TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

1 minute ago, BohJang said:

We did self assist at 8:00. Snagged a wheelchair guy for Roger & we were thru line & customs in no time. Much better than expected. 

@TxTeach79loved following your review from the ship. It was great meeting you. Safe travels home. Hope our paths cross again someday

I was hoping Mr. BohJang came through again for y’all this morning!!! Glad it went well! 

had a blast meeting all of ya! I’ll see you on the other thread soon - safe travels!

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Out by 8am! In line by Wheelhouse Bar at 7:10, ship cleared at 7:35, through customs and at rideshare by 8. Now to try and get an Uber

IMG_1600.thumb.jpeg.ba6e49f32d1b640ec7efc1ac660d9deb.jpeg

IMG_1601.thumb.png.a99aa66c067fe6677ac3676373e8e9eb.png

IMG_1602.thumb.png.359fb4ddc8ea1da75f9b71b82446ae8b.png

Lol what's with the "Easter is one of the busiest days in Europe" message. Very random since it's not easter and you're not in Europe

Edited by bethfelk
  • Haha 3

I really enjoyed your review, yours and @Saint Greg were so different and so much more entertaining than the usual ones on here and I followed along every day with anticipation. I hate to say it, but newbies on this board might conclude that everyone on Princess only travel in suites or reserve class and only drink high end wines. 
Of course, nothing can be further from the truth and as you mentioned in an earlier post, Carnival and Princess are probably more alike than different. Our close friends are Platinum on Carnival and have been trying for years to get us to try it. 
I come from a family of teachers ~ my mother retired in her seventies, but then continued to volunteer into her nineties. My son has followed in her footsteps. She taught middle school and so does my son. I think you have to be a little bit of a masochist to teach that age, but y'all gain my mad respect. 
Please do come on here when you post a link to your next review on Carnival ~ I'll definitely follow along!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

dumb new to Royal class guy here…. Are the post Regal ships that different than the first two?

Well, not that much, but our favorite area is the retreat pool which on the newer ships they put cabins outside and makes that area sit down in a hole, which ruined the ambiance of the space, for us anyway.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Well, not that much, but our favorite area is the retreat pool which on the newer ships they put cabins outside and makes that area sit down in a hole, which ruined the ambiance of the space, for us anyway.

I agree with you. I do like the pool in the Sanctuary on the new ships though, and the 360 experience. 

• Like 3

Just went back and looked at your embarkation bc that's the only part I'm worried about, after getting through the security and green lane did you have to sit and wait or did you walk right on? Can't tell from your pictures. On Ruby last year we got through security and green lane quickly but then had to sit for a long time before boarding

4 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

Just went back and looked at your embarkation bc that's the only part I'm worried about, after getting through the security and green lane did you have to sit and wait or did you walk right on? Can't tell from your pictures. On Ruby last year we got through security and green lane quickly but then had to sit for a long time before boarding

Boarding is all based on the readiness of the ship.  Could be anywhere from 10:30 to 1pm generally before they start boarding.