Towels/ once a day room servicing

This will be our 1st Post Covid cruise in Dec. I will probably choose morning for the room to be cleaned. We often clean up for dinner(use towels) and we do full showers for bedtime(use towels). I won't re use towels on cruise ship (bathroom too small everyone touching my towel.

How do you or WHERE do i go to swap towels?

I will ask for EXTRA on the 1st day BUT they aren't usually replaced at the higher #, just the standard  count.

Some will say 'just call' or 'catch them in the hall'.... BUT in my experience this is NEVER the case, no one answers and not in hall when i'm around.

Any thoughts?, this will be the only aspect of once a day cleaning that will make my vacation more effort.

I've never reduced or removed tips BUT I GOTTA SAY if i spend time everyday hunting down towels ...... I MAY BECOME ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

Had no problem getting extra towels every morning after requesting on day one recently on Allure. Also saw our stateroom attendant in the hallway frequently enough to ask for anything else we would have needed.

• Like 3

I ask for extra face cloths on Day 1.  I have plenty of towels, because the set up in the cabin is always for 2 people, so it's like double towels for me, a solo. 

Also, if the cabin steward forgets, I leave a note to remind them.  

6 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

This will be our 1st Post Covid cruise in Dec. I will probably choose morning for the room to be cleaned. We often clean up for dinner(use towels) and we do full showers for bedtime(use towels). I won't re use towels on cruise ship (bathroom too small everyone touching my towel.

I will ask for EXTRA on the 1st day BUT they aren't usually replaced at the higher #, just the standard  count.

Some will say 'just call' or 'catch them in the hall'.... BUT in my experience this is NEVER the case, no one answers and not in hall when i'm around.

Any thoughts?, this will be the only aspect of once a day cleaning that will make my vacation more effort.

I've never reduced or removed tips BUT I GOTTA SAY if i spend time everyday hunting down towels ...... I MAY BECOME ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

Since the once a day service started, the cabin attendant usually leaves us (2 people) 4 towels and 4 washcloths when asking for extra.

• Like 1

Like others have stated, just ask your cabin steward for more towels. Keep in mind you may not be able to request morning service. On two of my last three cruises in the last two months the only option I had was afternoon/evening service because other cabins had already filled up the morning slots. If morning service is important to you, I would recommend hanging out in your cabin on embarkation day so you are one of the first passengers to meet your cabin steward. 

36 minutes ago, GJustice said:

There's also a QR Code/website (maybe in the app too?) via which you can request items for your stateroom if you don't see the attendant.

We had the QR code on my Vision sailing and although we didn't use it as we had a JS, you could request for items on there (we looked at it as were curious).  Another reason I don't turn off my phone on a cruise.  😁

19 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

We had the QR code on my Vision sailing and although we didn't use it as we had a JS, you could request for items on there (we looked at it as were curious).  Another reason I don't turn off my phone on a cruise.  😁

Being in a suite still gets ya 2x daily cleaning (another reason I don't bring my phone on a ship lol). 

Just completed a cruise on the Wonder. I asked the cabin steward for extra towels, he left extra towels each day.  After we took showers, we folded up the wet towels and left them on the floor in the shower so they will not be in the way. When we took another shower, we temporarily moved the wet towels out of the shower and put them back after we were done showering.

• Like 1

I won’t mention the ship, but on one of my recent sailings, when we told our stateroom attendant to stock double towels/etc, they did, but also mentioned that they would do just a towel service in the evening (just grab dirty towels and put fresh towels if we used).  We were very happy with this and tipped extra accordingly. 

18 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Like others have stated, just ask your cabin steward for more towels. Keep in mind you may not be able to request morning service. On two of my last three cruises in the last two months the only option I had was afternoon/evening service because other cabins had already filled up the morning slots. If morning service is important to you, I would recommend hanging out in your cabin on embarkation day so you are one of the first passengers to meet your cabin steward. 

Very interesting,  ty. This never dawned on me 🙂 more to over think and worry LOL 😆 

15 minutes ago, CFIGuy said:

I won’t mention the ship, but on one of my recent sailings, when we told our stateroom attendant to stock double towels/etc, they did, but also mentioned that they would do just a towel service in the evening (just grab dirty towels and put fresh towels if we used).  We were very happy with this and tipped extra accordingly. 

Excellent ty

On 11/6/2023 at 12:19 AM, newcruzer2 said:

Cabin attendant gives you a business card. Just call if you need more.

• Like 1