Is paying $10 shipping for a medallion worth it?

Deep68

Hi

I have not read the entire thread as a UK resident I do not have any option to have the medallion posted to home. Will have to see what the lines are like at San Pedro next month do not mined a short wait, but as a Brit queuing is a way of life!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Not sure how that could work since you need the Medallion to get on the ship...

Not really.  Celebrity puts your cruise cards in an envelope right outside you stateroom. No reason princess couldn't do this with Medallions.  You check in, board the ship and get your Medallions.  They aren't charging a fee, having people not get them in time, lose them, etc., oh, and can give me my loyalty priority check in back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

They aren't charging a fee, having people not get them in time, lose them, etc., oh, and can give me my loyalty priority check in back.

True, but how would they then make a profit from selling people the option? 

• Haha 2

Thought I’d never do it, but I did. Paid $15 US to have 4 items delivered to my home in Canada before my Regal cruise out of Galveston. Let’s see if I get it- I frequently get the neighbour’s mail.

57 minutes ago, cha4244 said:

In Seattle for Discovery the wait for the medallions was 30 seconds.  It could be different in other ports.  

It sure was and if it continues in Dec, I might be forced to spent the extra $$ as much as I didn't think it was worth the money. 

• Like 1

To reiterate, $10 is a small amount of money but, to me, having the Medallion pre cruise has no value versus the concern of whether it would be shipped in time, lost in shipping etc. (One person did point out that you can pick it up at the port if it is lost)

Recently in Hawaii there were two lines to get into the building, a quick one for Medallion holders and a wait to check passport for non-holders. Inside there was just one long line, regardless of status or Medallion. I think this might have been due to the need to check Aus and NZ visas.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 3:46 PM, DCThunder said:

Picked mine up in Southampton this summer and as said up thread, the "delay" was 2 minutes or less.  Am picking up in Civitavecchia next week, and I expect the same.

I have a cruise leaving from Southampton in 2024 and when I try to have the medallion sent to me in Texas through my app, it says it's not available for shipping and picking up at the port is my only option.  Is this normal??

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

Must have missed that. We didn't start cruising until 2011. (It took my wife 20 years to talk me into a cruise...)

It was a post pandemic cruise.  For the life of me I can't remember if it was Carnival or RCI.

On 12/4/2023 at 5:41 PM, texswamper said:

I have a cruise leaving from Southampton in 2024 and when I try to have the medallion sent to me in Texas through my app, it says it's not available for shipping and picking up at the port is my only option.  Is this normal??

Very efficient when we sailed from Southampton in September. 1 queue but if Platinum, elite or suites you get priority (save about 2 minutes). Time from arriving (valet Parking), dropping luggage with porters (no tipping) getting medallion, check in, passport control and security to onboard - 30 minutes

Neil

• Thanks 2