing at the ocean.

You may know already that RCI has panorama cabins with floor to ceiling windows with easy chairs and a small table facing out . The windows don’t open and I don’t remember the window coverings . The cabins are larger .  I think we were on the Serenade.  Celebrity is definitely a nicer cabin . 

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yep Friday is cut down day. Love the Freedom of the. knees reference. I’m going to be working hard on rehab for our Beyond sailing. We have an aft cabin so I need to get used to walking a lot.

We had an aft cabin on Freedom too. All of the walking it made me do was definitely good for me and good for my then 6 month old replacement knees. I showed my surgeon pictures of some of the things we did like snorkeling and parasailing and he was thrilled to see that I was putting my new knees to good use. 😎

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds nice, might be time for cruise line change. 🙂

One thing I will say for Celebrity is their version of Anytime Dining works a million times better than what I’m reading the Royal experience is!  In fact, we’re booked on Bella 2 and reading people’s stories about the huge lines and the waits in the MDR for “My Time Dining” really has me worried.  If we do actually keep the booking I’m thinking I’ll need to book specialty dining.

On Celebrity I’ve never needed to make reservations in Anytime Dining and the lines are only long at 5:30 or whenever it opens.  We normally go around 6-7 and either are seated right away or are given a pager and go sit in a lounge/bar for only a few minutes.

No need to totally switch allegiance…it’s just fun to try different lines.

• Like 4

On 11/1/2023 at 12:13 AM, perfect match said:

We had an aft cabin on Freedom too. All of the walking it made me do was definitely good for me and good for my then 6 month old replacement knees. I showed my surgeon pictures of some of the things we did like snorkeling and parasailing and he was thrilled to see that I was putting my new knees to good use. 😎

Good to know. It Will interesting to see how my knee replacement responds on Beyond as my sailing will be 5 months after my surgery.

• Like 4

Great review. Going on Adv on March out of Orlando...has nicely whetted the appetite! I know you werent at some of the below, but anything you would 100% recommend from ones you might have been at!?

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic 7:00am 4:00pm
  St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 11:30am 8:00pm
  St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00am 6:00pm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Monk86 said:

Great review. Going on Adv on March out of Orlando...has nicely whetted the appetite! I know you werent at some of the below, but anything you would 100% recommend from ones you might have been at!?

For St. Thomas we went Secret Sands Beach. It was a Royal excursion but limited to small group. Secluded and clear water and great sand.

St. Croix we did the Buccaneer Beach Resort. It was also a Royal excursion.  Beautiful place and we enjoyed it very much. I gave pics and our day in this review. It was on day 4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

For St. Thomas we went Secret Sands Beach. It was a Royal excursion but limited to small group. Secluded and clear water and great sand.

St. Croix we did the Buccaneer Beach Resort. It was also a Royal excursion.  Beautiful place and we enjoyed it very much. I gave pics and our day in this review. It was on day 4.

Gentleman...thank you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monk86 said:

On St. Thomas, we love taking the water taxi over to Honeymoon Beach on Water Island.  We've also done a taxi to Coki Beach.  You can't really go wrong with most beaches on St. Thomas.

• Like 3

We loved the locals beach which is a park Lindquist or Smith Bay...not Lindberg Bay Beach but next to Sapphire Beach on the North east side of the island.  Not many people so isolated but gorgeous...not much there, but they have porta potties and picknick benches...take picnic.  We had a car so we could go a few blocks down the street to stores.  We loved it there.

Lindquist 2.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Monk86 said:

Are these places mainly beach days? As in, is there much to do in the towns?

St. Croix does not have much of a port area or downtown for shopping, food etc. that’s why we booked a beach excursion at Buccaneer Beach Resort.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

St. Croix does not have much of a port area or downtown for shopping, food etc. that’s why we booked a beach excursion at Buccaneer Beach Resort.

Unfortunately hurricane Maria and covid hit St. Croix hard. Before that, you could walk along the waterfront and enjoy a drink or how many at the bars along the shoreline. 🍻

• Like 2

Just now, doghog said:

Unfortunately hurricane Maria and covid hit St. Croix hard. Before that, you could walk along the waterfront and enjoy a drink or how many at the bars along the shoreline. 🍻

Thanks I forgot about that. We went to St. Croix for the first time after Maria so I wasn’t sure what was all there. Our first time was a catamaran sailing where the boat met us at the pier so we never saw the port or downtown area.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't recall St. Croix having that much to do in town years ago when we were there.

When we went through town on the bus to Buccaneer Beach resort, there wasn’t hardly anything. I don’t even see that many stores. Just a few restaurants/bars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks I forgot about that. We went to St. Croix for the first time after Maria so I wasn’t sure what was all there. Our first time was a catamaran sailing where the boat met us at the pier so we never saw the port or downtown area.

How are you feeling? Making your own version of a painkiller?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

Greg, sounds like you had a very productive day!  Keep up the good PT work and stay on top of the pain.  

Yes I did good. The only problem is getting a good nights sleep. Hopefully I will get it tonight. I have therapy in the morning and also getting a smaller portable catheter bag that I will wear around my leg. Still hoping I can get my appointment with urologist moved up so I can get this thing out.I’ve showed all my nurses our JVD video and now they all want to go there.

• Like 5

On 11/3/2023 at 8:41 AM, Sea Dog said:

Good to know. It Will interesting to see how my knee replacement responds on Beyond as my sailing will be 5 months after my surgery.

I’m glad to hear that your surgery is over now any you can get on with the good stuff - recovery! Hopefully you’ll have a great therapist and you will develop the habit of doing the rehab exercises you’re given.

I’m a month shy of 8 years out from my knee replacements and I still include my leg strengthening exercises as part of my regular exercise program. Knee replacements notwithstanding, it’s important to do strength training as we get older so that we’re able to keep doing all of the fun things we enjoy so much.

Use that aft cabin on Beyond as your motivation and I’m sure you will be ready to do any walking you want to on that cruise. 🛳️ 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, perfect match said:

I’m glad to hear that your surgery is over now any you can get on with the good stuff - recovery! Hopefully you’ll have a great therapist and you will develop the habit of doing the rehab exercises you’re given.

I’m a month shy of 8 years out from my knee replacements and I still include my leg strengthening exercises as part of my regular exercise program. Knee replacements notwithstanding, it’s important to do strength training as we get older so that we’re able to keep doing all of the fun things we enjoy so much.

Use that aft cabin on Beyond as your motivation and I’m sure you will be ready to do any walking you want to on that cruise. 🛳️ 

You are so right. My rehab will be life rehab in that I want to get stronger as well as exercise more so I can lose weight and get off blood pressure medication. For years I was busy at work that I didn’t have time. Now being retired I do mo have the time. So let’s do this!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You are so right. My rehab will be life rehab in that I want to get stronger as well as exercise more so I can lose weight and get off blood pressure medication. For years I was busy at work that I didn’t have time. Now being retired I do mo have the time. So let’s do this!

Great attitude. Stay self motivated.  April 2019 my wife had her right knee replaced. November 2022 she had her right shoulder replaced. April 2023 she had her left shoulder replaced. Both shoulder replacements were the reverse total shoulder replacements. Her success was a combination of great surgeons, PT (in office and home) and her being dedicated to the PT plan. And she is not a physical girl but tufted it out. No longer in pain or lingering side effects of limited mobility. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 5