Your favourite drinks on HAL ships

cruise101

Thought it'd be interesting to poll folks on this board for their favourite drinks (alcoholic & NON) on HAL ships.

If you know the main components of your favourite drink please list those, as it would further add to the knowledge share.

Thanks & looking forward to an interesting read.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hobar said:

Will be a HAL first timer.  Can I order off the drink menu list, such as a Vesper?

Yes.  If they have the ingredients, they will make it for you!  Lillet Blanc and vodka plus the gin seems to be the key for making a martini to a Vesper!

image.png.dba4a13fe1317a96fb84cf7aee0e7ae4.png

20 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Yes.  If they have the ingredients, they will make it for you!  Lillet Blanc and vodka plus the gin seems to be the key for making a martini to a Vesper!

image.png.dba4a13fe1317a96fb84cf7aee0e7ae4.png

Correct, although I don’t care for the lemon.  But you answered my question - that I can get a drink off the menu.  Thank you.  

Edited by Hobar

Frozen Mango Dacquiri in the Sea View Bar. Also, in the Tamarind the Emperor's something - can't recall the whole name, but have it every time in the Tamarind. Will be sailing on the Rotterdam on Sunday - looking forward to those cocktails!!

I like the grapefruit cosmo from the Billboard menu.  But I’m more often found having a top shelf bourbon on the rocks.  From the other lines I’ve been on, I’m always impressed with their American bourbon selection (and for now, remaining within the drink package limits!)

• Like 2

Slainte Margarita: Irish Whiskey, Cointreau, Lemon juice, Agave Syrup. 

There used to be a martini variant on the menu that they will still make on request. It has gin, vodka, and Grand Mariner in place of vermouth. 

Ritz cocktail from Pinnacle.Grill (have also requested and received it in MDR). Not too boozy, not too fruity, not too sweet. Cognac, triple sec, maraschino liqueur, lemon juice, prosecco. Shaken. Not stirred!

• Thanks 1