Beverage package discount?

coffee59

Are there ever any beverage package promotions offered prior to embarkation?  Just the beverage package, I'm not taking about a promotion with a cruise fare. 

I have my cruise booked and am wondering if there is ever a promotion offered on the Signature Beverage Package to entice you to purchase. I know it is cheaper to purchase ahead of the cruise and is more expensive if purchased once on board. 

4 minutes ago, coffee59 said:

Are there ever any beverage package promotions offered prior to embarkation?  Just the beverage package, I'm not taking about a promotion with a cruise fare. 

I have my cruise booked and am wondering if there is ever a promotion offered on the Signature Beverage Package to entice you to purchase. I know it is cheaper to purchase ahead of the cruise and is more expensive if purchased once on board. 

None that I have ever seen.  If you want it and you didn’t take HIA, buy it pre-cruise is my best advice.

42 minutes ago, Cruisevacation2 said:

We booked a cruise for Nov.18..Eurodam ship..didn't buy anything extra..2 weeks ago, they offered Have It All, which includes Signature Drink package, for half price..$715 a person 😀 

how many days?

Edited by electro

20 minutes ago, electro said:
45 minutes ago, Cruisevacation2 said:

We booked a cruise for Nov.18..Eurodam ship..didn't buy anything extra..2 weeks ago, they offered Have It All, which includes Signature Drink package, for half price..$715 a person 😀 

how many days?

Unless @Cruisevacation2 is doing a B2B, the Eurodam's November 18 cruise is for 11 days. That makes HIA $65 per day.

49 minutes ago, Cruisevacation2 said:

We booked a cruise for Nov.18..Eurodam ship

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I am also on Eurodam's November 18 cruise. Have you discovered Cruise Critic's Roll Call area? The Roll Call for our cruise is here:

Join us if you wish.

10 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Unless @Cruisevacation2 is doing a B2B, the Eurodam's November 18 cruise is for 11 days. That makes HIA $65 per day.

Usually when HIA is offered it's been $50/day/person.  My March 2023 cruise fare dropped significantly to the point it was well worth losing HIA and perks for the lower price.  Then later I added HIA back for $50/day - still saving money over the original booking.  I haven't seen people paying $65/day/person for it, but that doesn't seem like a deal at all.

I'm on 11/18/23 Eurodam as well, but booked it eons ago with HIA built into the price...not really caring that a better deal might have been had by waiting.

Sue/WDW1972

1 hour ago, wdw1972 said:

Then later I added HIA back for $50/day - still saving money over the original booking.  I haven't seen people paying $65/day/person for it, but that doesn't seem like a deal at all.

It may be different for our Canadian neighbors. What say you @kazu?

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

HIA was much more expensive when we booked...we are Canadian...and the $65 a day is in Canadian funds...which is a great deal for internet, 2 speciality dining, $200 excursion,  and the drink package.

As Canadians we are presently paying 39 cents on the US dollar.

I'm pleased with this deal🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

It may be different for our Canadian neighbors. What say you @kazu?

If we book in Canadian dollars (which a lot of us do with the current exchange rates) then we are charged the same currency for HIA - so it was $65 per day last time I did it.  that’s actually a very FAIR exchange rate right now.  Beats the current rate by about 8 points.  In reality, it’s better for us to book that way than pay the $50 USD and then have it converted 😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I am also on Eurodam's November 18 cruise. Have you discovered Cruise Critic's Roll Call area? The Roll Call for our cruise is here:

Join us if you wish.

Hello! We are Scott&Tammy from Canada! See you aboard🙂

19 minutes ago, Cruisevacation2 said:

HIA was much more expensive when we booked...we are Canadian...and the $65 a day is in Canadian funds...which is a great deal for internet, 2 speciality dining, $200 excursion,  and the drink package.

As Canadians we are presently paying 39 cents on the US dollar.

I'm pleased with this deal🙂

I missed the Canadian aspect earlier - that does make sense.  Sounds like we both got "deals" when we did it that way 🙂

Sue/WDW1972

Is HIA generally available close to sailing date?  We have a May booking on the Noordam and I keep thinking the price will go down after final payment.  We have early booking HIA which includes crew gratuity but we’re open to giving it up if the price plummets( which can happen in order to fill an early Alaska sailing) BUT only if HIA is still being offered.  I guess it’s about crunching the numbers at the time but does anyone know when HIA goes away?

I booked using partial air miles on airmiles.ca.  Not on the HAL site. I got a great price in CAD, for an obstructed balcony.   No extras. I would definitely consider purchasing an HIA? (what does this stand for?)  

Currently priced signature bev pkg for my 6 day cruise (Rotterdam April), $55USD x 6 x 2 =$660 USD would converts to at least $890 CAD. 

30 minutes ago, Thetideishigh2021 said:

Is HIA generally available close to sailing date?  We have a May booking on the Noordam and I keep thinking the price will go down after final payment.  We have early booking HIA which includes crew gratuity but we’re open to giving it up if the price plummets( which can happen in order to fill an early Alaska sailing) BUT only if HIA is still being offered.  I guess it’s about crunching the numbers at the time but does anyone know when HIA goes away?

May, or may not be. HIA is capacity controlled. 

3 minutes ago, coffee59 said:

I booked using partial air miles on airmiles.ca.  Not on the HAL site. I got a great price in CAD, for an obstructed balcony.   No extras. I would definitely consider purchasing an HIA? (what does this stand for?)  

Currently priced signature bev pkg for my 6 day cruise (Rotterdam April), $55USD x 6 x 2 =$660 USD would converts to at least $890 CAD. 

Have It All...Internet, beverage package, 2 specialty dining meals and $200 in excursions 

3 hours ago, Cruisevacation2 said:

Have It All...Internet, beverage package, 2 specialty dining meals and $200 in excursions 

Number of specialty dinners and $s in excursions depends on the length of the cruise. Without looking it up I think it's 1/$100 up to 10 days, 2/$200 from 11-20 days, and 3/$300 over 21 days. We have the max for our 35-day Polynesian booking.

$100/day for two people sounds like a lot (especially for those long cruises!), but at $50pppd it is LESS than the Signature Beverage Plan, so everything else is gravy!