Black Friday Sales

sdear

Per usual, getting emails that say the black friday sales are on now.   No difference in what i am looking for.   Can anyone tell me will the sales get better on the actual black friday?  I dont recall in the past.  

Thanks !

• Like 1

Just now, mets123 said:

Excursions and lunch options are at reduced prices. Don't know what you are looking for.

Specifically looking for the dining plus one, but the "sale" price has been the same for months.

18 minutes ago, sdear said:

Specifically looking for the dining plus one, but the "sale" price has been the same for months.

That one rarely, if ever, changes or at least hasn't in recent memory. I am also not seeing it offered at all on a couple of my sailings.  The current Black Friday sale IS the Black Friday sale and runs through Black Friday.  They just started in incredibly early compared to past years. I know on many of my upcoming sailings things are now show as sold out so their plan worked (things like excursions and The Key).  

• Like 1

The Black Friday sale seems to only touch lunches and Unlimited Dining.  The C&A discount they had a couple weeks ago on individual dinner reservations is better than what is offered now.  I too have never seen the minor dining package (3 day in the case of my reservation) ever go on sale below the standard pre-cruise discount.

Edited by timf2001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, timf2001 said:

The Black Friday sale seems to only touch lunches and Unlimited Dining.  The C&A discount they had a couple weeks ago on individual dinner reservations is better than what is offered now.  I too have never seen the minor dining package (3 day in the case of my reservation) ever go on sale below the standard pre-cruise discount.

I booked a bunch of excursions for 30% off, one was only 25% off .. which is now 20% off. Could only book thru dec 2024 or I'd have booked more. Every year since covid excursions are on their best sale of the year. I wait for this sale to book excursions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timf2001 said:

The Black Friday sale seems to only touch lunches and Unlimited Dining. 

Seeing large Black Friday discounts on internet packages with three or four devices. I saved $140 vs. price before the sale for four devices. For many people the fourth device is only a dollar or two more per day than the third device. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sdear said:

Per usual, getting emails that say the black friday sales are on now.   No difference in what i am looking for.   Can anyone tell me will the sales get better on the actual black friday?  I dont recall in the past.  

Thanks !

What I found as true sales have been internet with multiple devices, lunches at SR, soda and refreshments packages.  The dinner sales on SR occurred during Int'l Pasta Day and Halloween.

I get e-mails with Black Friday sales but any mock booking on sails that I have done, I don't see any type of sales and or specials.  Has anyone come across any?

• Like 1

What I see here doesn't line up with what I see offered for my upcoming cruises; thus, I'm forced to believe they're not offering the same deals for every sailing.  This would make sense, given that they charge different prices for, say, the drink package -- newer, larger ships tend to cost more.  

My family and I found several things we wanted to purchase during the Black Friday sales.  This hasn't been true for the past few years, so I was pleasantly surprised.  

Oh, and one of the items I purchased INCREASED IN PRICE, so if you see something you want, buy it now!  You can always cancel and/or rebook.  

• Like 1

The sales have to be influenced by availability and ship sale date.  There is a challenge of setting somethings so low ahead of time, having it sell out 6+ months ahead.  Then someone booking a cruise that is 6 months away signs into the cruise planner for the first time and everything is unavailable.  

This board tends to have individuals that will book 1-2 years ahead, general population either can't or prefer not to commit that far out.

I would like to see prices drop as cruise nears and availability remains high and have seen mixed reports on that.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, I have a cruise in less than 30 days.  Just today some Cococay Cabanas have dropped in price, no indication of a sale just the price is lower than what it was yesterday.  I believe it went from $999 to $799. Bed prices which has availability has not changed.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

Speaking of which, I have a cruise in less than 30 days.  Just today some Cococay Cabanas have dropped in price, no indication of a sale just the price is lower than what it was yesterday.  I believe it went from $999 to $799. Bed prices which has availability has not changed.

oh gosh quick grab it a $799 is such a great deal  or  NOT.  I mean I like the free pool and walking around the island.  

• Like 1

Got some good discounts from the Black Friday sale for Sep 14 Icon sailing. Basing it on prices from back in August/September:

Coffee Card at $12.99 vs $31

Excursion Isla Pasion at $54.99 vs $66.99

Excursion Chacchoben and Bacalar at $138.99 vs $168.99

Hooked lunch at $14.99 vs $24.99

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chinesefirethorn said:

Got some good discounts from the Black Friday sale for Sep 14 Icon sailing. Basing it on prices from back in August/September:

Coffee Card at $12.99 vs $31

Excursion Isla Pasion at $54.99 vs $66.99

Excursion Chacchoben and Bacalar at $138.99 vs $168.99

Hooked lunch at $14.99 vs $24.99

I booked the same except I call it the twister boat. Isla passion. Cozumel right. I think I got it 25% off, though now its 20% off when I look. Wasnt fast enough maybe or never was 30% off.

That's a really good price for hooked lunch. I'd have grabbed it too. I'd rather hooked than Jamie's I booked at that same price. 

Welcome to cc. Imo more accurate information here imo than elsewhere and also more veteran cruisers complaining. 

• Like 1