Can't change email

Help! I've just found out that the email address I created my account with is an old one that I no longer use; I always log in with my user name. However, when I try to change my email, I get a message saying my email is blocked due to too many rejected messages. Does anyone know a way around this or do I need to create a new account? Thanks!

I have the same problem and have tried many times today to change my email address on the site here with no luck. Have been a member many years and this is frustrating and get same message as in the above post! Hate to lose my account and start over!

8 minutes ago, vwgolf said:

Thanks but I see that went up six months ago. If it hasn't been fixed by now, I doubt it ever will be!

You can probably send help@cruisecritic.com an email citing your username and old email address. Explain your need to change the email on file and provide the new address.

For days I have been waiting to change my email address in anticipation of their change-over to new login credentials. Just now I received email from CC that I am now required to use that email address to log in. I absolutely do not want that address used for my security credentials and do not use it on any site for that purpose.

As they are moving forward with this change-over I assumed the problem being unable to correct an email address was resolved. A little panicked I opened CC but knowing I was still logged in so felt okay that I would be able to access my profile. Clicked on the "change" button and a not quite clear to me message popped up: "Proceed to Account Information section to update your email address."

So okay. But that logged me out and presented me with a new log in screen. Fortunately I was able to log in with my original credentials and can access this Help! forum.

From the sticky is seems this problem existed a long back as it is dated  April 4 and yet they are moving forward with requiring the an email address as the new account login security.

Email address updates are not currently working.  We will advise when they are again available.

We'll shortly be requiring you to use your email address to log in, so please check to make sure you have a current, valid email in your account today!

And in that sticky they advise they cannot change them for us manually. Not sure what I am to do now.

I was hoping hey would not continue with the change. Removing a username to replace it with an email address is counter to the "use a different username on different websites" as the better security profile. Hopefully they will get the problem with unable to change our addresses before they really do enforce the change-over.

1 hour ago, YoHoHo said:

For days I have been waiting to change my email address in anticipation of their change-over to new login credentials. Just now I received email from CC that I am now required to use that email address to log in. I absolutely do not want that address used for my security credentials and do not use it on any site for that purpose.

As they are moving forward with this change-over I assumed the problem being unable to correct an email address was resolved. A little panicked I opened CC but knowing I was still logged in so felt okay that I would be able to access my profile. Clicked on the "change" button and a not quite clear to me message popped up: "Proceed to Account Information section to update your email address."

So okay. But that logged me out and presented me with a new log in screen. Fortunately I was able to log in with my original credentials and can access this Help! forum.

From the sticky is seems this problem existed a long back as it is dated  April 4 and yet they are moving forward with requiring the an email address as the new account login security.

Email address updates are not currently working.  We will advise when they are again available.

We'll shortly be requiring you to use your email address to log in, so please check to make sure you have a current, valid email in your account today!

And in that sticky they advise they cannot change them for us manually. Not sure what I am to do now.

I was hoping hey would not continue with the change. Removing a username to replace it with an email address is counter to the "use a different username on different websites" as the better security profile. Hopefully they will get the problem with unable to change our addresses before they really do enforce the change-over.

No, it did not exist in April. That thread was originally about how to change your email address. It was updated last Monday, and the title was changed and the sections that are highlighted were added. The problem is new, not months old.

I you carefully read the notice, you are not changing your username.  you are changing your login credentials.  And also careful reading of previous posts here #7,8 explained that is was currently not working since Monday.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

No, it did not exist in April. That thread was originally about how to change your email address. It was updated last Monday, and the title was changed and the sections that are highlighted were added. The problem is new, not months old.

You can see in my screenshot the date and the red highlighted notice below the date re: email address change not working. I can see now at the bottom of that post that the "it's not working" was added recently as you say. Thank-you for that info. The April date (of the original post it seems) is confusing. If they had dated the "it's not working" addition it would have been clear.

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

I you carefully read the notice, you are not changing your username.  you are changing your login credentials.  And also careful reading of previous posts here #7,8 explained that is was currently not working since Monday.  EM

If you carefully read my post I did not say I wanted to or was trying to change my username. And I did mention  changing the login credentials (which I stand by that this is weakens my online security by now using a more common email address instead of a unique username for that login credentials).

But yes, I did not pay attention to your reply to another poster who was also confused by the date displayed at the top of the notice. Thanks for pointing it out again.

Closing this off for me, now that I know this "unable to chsnge" is a recent issue I'll just check back later so thanks for the clarifications.

What lit a fire under me was that I received an email to an address that I did not realise I had associated that address with CC and it would now be used for logging in. So I needed to get it changed immediately and hoped I was not too late with concern that an email address as part of the login credentials could be awkward to change it. Hence the rush. now it seems I can wait and ignore the email they sent for a while anyway.

2 hours ago, YoHoHo said:

... The April date (of the original post it seems) is confusing. If they had dated the "it's not working" addition it would have been clear.

@YoHoHo

The date of the addition has been added to the post. The original date of the Stickie cannot be edited. Hope this will be helpful to others reading the Stickie.

Also, to everyone else reading this thread, please note the current Announcement appearing in the upper right corner of some of the board's pages:

image.png.0847047abc1144dc5791e116f7b4f072.png

• Thanks 1

I just got back on CC after a 4-year layoff.  I had to change my email and my location. (It all went through)

I am getting an error of:

"ALERT: update your email address functionality is currently offline."

My email change went through, because I am getting emails.  What should I do?

Thanks

Larry

21 minutes ago, denims said:

I just got back on CC after a 4-year layoff.  I had to change my email and my location. (It all went through)

I am getting an error of:

"ALERT: update your email address functionality is currently offline."

My email change went through, because I am getting emails.  What should I do?

Thanks

Larry

I was able to change everything, but I am still getting the "Alert....stickie

1 minute ago, denims said:

I was able to change everything, but I am still getting the "Alert....stickie

If the "stickie" you are referring to is the same one displayed in Host Kat's screenshot above I suspect that alert is just a splash that is added to many page types (i.e. all of the threads) and not aimed at anyone in particular.

But the big takeaway is that you were able to update your address successfully and receive email to it so *maybe* the problem has been resolved but they have just not completed testing or the page designer has not yet taken down the alert. Maybe a resolution is close at hand. Congratulations at being the first.