Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

6 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@Saint Greg Did you request an invite and are you paying for this? Usually it costs over $120...not sure of the new cost since there was a price increase in the last few months. 

Yes I got on the waiting list in Sabatinis when I first boarded. It’s $110 without wine and $130 with wine. I’m not a big wine person but I’m doing with wine. That gives me the full experience and maybe an edge if it came down to me and someone else for a spot and the extra $20 makes a difference.

• Like 17

@Saint Greg Happy for you that have hit your stride with locations on the ship. I am finding your reports very informative. As I will be sailing on the Regal myself in the new year with a simiiar itinerary, I appreciate the details that you are providing.

RE-breakfast choices in the dining room. I'm curious to know if you have asked for anything "off-book".  IN particular, I am a fan of the James Beard french toast. This crunchy cornflake-crusted version was usually offered on one day as a special - but also as a regular staple on the lunch menu in the last year. From the lunch menus that I have seen posted here, it seems to have disappeared! There appears to be a standard lunch menu now that is the same every day! Is this an accurate observation on my part?

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They haven’t charged me yet. But I wonder what that $5.90 is? The only thing it could possibly be is the two waters I got last night. Are they not included in Princess plus?

IMG_6475.thumb.jpeg.d66521f2d89d3ac55fe1acb0173cd181.jpeg

They are included. You should visit GS to have them removed. Watch your account closely. Has happened on my last three cruises. 

• Like 7

@Saint Greg Thanks for your replies. Your time is greatly appreciated.

To answer your latest query - water bottles ARE included in the PLUS package. If the charge is an erroneous one, you can to to Guest Services (GS) to inform them of the unexpected charge, and they will usually reverse it without too much discussion. OR you can also go through CREW CHAT on the app to report the charge.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

One downside to covering up the sensor on the closet light. If you are using that light it will turn off every couple minutes and you have to keep turning it back on.

Seems to work differently on different Princess ships:

a) Island Princess - - When turned on by sensor, turns in 30 seconds. When turned on by switch, stays on until switch is used to turn it off.

b) Caribbean Princess -- Cannot turn on/off with a switch. When turned on by sensor, turns in 30 seconds.

c) Regal Princess: Whether turned on with switch or sensor, turns off automatically.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I just noticed they don’t have anything in the room to sign with. Not even the mini golf pencil carnival has reduced us to. Not a big deal to me because I bring my own pens..but an observation.

Pens and writing pads were removed because of Covid concerns.

You can get pen(s) at the customer service desk at no charge.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They haven’t charged me yet. But I wonder what that $5.90 is? The only thing it could possibly be is the two waters I got last night. Are they not included in Princess plus?

The $39 looks like the charge for when you ate at a specialty restraurant.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Not a big fan of the breakfast menu. I would like to see a waffle, French toast, a breakfast sandwich of some type. I don’t feel like I’m asking for anything crazy. Those are pretty standard items.

IMG_6442.jpeg

You can definitely order “off menu” - my husband is a big fan of the James Beard French Toast and Eggs Benedict are also available any time.  You can also order an omelette with any ingredients similar to the buffet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Not a big fan of the breakfast menu. I would like to see a waffle, French toast, a breakfast sandwich of some type. I don’t feel like I’m asking for anything crazy. Those are pretty standard items.

IMG_6442.jpeg

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Nope. You pretty much have to hope they put something good in that insert. 

Politely ask your waiter.  We ate at the MDR for breakfast once and were disappointed with the menu as well.  Then we noticed that the guy at the table next to us was in fact enjoying an eggs benny.  Unfortunately we had already ordered but good to know for next time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Have had this happen.

I think sometimes when they look at pics on their side, they THINK they have the right person, but not always. 

So you may have been charged for someone else's drink.

OR did you order a drink over the $15 maximum? (you should have signed if you did)

If not, go to Guest Services & they will correct it.

• Like 1

I’m excited for you getting the Chef’s Table invite. I am hoping for the same on my upcoming PC cruise, but wondered if being solo would work against me. Like you, I usually don’t have wine with dinner but would for the full CT experience. I wonder, do they factor that wine into the daily 15?

• Like 2

It’s been a very interesting review. Thank you for doing it. I thought I’d share a few things that I’ve found helpful. 
There’s an easy way to stock up your room on days you won’t hit your limit. You can use Ocean Now on the ap to order up to 4 drinks to your room at the same time. You could order 4 coronas, 4 Heinekens and they will bring them all unopened. 
You can add 4 small bottles of water as well. I will typically do a big order when it’s not prime time meal hours. 

If you want some Straight bourbon (or whatever) for the room just call room service, tell them what brand and ask for 4 straight shots No Ice. If they don’t have your brand you can walk into any bar and ask for that. They will also bring you 6-12 bottles of water when you phone. 

For room service breakfast I write in what I want on the card (watermelon, bowl of berries, omelets, pancakes,……) and I almost always get it. If I do t know what time I want it delivered I phone room service when I wake up and order it. 

When I have a package I bring a stainless steel wine thermos and have gone to the outrigger bar when it’s not busy and order my favorite wine. I pour it into the thermos and order another…repeat until full. Most of the time the bartender on day 2 will just hand me the bottle. But if not, I just refill the thermos as needed. I personally would not do this at an indoor bar or when the outdoor bar is busy. So when they first open in the morning is a good time. Some people might find this tacky but I call it having my wine whenever I want on my balcony. 

As others have said, watch your drink total and your shipboard account for erroneous charges. If you see any just send a message to Crew Chat asking for the drinks or charges to be reversed. 

Have a great sailing. I hope the weather clears up for you. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Ellipooh said:

I’m excited for you getting the Chef’s Table invite. I am hoping for the same on my upcoming PC cruise, but wondered if being solo would work against me. Like you, I usually don’t have wine with dinner but would for the full CT experience. I wonder, do they factor that wine into the daily 15?

No the wine at the chef’s table does not count as part of the 15. I’ve done many CT and I would suggest you limit your food and alcohol intake prior to this event. Last one I went to this year several people showed up clearly well into their limit and had to leave the table. They simply could not enjoy the experience.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

When I have a package I bring a stainless steel wine thermos and have gone to the outrigger bar when it’s not busy and order my favorite wine. I pour it into the thermos and order another…repeat until full. Most of the time the bartender on day 2 will just hand me the bottle. But if not, I just refill the thermos as needed. I personally would not do this at an indoor bar or when the outdoor bar is busy. So when they first open in the morning is a good time. Some people might find this tacky but I call it having my wine whenever I want on my balcony. 

This is a GREAT idea! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

No the wine at the chef’s table does not count as part of the 15. I’ve done many CT and I would suggest you limit your food and alcohol intake prior to this event. Last one I went to this year several people showed up clearly well into their limit and had to leave the table. They simply could not enjoy the experience.  

Greg is a professional.  He won't have any issues even if he already reached the 15 limit.

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, KKB said:

Have had this happen.

I think sometimes when they look at pics on their side, they THINK they have the right person, but not always. 

So you may have been charged for someone else's drink.

OR did you order a drink over the $15 maximum? (you should have signed if you did)

If not, go to Guest Services & they will correct it.

I did go over but it was for the corona at dinner which was the 8.85 I’m assuming. I did not sign.

• Like 6

I grabbed a cab to the brewery I wanted to go to. $15…up from $10 the last time I took one. He told me he knew where I was going but he didn’t. Stopped and got directions along the way…to the wrong place. I got on the internet and found it…it’s closed one day a week. Guess which one?

IMG_6493.thumb.jpeg.d12a7ef3e5793e2366e4c581b2c67951.jpeg

• Haha 15