The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 24th, 2023

richwmn

Good morning.  Thanks for the daily reports @richwmn.   I used to like bologna but I am afraid it has been 50 years since I ate it the last time, too many other options these days.  A great quote by Einstein.  We have not been to Guadeloupe, I don't think it is a common stop for HA.  Pass on all three comestibles today.    Thanks for researching these for us each day.  

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports LP @JazzyV.   I hope you are getting relief with the epidural.   Prayers for everyone experiencing health issues and for their caregivers.  Prayers continuing for Baby Murphy and her family.   Prayers for the innocent people in the war zones of Israel, Ukraine and Gaza.  

It will be almost 70 today with some sun so we are heading north to get some leaf peeping in.  We had a frost Sunday night so the leaf colors should really pop with some sunlight.  Have a nice day.   Nancy 

• Like 28

Good morning. I never liked bologna but someone must. I agree with Roy @rafinmd that macaroni and hamburger should be eaten separately. I have not been to the port but would enjoy pictures.

The fact that we sit perched halfway down a steep hill with lots of rocks underground saved us yesterday. The digging machine took out all of the oil contaminated dirt and a huge dumpster took it away . They return today to replace the dirt and cover it with concrete.Fortunately the rocks contained the oil and there was no further digging required.

Bon Voyage to @aliaschief!

Happy Anniversary to Allen and Joy @Seasick Sailor!

and Happy Birthday  to @Overhead Fred!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone, last night went down to 45F, not quite as cold as some of you.  I agree with @Denise T, this is my favorite time of year and it’s the first time since I was a kid that I get to actually enjoy it all day long.  Nice collection of days, it does seem like the UN always has it’s work cut out.  Occasionally, on a cold winter’s day I will make fried bologna sandwiches smothered with sautéd onions and yellow mustard on white bread, yum!  That’s the only time that I ever have it.  I agree with the quote.  The meal sounds like a possibility and yes to the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events. Welcome home to @kazu who made it home in one piece!

• Like 25

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.

And thanks to Vanessa @JazzyVfor the Cares and Celebration List. I hope you are feeling better.

Thank you for keeping me and DH on the list.  Things are still not right here.  DH is still struggling and I am going to make a doctor’s appointment today to see what is going on.  

Thank you to the Food and Beverage Department @cat shepard Ann, for your wine expertise, Dixie @summer slope Dixie for your wealth of knowledge on libations.  And, of course, Debbie @dfish for your extensive encyclopedia of recipes.  I can’t wait to see what Hamburger with macaroni soup is.

I like the quote.

I have been to Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, and it was not a good experience.  It was the only time that we were afraid of missing the ship.  We took a taxi to the town of Ste. Anne.  The driver was supposed to come back for us and never did.  We asked shopkeepers to call a taxi for us and they refused to do so.  Finally a local lady offered to drive us back to the ship for quite a bit of money.  Having no other choice, we paid her.  Needless to say, if we ever go back to that port, we will stay on the ship.  No need for a repeat performance.

Prayers for all those on the Cares list.  

Cheers to those celebrating.

@grapau27Graham, thank you for the explanation of Diwali.  

@kazu Welcome home.

@aliaschief Bon Voyage!

@Seasick Sailor Happy Anniversary.

I hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Good morning,
The weather here is fickle. I got up in the night and turned off the heat and turned on the air conditioner. It will be warm the rest of the week and then cold again just in time for Halloween. 

I passed my stress test  with flying colors according to the cardiologist. I am sure she ordered it to appease me. I felt the last year I had no energy and had a ton of PVC’s and PAC’s.  I told her I did not want a heart attack on the Great Barrier Reef. The hardest part of the test was getting the IV. I am a horrible stick. 

I plan to get triple vaxxed today. RSV,Flu and Covid. Might as well suffer one time. Our immune systems are smart enough to handle all 3. I hope I don’t eat my words tomorrow. 

I like the quote and will be interested to see the recipes. Happy Birthday @Overhead Fred and happy cruising to the lucky ones. Prayers for care list and those suffering around the world. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a cloudy central Texas.  We finally got about 0.33 inches of rain last night, but I don't know if we got any more after we went to bed.  It is 71F and feels like 71F, but with an 11 mph wind, it could be a bitty chilly feeling outside.  The humidity is 96% with a dew point of 70F.   Our high will be 81F and there is a chance of rain this morning and thunder storms this afternoon.   On the agenda today is tackling some items on the ever growing to do list items I've been putting off for a couple of years.

I hope those who celebrate Hinu Diwali Day enjoy the day, whenever it is.  Someone else can have my bologna since I never was a fan of it.  I'll celebrate the United Nations, imperfect though they are.

Albert Einstein did not make a mistake with today's quote.

We'll pass on the meal, but the drink and wine sound like something to try.  The price for the wine is low enough so that if we don't like it, it can be used in cooking.

We have been to Point-a-Pitter, Guadeloupe, but not in this century.  Therefore, all my pictures are pre-digital.

Congratulations to Sheffield FC on the anniversary of it's founding in 1857.

Also, congratulations to the Texas Rangers on winning the AL Pennant.

@grapau27 Graham, thank you for the explanations of the various days.

@Spudd  Thanks for the pictures of from the beach.  Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.  Please feel free to join us again.

@kazu  Jacqui, welcome home have two very bad travel days.  Our condolences to you, Jose's BFF and family on the passing of his wife.

@superoma  Eva, I hope the special rose cuttings make it through the winter.

@cat shepard  Ann, thanks for reposting the Ghost Fashions.  It's much easier to read and very clever.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad the contaminated soil and rocks are gone.  Thanks for the picture of the project.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm sorry your DH is still struggling.  I hope the doctor can give you some answers and solutions.  Hang in there, and take care of yourself too.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, great news on passing the stress test with flying colors.  I hope you don't have a reaction to the shots.

343987619_175443058787486_3967222375838326170_n.thumb.jpg.e932d43fe9a21096ee4ec0d854cf95ba.jpg

356839005_995718848356065_3855169146495538231_n.jpg.dc33bf9340d5b0793f2d5019cd08a31d.jpg

358647184_853043439513941_7895496376982012327_n.jpg.4c4bedd92656d29ed76df809b61d05c7.jpg

392936819_801064061821004_4661528868516547115_n.jpg.afed48556000c30872cd729dfeaded13.jpg

392938018_24846991618233240_2725064702490485006_n.thumb.jpg.6531974a65178b3abcd42f95094f3fd8.jpg

393343188_383297607356864_8183926115241173073_n.jpg.30171a72d4f57eb4313bc8ffe9db756c.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

Yay Rangers!

Interesting collection of days. I have memories of making fried bolo sandwiches - I'll have easy onions, @Mr. Bostonwhen you fix them 🤭

Agree w/Mr Einstein but I admit to not trying new things lately, I tend to focus on the failure rather than the thrill of something new.

The meal, drink and wine all sound good. Not been to Guadalupe. 

I had no idea there was a soccer club so old.

73° headed to 82°. Hope tomorrow's rain 🌧 times appropriately so as to not interfere w/our flight.

So much work today and much packing to still do. There are some items that have not been delivered yet, so packing depends on when they arrive. I was distracted last night by game 7, but it was worth it - the Rangers will be playing in the World Series!

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

Screenshot_20231024-074009_Weather.jpg

20231023_223017.jpg

20231023_222958.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 26

There is a Hindu temple a few blocks away but I don't know what they're doing to celebrate. My family visited New York for the World's Fair in 1965 and we also toured the UN complex. In the General Assembly hall, someone asked the guide which desk Khruschev had pounded his shoe on (in 1960). She said she didn't know, because the seating changes every year.

Pass on the soup, partly because of the macaroni. I would have liked the drink an hour ago, but the service in this establishment is terrible, just terrible. (Also, the food is bad and the portions are so small.) For a red blend, maybe we'll stick with Zugibe Vineyards and have the 2020 4 Freds Red, named after the four generations of Freds in the family. I haven't been to Guadeloupe and I don't think it's in any of my current bookings.

I slept better but not well and woke up cold. It's time to put the duvet in its cover. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, you'll know that I'm still struggling with it.

puppyshirt.thumb.jpg.fd2a0de2bac65d504456a02e53ca89e8.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 6

@Cruzin Terri relieved that Jim is calmer!  Better for you both. 
@Quartzsite Cruiser wonderful news Lenda that DH can drive again!  Exciting to be looking at new RVs!  
Bon Voyage @aliaschief. I’d say it in French but I think that already is! 
@ger_77 Hoping you can stay safe through the snow!  

Will check in later on a break. 
Blessings already sent out!  
M—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

It is a balmy 52F here in mid-Michigan.  We had thunder bumpers over night.  They started about 3 minutes after I went to bed.  Of course.  But, I still slept well.  

@Overhead Fred

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.a5453df50ec682ea1d5bd4d27a86c447.jpg

@Seasick Sailor

7cdcffcb63097ea3e9f629bf99578a0b.jpg.ed6afff3ac10811fc661191fb3b64754.jpg

@kazu  Welcome home, Jacqui!  Remember, you'll be there a while and don't have to do everything today.  I am sorry to hear of the death of the DW of Jose's BFF.  As hard as it is, the blessing is that she wasn't sick and lingering in her final days, but well enough to enjoy them.  

@cruising sister  Lorraine, I'm happy to read the good results on the stress test and interested to hear how the 3 vaccines at once goes.  When Sue and I got the Covid and flu shots the pharmacist recommended putting two weeks between them.  

@smitty34877  I would hate to think of feeding your guest.   I'm glad the damage was contained and is being repaired.  But, what an ordeal!

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you are making an appointment for DH.  My DSIL is having some issues and refuses to see a doctor.  My DB won't encourage her to see one.  They don't want the diagnosis because then it is real and they have to accept it.  This way they can pretend.  It is sad to see.  

I'm pretty sure the visit with the surgeon will result in a date for surgery to repair this hernia before it gets any worse.  It does look like it has gotten bigger.  

Hamburger soup with macaroni is a meal that is economical and filling.  You can adjust the amount of macaroni in it, or just leave it out.  I would probably replace it with cauliflower or cabbage because of the carbs.  https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/hamburger-soup-with-macaroni/

hamburgersoup1.jpg.a3b506749e4e3b7a3b27bb0712a5a368.jpg

Hamburger soup reminds me of a brothy hamburger helper.   https://www.spendwithpennies.com/beef-and-macaroni-soup/

hamburgersoup2.thumb.jpg.03876d2c1afaf13a9c3161dae99a9bdf.jpg

This one is pretty basic. I'd probably use tomato paste rather than ketchup.    https://lilluna.com/beef-tomato-macaroni-soup/

hamburgersoup3.thumb.jpg.df0d04711988c9d4eb764038fb046435.jpg

From the three, I would probably go with the second one.  Feel free to customize!

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 16