Black Friday sales for excursions etc

Lena11033

Not exactly the same... but some excursion deals are pretty good on RCL.  Their "Deadliest Catch" excursion in AK is normally about $250.  Just booked for less than $200.  I'll take those dollars.  🙂  

Yes, I know, RCL vs Celebrity.  But I'm not booking any excursion on Celebrity, but took the info about Celebrity's sale and checked over on RCL.

Sorry to jump your thread.

4 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Sorry if I missed another topic but earlier today my planner didn't have discounts and now my excursions are showing up to 50% off, drink packages are 45% off and wifi showing 50% off

Thanks for the heads up...I just booked two excursions for my April 10 day caribbean cruise, one at 50% off and one at 40% off and saved 244 bucks. That's my kind of savings, enough to pay for another excursion.

5 minutes ago, rcrabb1513 said:

The discounts must be on select sailings.  Our cruise in August , 2024 shows excursion discounts ranging from 5% to 15%, i.e. the typical precruise discounts.

My September, 2024 is showing discounts up to 50% off.  I wish I knew how long this Black Friday deal will last.

I just rebooked 4 excursions and premium wifi at 50% off.  I previously booked the other 2 excursions for 45% off.  I have also upgraded our room twice when the prices dropped - V2 to V1 to DV.  I think the drops are over, but who knows?  I have some OBC to help with gratuities.  We're all set for October!

I have a B2B sailing coming up on Eclipse, December 23-Jan 6, and Jan 6-Jan 20...

The first one does not have any Black Friday discounts on the excursions, but the second one does.

On the second one, some excursions have 30%, others 50%... I managed to rebook my excursions and save $700 (!).

7 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Sorry if I missed another topic but earlier today my planner didn't have discounts and now my excursions are showing up to 50% off, drink packages are 45% off and wifi showing 50% off

Thanks for the info! I had checked yesterday and the prices were the same, but today significantly discounted.

Like others, my April cruise on the Apex has the Black Friday discounts, my September cruise on the Eclipse does not. But I'll keep checking...you never know with their website updates...

I was looking at excursions yesterday and was pleasantly surprised today!! Glad I waited...

Edited by dlh015

FWIW, I booked a Cinque Terre excursion at 35% off a few months ago.  It's now 45% off, so I priced things out.  The cost would be about $70 higher even though it's now 10% "cheaper" according to the current sale.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

I was pretty pleased with how much I saved on excursions for my Sept Med cruise by canceling and rebooking during the September flash sale. Now some are a bit less, like the difference between 45% and 50% off.  But others are the same and a couple are more.  I want all my excursions (don’t want to risk glitches or them selling out while I am canceling), and I’m satisfied with the Sept price, so I’m done with the canceling and rebooking as the savings isn’t significant.   Except for the wi-fi - today’s sale was worth canceling and re-booking.

I suppose tomorrow’s sale could be better.  This is like trying to time the stock market. I’m not crazy about this dynamic pricing or whatever it can be called, but it must work for Celebrity.   I love the itinerary, and I’m looking forward to being on Celebrity, but this pricing craziness (on excursions and other extras, not fares as the mainstream lines all seem to do that) will have me checking other lines first in the future. 

29 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Celebrity math with how they are picking cruises because my Dec 2024 one  had a sale.

Well, I wanted to upgrade our Wi-fi to premium, two devices.  For half the price of the prem, two devices upgrade I got the Celebrity X-Pass.  The pass includes the wi-fi upgrade along with a few other perks. 

More Celebrity maths....  🤷‍♂️

We are trying to use our ship board credit of $250 to pay for a drink package$97, celebrity site  says it’s been applied, but still wants our credit card for payment. Anybody know if that is just a back up? We usually used SBC to cover prior to cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwichick62 said:

Well, I wanted to upgrade our Wi-fi to premium, two devices.  For half the price of the prem, two devices upgrade I got the Celebrity X-Pass.  The pass includes the wi-fi upgrade along with a few other perks. 

More Celebrity maths....  🤷‍♂️

I was very curious about this because in the Wi-Fi section, they are selling "X Pass - Always Upgrade Basic Wi-Fi to Celebrity Pass Premium Wi-Fi for $10.99/day. And there's a blurb about Celebrity Pass and all of the extras (upgraded wi-fi for 2 devices, priority boarding, welcome lunch, waived room service fee...). And on the VIP Passes tab they are selling the X Pass/Celebrity Pass for $38.99/day. Did you get anything in your confirmation that confirms you have the whole X Pass and not just upgraded wi-fi?

1 hour ago, CardowMD said:

We are trying to use our ship board credit of $250 to pay for a drink package$97, celebrity site  says it’s been applied, but still wants our credit card for payment. Anybody know if that is just a back up? We usually used SBC to cover prior to cruise.

I seem to remember the same thing (using OBC that covered it all), entering the cc because I figured I could cancel it, and then it just entered zero as the charged amount. Not guaranteeing this, but it might be worth a try.