Diamond and Above Deal on some excursions at Coco Cay. Is this new?

jean87510

Our last visit to Coco Cay we had gotten a great price on the beach club.  We talked to a couple who went to the check in podium and asked about an over water cabana.  There were quite a few empty.  They got it for a 50% discount.

22 minutes ago, ATG said:

Our last visit to Coco Cay we had gotten a great price on the beach club.  We talked to a couple who went to the check in podium and asked about an over water cabana.  There were quite a few empty.  They got it for a 50% discount.

That's good to hear that it can be negotiable.  I still wouldn't do it as it's just my husband and I but maybe if we had a group of 6-8, we would think about it.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I still wouldn't do it as it's just my husband and I but maybe if we had a group of 6-8, we would think about it.

When I saw the discounted prices for my cruise in 6 days I was thinking "I wish this was an extended family cruise when we're 8 and not just me and my wife."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

That's good to hear that it can be negotiable.  I still wouldn't do it as it's just my husband and I but maybe if we had a group of 6-8, we would think about it.  

Funny, on one of Royal Facebook groups, an individual had a cabana reserved and was looking for others to join them to share in the cost.  Some in the group were interested and asked for a $ cost.  Totally forgot until this cabana cost topic came up, and don't know whether any deals were struck.

Something to consider.

Edited by nelblu

An Oasis Lagoon cabana was $383 last night for my Adventure cruise that leaves this Saturday.  That is a great price relative to the norm these days.  I think I paid $800 in 2019 while on Harmony when the Perfect Day was still exciting and new.  A friend booked one and invited me.  I'll pay the attendant's tip.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Funny, on one of Royal Facebook groups, an individual had a cabana reserved and was looking for others to join them to share in the cost.  Some in the group were interested and asked for a $ cost.  Totally forgot until this cabana cost topic came up, and don't know whether any deals were struck.

Something to consider.

It could work for some but I've been burnt in the past in sharing shore houses for myself and family/friends and also with my kids sharing places mdw at Wildwood, NJ.  Someone usually profits with this (not just Royal).  I'd be afraid someone would back out.

Edited to add my family consists of 7 plus their SO so it could work with just us.  We of course would pay but they would always offer.

Edited by jean87510

I have 3 cruises before the end of the year that stop in CocoCay.

Not one has "Diamond" (or anything) pricing.

I think that sticker shock has finally hit the cruising public, however.

Cabanas have been going for $1,300-ish for quite a while.  Apparently, people are not biting.  I see $699, $799.  Still not cheap (I got one for $499 last year).  Quite a price drop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perfect match said:

No Diamond discounts for anything at Coco Cay on our Allure cruise in April. Still 6 months out so I’m not surprised. We’ll have a wonderful day doing the free stuff. 🏖️

same with us.  We may do the waterpark because we actually like waterparks (doing the Atlantis in Nassau the day before) and price for CocoCay is pretty low now at 74.99 pp.  

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 9:45 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I have 3 cruises before the end of the year that stop in CocoCay.

Not one has "Diamond" (or anything) pricing.

I think that sticker shock has finally hit the cruising public, however.

Cabanas have been going for $1,300-ish for quite a while.  Apparently, people are not biting.  I see $699, $799.  Still not cheap (I got one for $499 last year).  Quite a price drop.

i have been hoping that people will start to refuse to pay those prices so they would come down.  The beach club is nice but to me not worth more than 100 per person

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gerig said:

i have been hoping that people will start to refuse to pay those prices so they would come down.  The beach club is nice but to me not worth more than 100 per person

I come from an area where when we go to a beach with friends and family we all put our beach chairs in a circle or we walk over to talk.  If there are little ones, we bring a stroller or tent for a nap.  I really don't understand the desire for the cabanas unless one is physically unable to get around the beach.  I also hope people are not renting these and prices come down for those interested but unwilling to get.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I really don't understand the desire for the cabanas unless one is physically unable to get around the beach.

Great service, upgraded food, comfort, shade, access to the beach club, pool, etc. OTW cabanas have a few other nice features & great views.

You’re kind of comparing apples to oranges. I spent many summers at the Jersey shore growing up & it was what you described. Beach club cabanas are a different experience than “sitting on the beach.”

Mostly playing devil’s advocate as we love CocoCay without spending anything except tips for voucher drinks but I have been treated to a cabana twice & it was a great experience both times.

People should spend whatever they want on whatever they personally deem worth it. I may not personally understand paying for an expensive car but I understand it brings them some form of happiness. Their money, their preference.

All that said, as a frugal guy who loves CocoCay for free, if you have 8 people, the lower prices from this thread seem a lot more reasonable to me than the 3-4K I’ve been seeing.

38 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Great service, upgraded food, comfort, shade, access to the beach club, pool, etc. OTW cabanas have a few other nice features & great views.

You’re kind of comparing apples to oranges. I spent many summers at the Jersey shore growing up & it was what you described. Beach club cabanas are a different experience than “sitting on the beach.”

Mostly playing devil’s advocate as we love CocoCay without spending anything except tips for voucher drinks but I have been treated to a cabana twice & it was a great experience both times.

People should spend whatever they want on whatever they personally deem worth it. I may not personally understand paying for an expensive car but I understand it brings them some form of happiness. Their money, their preference.

All that said, as a frugal guy who loves CocoCay for free, if you have 8 people, the lower prices from this thread seem a lot more reasonable to me than the 3-4K I’ve been seeing.

Yes, true, it is their vacation and their money.  Not what I would spend for a few hours on a beach especially CocoCay.  I hope the trend of this pricing continues to help others who are interested.  What I did notice was the Beach club although cheap by comparison ($169 pp) to other sailings has not really budged.  It shows me that on my sailing people want the experience of inclusiveness but for a lower price.  On my FB page people keep asking what is free on CocoCay and are sticker shocked at the cabana prices.  Coincidentally, many are from the PA, South Jersey, DE, and MD area and probably did the same thing with the lounge chairs in a giant circle with boxed wine.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 5:46 AM, jean87510 said:

same with us.  We may do the waterpark because we actually like waterparks (doing the Atlantis in Nassau the day before) and price for CocoCay is pretty low now at 74.99 pp.  

That's a reasonable price.  For my Easter Anthem sail they are going at around $165.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Coincidentally, many are from the PA, South Jersey, DE, and MD area and probably did the same thing with the lounge chairs in a giant circle with boxed wine.

I hope you assured them that there is plenty of great free stuff and that the seagulls will attack their food just like on the boardwalk. 🤣

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I hope you assured them that there is plenty of great free stuff and that the seagulls will attack their food just like on the boardwalk. 🤣

Lol.  Hopefully this crowd knows NOT to feed seagulls!!

• Like 1