Diamond and Above Deal on some excursions at Coco Cay. Is this new?

jean87510

Surprised to see this type of pricing.  Our Vision cruise is in 7 days.  Has anyone seen Diamond pricing on their sailings?

As an aside, we are doing nothing that costs extra money at CocoCay but this does look more enticing.  Plus waterpark is now at $74.99 pp.

Screenshot_20231019_052158.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just went to look and nothing even si liar and I'm D+. And prices are awful. At most 5% off very high prices. Nothing even close to anything like a sale.

Only can see excursions for one cruise tl coco cay though. No sale for me.

I'm wondering if these aren't selling.  We are there with the 4 day October 30th Allure sailing.  I'm really surprised as we have 7 days left and this just appeared this morning.  I wish Royal did these discounts on Alaska sailings.  I've never seen this and was wondering if this is new.

15 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I'm wondering if these aren't selling.  We are there with the 4 day October 30th Allure sailing.  I'm really surprised as we have 7 days left and this just appeared this morning.

Same exact experience for my 10/25 Allure cruise right before yours. Haven’t seen cabana prices that weren’t completely insane in a very long time. Mine are a bit higher than what was posted above but not that crazy if you have a party of 8 to split one with.

I've got 3 cruises booked from Bayonne with a stop at CC and not even close to the offers shown.  No mention of D and above on any of the excursions offered.  As a matter of fact the pricing is simply outrageous.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I've got 3 cruises booked from Bayonne with a stop at CC and not even close to the offers shown.  No mention of D and above on any of the excursions offered.  As a matter of fact the pricing is simply outrageous.

My Wonder cruises for March-July don't have any deals either (still cuckoo bananas prices like $3-4K), only my Allure that leaves in 6 days. Maybe they're just starting with close in sailings or it will be a last minute discount? Who knows?

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Same exact experience for my 10/25 Allure cruise right before yours. Haven’t seen cabana prices that weren’t completely insane in a very long time. Mine are a bit higher than what was posted above but not that crazy if you have a party of 8 to split one with.

I'm actually on the Vision but the Allure is with us November 1.  Prior to this the usual ridiculously inflated pricing was there.  And we just had the 4th 35% off all excursions in 2 months end yesterday.  Maybe they are trying to pacify us because of the lousy port time in Bermuda (1p Saturday to 1p Sunday with no orange ferry on weekends)?  Who knows.  I'm curious why the diamond and above discount for CocoCay.  We are back there in May but on Celebrity and the prices are the normal insanity.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I guess the Celebrity pricing is because the higher ups think that all Celebrity passengers are rich.

Rich and loyal despite cutbacks.  Many many threads on the Celebrity cc page.  Only reason we are on this 3 day Celebrity  because it was the best financial option to get rid of a non refundable $8000 cruise in the Retreat in December 2024.  The pricing for CocoCay on my upcoming May Celebrity cruise is in line with what everyone else sees.  No elite and above discounts.  The Vision cruise next Thursday looks like pre Covid and early post Covid pricing.

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

I guess the Celebrity pricing is because the higher ups think that all Celebrity passengers are rich.

I doubt it, have you seen the pricing for us lowly Royal cruisers.🤣 One of the cheaper options was the day beds and they went from $199 to $399 + tax..  Absolutely insane.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I'm wondering if these aren't selling.

Some of the CocoCay pricing for our Adventure cruise leaving Saturday was pretty heavily on sale this week for D/D+ as well, comparable to what you're seeing.  I think you're probably right.  Like most things (cruising and non-cruising alike), it looks like they're charging what they can until they have to fill it up at the end.  I think Adventure is the only ship at CocoCay on our day so they didn't have a lot of available people to sell everything out.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Good find.  I wonder if this is specific to CoCo Cay?  I just looked at our 5 night to Bermuda in June and no special pricing for Diamond and above.  We're Diamond so I assume it would show up if they did have special pricing.

I would definitely say its limited to CocoCay and I'll add in Labadee.  Even if they sell a cabana for $100 as opposed to the $2500 they wee asking that is $100 in their pocket as opposed to the shore excursions in other ports that are through outside vendors that they need to pay

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would definitely say its limited to CocoCay and I'll add in Labadee.  Even if they sell a cabana for $100 as opposed to the $2500 they wee asking that is $100 in their pocket as opposed to the shore excursions in other ports that are through outside vendors that they need to pay

Yep, this.  Even large corporations are smart enough to realize the sunk cost fallacy every once in awhile.

49 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Interesting.  I have never seen or heard of any special pricing based on C&A level.  I will have to look more closely !

Pretty sure it's brand new. I didn't notice it til today and I check stuff a lot (just for the heck of it).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Pretty sure it's brand new. I didn't notice it til today and I check stuff a lot (just for the heck of it).

I didn’t see anything offered on any my upcoming sailings but I’m going to keep my eyes peeled.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would definitely say its limited to CocoCay and I'll add in Labadee.

FWIW, I see no discounts for anything on Labadee next week for the cruise that does have the CocoCay discounts.

Doesn't mean they won't have them in the future of course, just sharing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, I see no discounts for anything on Labadee next week for the cruise that does have the CocoCay discounts.

Doesn't mean they won't have them in the future of course, just sharing.

There isn't near the number of cabanas on Labadee so they may sell at the asking price without the need for a fire sale

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I'm wondering if these aren't selling ... 

I was going to say something similar.  The only reason they'd offer discounts is if the items aren't selling at "full price".  They're trying to offer just to just SOME passengers in an attempt to get that enormous cost from the majority.  

Thing is, it's just a ridiculous amount of money to spend on upgraded seating for a couple hours.  

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Eh, people who are spending aren't always rich.  People who choose not to spend aren't all poor.  You'd think RC and Celebrity would know that.  

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I didn’t see anything offered on any my upcoming sailings but I’m going to keep my eyes peeled.

Nothing for any of mine either and not sure I am expecting to see anything even closer to the sail date as they are all holiday or new ship sailings

• Like 2

I was checking in for cruises leaving in November and December, and was smacked in the eyeballs with CocoCay cabana pricing at $1,700.  It was a spit second seeing it, and another split second thinking "gouging".

A 5% discount is actually insulting, IMO.

• Like 1