Ascent is On the Way

Denny01

The Ascent is now SW of the Azores heading for the Sea Lane to cross the Atlantic to the Grand Bahamas and then FLL!!

It crossed behind the Apex which was going from Gibraltar to the Azores  stop and Ascent continues SE at 16-17knots. 

Just fun to watch. Our cruise is only 4 days (plus an overnight in FLL) so will start looking at what to pack in my carry-on….even though we are driving. People always go, ‘Oh, you live in Fla, you can just zip down to catch a cruise anytime!’…..we live in the Fla Panhandle and it is ~8-9hr drive! And especially Thanksgiving Week should be lots of FUN….oh well. 

den

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I love all the excitement, but really, really miss all the nuts and bolts that one of our dear members used to provide.  She was someone who shared such pertinent information with those of us who loved knowing about the details about brand new ships...

I am also booked on here, but much later in the year.

If you’re talking about VTcruising, I agree!  Have found myself thinking of her a lot these days as we inch closer to our embarkation. 

• Like 4

Good idea, Denny01. It is nice to follow the lady as she elegantly makes her way across the ocean to her initial place of residence. For those of you who will enjoy Ascent's first two paying passenger cruises, please do so to the best of your ability. I would ask that you ensure our stateroom-to-be on the maiden voyage shows no signs of occupancy, especially from greasy Thanksgiving turkey fingers on the arm of our sofa. For those of you cruising after the maiden voyage, I can't promise anything. To all who are scheduled to enjoy her hospitality, I am sure that we will have that enjoyment in common. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

If you’re talking about VTcruising, I agree!  Have found myself thinking of her a lot these days as we inch closer to our embarkation. 

I certainly am...she was a master of E-class information🛳️

On 11/9/2023 at 7:10 PM, hcat said:

Great  thread already.   Let's keep it going!

hcat( original EDGIE)

Hi hcat, remember chatting with you and the late vtcruiser when EDGE was being built etc up until our cruise on her in August 2019. Sadly due to Covid and other issues we have yet to return to the EDGE class ships, but as we retire soon we are looking at some of the new itineraries for 2025 with interest.

Hope you are well and we can 'chat again' if we book

Us Prestos

Many of us remember Vt cruiser.. a very special lady for cruisers but also on land...left us too soon and is still missed! She was the best "go to"  for all info about  EDGE..

We are booked on ASCENT Jan 28 th,  a  big birthday cruise!  Last big one was on EDGE..Vt  was on board the  week ahead of us and left a huge happy b day bag for me! I still have the card!

Denny  and a few others will be our preview cruisers with some first hand insights..Looking forward to that.

Thank you Denny and everyone! 

• Like 3

I am new to Celebrity and will be celebrating my birthday on the Feb 4 sailing of the Ascent. I've cruised many times during the years, but wanted a special cruise experience for my birthday. Sailing in a Sunset Veranda. Love the aft views, but usually, I don't spend that much on cruise cabins. I'm a bit of a frugal cruiser. So, this is a treat for me.

The selection of the co- godmothers and the story of the co-captains makes me smile. The cruise director looks like he will be a fun addition. I enjoyed the videos of all of them telling their stories. 

Usually I plan rather active cruises with doing lots of excursions at destinations and activities on ships. But this time, I think I will be taking it slower, exploring the ship, and relaxing more. I've been to most of the ports on the itinerary so I'm not racing off the ship.  So, experiencing Celebrity, aft views, and the beautiful new Ascent is more of my focus this time.

Hoping for a nice birthday 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 experience. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, blueslily said:

I am new to Celebrity and will be celebrating my birthday on the Feb 4 sailing of the Ascent. I've cruised many times during the years, but wanted a special cruise experience for my birthday. Sailing in a Sunset Veranda. Love the aft views, but usually, I don't spend that much on cruise cabins. I'm a bit of a frugal cruiser. So, this is a treat for me.

The selection of the co- godmothers and the story of the co-captains makes me smile. The cruise director looks like he will be a fun addition. I enjoyed the videos of all of them telling their stories. 

Usually I plan rather active cruises with doing lots of excursions at destinations and activities on ships. But this time, I think I will be taking it slower, exploring the ship, and relaxing more. I've been to most of the ports on the itinerary so I'm not racing off the ship.  So, experiencing Celebrity, aft views, and the beautiful new Ascent is more of my focus this time.

You can rest assured that spending your birthday with Celebrity, as a guest of Ascent, will indeed offer the special cruise experience that you hope for. The newest, most contemporary versions of the Celebrity fleet, Edge Class presents the same X quality in a totally different presentation. Enjoy Ascent for the reasons that you expressed, exploring her ultra-modern expanse while letting her nuances come to you. You must take time to admire her from the shore. She cuts quite a striking figure of strength, confidence and welcoming anticipation of what's to come. Her entire crew, of course, represents the best and only adds to the overall pleasant acquaintance that you will come to enjoy with Celebrity.     

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

Great choice for a birthday cruise!. You will board as we disembark.

We enjoyed an SV ( deck 7 middle on EDGE)...Large stateroom with outside balc , nice size .Room for loungers.   We had .great aft views, sunrise, sunset and  night sky..all amazing!    We enjoyed the 4 mdrs..fav were Tuscan and Cyprus.

we booked AQ on Ascent this Jan,  but for 2025, we booked an SV..due ti higher prices.  All good!

7 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

You can rest assured that spending your birthday with Celebrity, as a guest of Ascent, will indeed offer the special cruise experience that you hope for. The newest, most contemporary versions of the Celebrity fleet, Edge Class presents the same X quality in a totally different presentation. Enjoy Ascent for the reasons that you expressed, exploring her ultra-modern expanse while letting her nuances come to you. You must take time to admire her from the shore. She cuts quite a striking figure of strength, confidence and welcoming anticipation of what's to come. Her entire crew, of course, represents the best and only adds to the overall pleasant acquaintance that you will come to enjoy with Celebrity.     

Thank you. So beautifully written. I appreciate your kind reply. Enjoy your day and all the cruising to come 🙂

• Like 1

We will sail on the Ascent in February.  We last cruised on Celebrity in 2010 on one of the last Mercury voyages.  We are so excited that we finally are sailing on Celebrity again!   I'm looking forward to those who sail before us with their thoughts and hopefully pictures of this ship.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, hcat said:

Great choice for a birthday cruise!. You will board as we disembark.

We enjoyed an SV ( deck 7 middle on EDGE)...Large stateroom with outside balc , nice size .Room for loungers.   We had .great aft views, sunrise, sunset and  night sky..all amazing!    We enjoyed the 4 mdrs..fav were Tuscan and Cyprus.

we booked AQ on Ascent this Jan,  but for 2025, we booked an SV..due ti higher prices.  All good!

Yes, I am really looking forward to the aft views. Will be on the 9th deck,  middle as well. The goal was to be a little higher up from Eden as some people with aft cabins had complained about noise from Eden at night (on the Beyond). I think that is an accurate memory, hahhaha. I have read so much in preparation. I'm trying to keep it all straight in my mind. 

I was hoping to sail on Ascent when both Captain brothers would be on it, but I thibk I missed that by a few weeks. But, thats totally OK. Maybe next time 😉

This is the most I've ever paid for a cruise so it will be a while before this splurge happens again. Maybe down the road I can get one of those suites. However what I have booked sounds pretty sweet to me, hahhaha. 🥳💞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

Yes, I am really looking forward to the aft views. Will be on the 9th deck,  middle as well. The goal was to be a little higher up from Eden as some people with aft cabins had complained about noise from Eden at night (on the Beyond). I think that is an accurate memory, hahhaha. I have read so much in preparation. I'm trying to keep it all straight in my mind. 

I was hoping to sail on Ascent when both Captain brothers would be on it, but I thibk I missed that by a few weeks. But, thats totally OK. Maybe next time 😉

This is the most I've ever paid for a cruise so it will be a while before this splurge happens again. Maybe down the road I can get one of those suites. However what I have booked sounds pretty sweet to me, hahhaha. 🥳💞

We will be on the Ascent on Dec 10th with the 2 captains. I asked Captain Tasos which one of them will have the final say in case a significant decision must be made and they dont agree. He said "thats easy, we'll call mom!" 

We have been on all the Edge class ships and they are just so amazing! Be warned though anyone staying in a suite, the Retreat really does spoil you. 

• Like 3

On 11/9/2023 at 5:26 AM, countess5 said:

Boarding February 11th! Hope there are some Live from prior to boarding.  

Love Edge Class!

Cheers

We will be on the 2/11 sailing as well and hoping to read some Live reports between now and then. This will be our first sailing on Celebrity and we are excited to be sailing on a new ship.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

Captains Dimitri and Tasos at the Crew Halloween Party. We will be on the Ascent Jan 21st. 

n.jpg

I've sailed with Captain Dimitri on all the Edge Class ships he captained and as a daily gym goer he seems to be also since I see him every time I'm there. He's extremely fit and is always very focused on his workout with very little if any chit chatting. Of course I will always say hello and when I do he breaks out of his more serious workout mode and become quite engaging and funny.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisv94 said:

I asked Captain Tasos which one of them will have the final say in case a significant decision must be made and they dont agree. He said "thats easy, we'll call mom!" 

ROFL 😂 Good Comment 

5 hours ago, blueslily said:

great cabin choice..

we liked SV better than the SS  we had on BEYOND with Retreat/Butler . (used  all our future cruise credits).. Preferred the 4 mdrs to Luminae..so don't feel bad with your SV!  It will be sweet!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

great cabin choice..

we liked SV better than the SS  we had on BEYOND with Retreat/Butler . (used  all our future cruise credits).. Preferred the 4 mdrs to Luminae..so don't feel bad with your SV!  It will be sweet!

Thank you! 😊 I'm excited for sure. Looking forward to trying the four included MDRs and enjoying the garden space. I really like Central Park on Royal. I also look forward to exploring and enjoying the ship venues and quiet spaces while other cruisers get off at the ports 😉

Edited by blueslily

4 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

We will be on the 2/11 sailing as well and hoping to read some Live reports between now and then. This will be our first sailing on Celebrity and we are excited to be sailing on a new ship.

You'll be boarding when I’m leaving Miami quite sad I'm sure, but excited about the next time 😃 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

I’m sure I won’t be the only one but I’ll post some when I board on 22 Nov. 

den

Is that one of the short media cruises before the official inaugural cruise? 🛳 

I'm definitley looking forward to anything folks are kind enough to share. I know it takes time away from vacationing to vlog, take and post videos and photos, and respond to social media stuff. So, I will appreciate whatever anyone chooses to share 😃

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Is that one of the short media cruises before the official inaugural cruise? 🛳 

I'm definitley looking forward to anything folks are kind enough to share. I know it takes time away from vacationing to vlog, take and post videos and photos, and respond to social media stuff. So, I will appreciate whatever anyone chooses to share 😃

It’s a 4N Thanksgiving cruise…dont know if its considered a Media cruise, but that makes sense. Ive been calling it a shakedown cruise. I dont mind whatever it is, just so Im aboard!

den 

• Like 4

Ascent is about to cruise south of Bermuda and is tracking just fine. The Apex is ahead of the Ascent and pulls into Port Everglades and Terminal 25 on the 18th. Ascent drops into Freeport on the 18th. I think it’s mainly there to wait for its scheduled time to get to Terminal 25. Ascent does enter the port on the 19th but goes to Terminal 19. 

• the Apex is at T-25 the 18th; the Reflection on the 19th; the Silhouette the 20th. After the Silhouette pulls out that afternoon, Ascent moves over to T-25 at 10pm…..and on the 22nd We get on board at 1130am!!

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1