Ascent Move Up Offer...email

hcat

We just recd a first time ever  e mail asking us if we want to make a move up offer on our Jan 2024 ASCENT cruise

. Bid suggestions are fairly low..we are not interested and are happy with our AQ class booking,  final payment already  made.

Is this something now routinely done?

Is APEX not selling well at upper levels? Seems odd for a new ship...

I think you meant ASCENT in the title…

We received an email for our 1/21 sailing. Still lots of cabins available for our sailing. The min bids for our cruise were lower than I have seen on our other E-class sailings. Sooner or later, the high prices and overall economic uncertainty of many will affect bookings …….

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

We’re on Ascent in December and got the Move Up email. They are routinely sent now. We’ve received an email for all cruises since the restart.

Our cruise is a holiday sailing where prices for our AQ cabin dropped dramatically after final payment and suggested bids for suites are high. Not interested … 

23 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I think you meant ASCENT in the title…

We received an email for our 1/21 sailing. Still lots of cabins available for our sailing. The min bids for our cruise were lower than I have seen on our other E-class sailings. Sooner or later, the high prices and overall economic uncertainty of many will affect bookings …….

mac_tlc

yes, sorry   I blew it.. too much Halloween Candy!

Trying to ask Moderator to correct!

• Like 1

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Ascent Move Up Offer...email

I am on the same Ascent cruise as the OP.  I am sailing in a solo IV which I have done many times before.  I enjoy being mid ship on deck six but have to admit a little extra storage space would be nice.  The size of the cabin itself is fine.  I received the move up offer yesterday.  A concierge IV for $100 which for single occupancy would be $200.  This is the lowest I have ever seen.  I’m tempted but will probably decline as I am worried about the assigned location of the new cabin.

We’ve received the emails for years. Keep in mind that is not a bid suggestion. Thats the minimum to even be considered. There is no guarantee you’ll win an upgrade. I’ve bid in the 75% range a few times and didn’t get the upgrade. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I almost always get the offer to upgrade when I cruise...NCL, MSC, Celebrity, Royal, etc...

IF they have capacity, why not...also, they use the bids we make to gauge the market..

Agreed. Even if there's no capacity, why not. It's insurance against late cancellations and information for sure.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We're on the 12/10 Ascent sailing.

Always put in move up bids, but never get accepted, as I always bid close to the minimum.

Was surprised to get a Sky Suite move up confirmation email today at $100 over the minimum.

Going to surprise the wife, and let her find out when we board. We have never booked anything in Suite or AQ, always veranda cabins. With 3 days at sea on this 7 day sailing the Retreat areas will be a nice perk.

• Like 7