Liberty of the seas

Teesa1021

11 minutes ago, Teesa1021 said:

Booked my first trip on Liberty of the seas. A 5 night Bermuda from Bayonne. Does anyone know which dinning room menus would be on a 5 night sailing? I have only been on Oasis Class. Any tips with a smaller ship?

5 day menus would be the same fleetwide. 

I enjoyed the large lounge up where the diamond and suite lounges are. Big comfy chairs. Looking forward and out. I sit up there to read during the day.

• Like 2

We are doing the same itinerary and ship in June.  We love Freedom Class (which Liberty is part of).

It is smaller than Oasis class, but so is every other ship on the planet by a good margin.  Liberty is still a big ship.

What we like:

1. Closer connection to the sea.  The deck 4 walking track is not blocked by life boats so has great spots to sit and enjoy the view.  Same as the helipad.  It is accessible on the Liberty and awesome to visit at night.  You can go to the very front of the ship
  2. Still has the nice large Royal Promenade, and we find it less busy (especially at night) than on Oasis class (especially by Sorrento's)
  3. Still has most of the same highlights:  Ice Skating shows, great theater productions, Flow rider, Putt Putt, etc.
  4. It is VERY well laid out and easy to get from point A to point B (unlike Oasis class with the carved out middle of the ship).  Voyager and Freedom classes are the best laid out ships we've ever sailed on.
  5. Excellent pool deck.
  6. Windjammer is sized better versus passenger count.  The only ships we've ever had to be held back from entering the buffet are Oasis class.  It can get slammed at peak times.

What we miss vs Oasis Class:

1. Covered Solarium
  2. Aqua Shows
  3. Central Park
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, death_star said:

It is the same as the other ships. It was welcome aboard, French,  Italian,  UK, and Caribbean. I can't remember the exact order from a couple weeks ago. 

OP, If you search on the net you can probably find photos of these...

The order is as follows:

1. Welcome Aboard
  2. Taste of France
  3. Taste of the UK
  4. Taste of the Caribbean
  5. Taste of Italy
  • Like 3

We just did this itinerary aboard the Liberty in September. Loved it!! Hire a taxi to take you from place to place. We purchased the 2 day bus and ferry pass. We used it half of one day and hired a taxi for the remaining part of our visit to Bermuda. 

Liberty is a great ship like the others have posted. We paid for the Ultimate Dining pkg. We enjoyed the specialty restaurants and getting that extra special service. We were bummed that a Playmakers wasn't aboard this ship but if we cruised again we would still get it. Chops was our favorite. We went to dinner there 3 nights. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cynt said:

We just did this itinerary aboard the Liberty in September. Loved it!! Hire a taxi to take you from place to place. We purchased the 2 day bus and ferry pass. We used it half of one day and hired a taxi for the remaining part of our visit to Bermuda. 

Liberty is a great ship like the others have posted. We paid for the Ultimate Dining pkg. We enjoyed the specialty restaurants and getting that extra special service. We were bummed that a Playmakers wasn't aboard this ship but if we cruised again we would still get it. Chops was our favorite. We went to dinner there 3 nights. 

Did the taxi stay with you the entire time, or are you saying you found a new taxi each time you were hopping from place to place?

Rough estimate of taxi cost?  We'll be a party of 6 in June, so either one large taxi or two normal ones.  Thanks.

Amazing ship and right size.

It is smaller than Oasis class, but pretty much second after that. 
5 day cruise features amazing entertainment!
The best ice show. Encore

Broadway show - Saturday night fever 

Circus de Soleil type of show: In the air

We enjoyed every second of it in May even though weather was meh for most days 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just off Liberty a bit disappointed in the WJ but that's a personal thought.

The SL Concierge Jayson was just amazing (we've experienced many but he was over and above). Emailed us day before arrival offering priority luggage for suites. A certain zone #6 at the Cape Liberty terminal. Cabins opened at 1:00pm and our luggage the just before 1:30pm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 2:13 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Did the taxi stay with you the entire time, or are you saying you found a new taxi each time you were hopping from place to place?

Rough estimate of taxi cost?  We'll be a party of 6 in June, so either one large taxi or two normal ones.  Thanks.

We hired a new taxi each time. Many of the taxis are vans so your party of 6 should be ok. I don't remember the exact cost but we didn't spend more than $30 each taxi ride, there were 4 of us. Plus the taxi drivers know so much history about the island. Our taxi from the beach back to the port gave us a whole history lesson. It was great! 

3 hours ago, cynt said:

We hired a new taxi each time. Many of the taxis are vans so your party of 6 should be ok. I don't remember the exact cost but we didn't spend more than $30 each taxi ride, there were 4 of us. Plus the taxi drivers know so much history about the island. Our taxi from the beach back to the port gave us a whole history lesson. It was great! 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 1:55 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

We are doing the same itinerary and ship in June.  We love Freedom Class (which Liberty is part of).

It is smaller than Oasis class, but so is every other ship on the planet by a good margin.  Liberty is still a big ship.

What we like:

1. Closer connection to the sea.  The deck 4 walking track is not blocked by life boats so has great spots to sit and enjoy the view.  Same as the helipad.  It is accessible on the Liberty and awesome to visit at night.  You can go to the very front of the ship
  2. Still has the nice large Royal Promenade, and we find it less busy (especially at night) than on Oasis class (especially by Sorrento's)
  3. Still has most of the same highlights:  Ice Skating shows, great theater productions, Flow rider, Putt Putt, etc.
  4. It is VERY well laid out and easy to get from point A to point B (unlike Oasis class with the carved out middle of the ship).  Voyager and Freedom classes are the best laid out ships we've ever sailed on.
  5. Excellent pool deck.
  6. Windjammer is sized better versus passenger count.  The only ships we've ever had to be held back from entering the buffet are Oasis class.  It can get slammed at peak times.

What we miss vs Oasis Class:

1. Covered Solarium
  2. Aqua Shows
  3. Central Park

We go in July and just did two Oasis cruises this year. Actually looking forward to the smaller (but not small) ship. We will miss Aqua shows and the boardwalk\playmakers. But the one thing that Oasis lacks that I can see these ships have is more views of the ocean. None of the inside venues have windows on oasis, but I can see Schooner bar and some of the other lounges, as well as Johnny rockets with water view seating, and even the MDR has huge floor to ceiling windows.  That, to me, is the biggest flaw on Oasis ships- otherwise, I love them!  

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 10:02 PM, molsonschooner said:

it wasn't that many years ago that Liberty was the largest cruise ship in the world

16 years 🙂  I sailed on one of her first few weeks in 2007 and 3 more times since.  5th time planned for next year and can't wait to see her again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We go in July and just did two Oasis cruises this year. Actually looking forward to the smaller (but not small) ship. We will miss Aqua shows and the boardwalk\playmakers. But the one thing that Oasis lacks that I can see these ships have is more views of the ocean. None of the inside venues have windows on oasis, but I can see Schooner bar and some of the other lounges, as well as Johnny rockets with water view seating, and even the MDR has huge floor to ceiling windows.  That, to me, is the biggest flaw on Oasis ships- otherwise, I love them!  

Couldn't agree more.  While I like the Oasis class for numerous reasons, to me, the biggest drawback is the connection and views to the ocean.  This is one thing the Voyager and Freedom classes excel at.

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Researcher said:

Couldn't agree more.  While I like the Oasis class for numerous reasons, to me, the biggest drawback is the connection and views to the ocean.  This is one thing the Voyager and Freedom classes excel at.

Agree, it's why I prefer the Voyager and Freedom classes.  I'll certainly sail the Oasis class or higher in the future but likely only if booking the whole family.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

We had an outstanding Bermuda cruise on Liberty last May, liked the ship and layout.

Menus were the same as others have indicated, so appears they have been consistent for the 5 night cruises.

Food and service in fixed dining were quite good.

I am going In May. How was the water temps abs weather in Bermuda that time?

18 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Agree, it's why I prefer the Voyager and Freedom classes.  I'll certainly sail the Oasis class or higher in the future but likely only if booking the whole family.  

Very interesting, looking at your signature, we've sailed identical ships.  (except swap Mariner with the two Quantum ships we've done.)  Almost all ships the same with the majority being Freedom and Voyager class.  👍    👍    👍 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Very interesting, looking at your signature, we've sailed identical ships.  (except swap Mariner with the two Quantum ships we've done.)  Almost all ships the same with the majority being Freedom and Voyager class.  👍    👍    👍 

I'd like to try Quantum class but haven't had one align right yet!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

I'd like to try Quantum class but haven't had one align right yet!

Like all classes there are the plus’s and minus’s.

Love:  

The 270 lounge

Fantastic Solarium

Lots of music and music venues 

A few new novelty experiences like iFly, Northstar and bumper cars

Reasonable connection to the sea

Don’t love:

Lack of ice rink

Smaller Promenade area 

Lack of one beautiful MDR, instead it’s chopped up into four themed MDR’s all serving the same menu.  (they fixed this with Quantum Ultra class)

Overall we would sail Quantum class again. It has enough pluses to keep us happy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Like all classes there are the plus’s and minus’s.

Love:  

The 270 lounge

Fantastic Solarium

Lots of music and music venues 

A few new novelty experiences like iFly, Northstar and bumper cars

Reasonable connection to the sea

Don’t love:

Lack of ice rink

Smaller Promenade area 

Lack of one beautiful MDR, instead it’s chopped up into four themed MDR’s all serving the same menu.  (they fixed this with Quantum Ultra class)

Overall we would sail Quantum class again. It has enough pluses to keep us happy.

Thank you!! Appreciate you sharing - I expect I’ll have a similar view should we sail but many of the positives definitely sound appealing!

• 5 weeks later...