Use of packages on disembarkation morning

Cruise Raider

I have always been able to use my package on the last morning of the cruise in the past.  I recently was on the Discovery Princess and had a wonderful B2B cruise.  But, I noticed something odd that I thought was just charged in error, now I’m not sos sure.  
On the turnaround day between our 1st and 2nd legs of our cruise, we had two specialty coffees and two mimosas between the two of us.  We had a charge of $30+ on our folio.  I went to the front desk and they removed the charges.  
We each had a cup of specialty coffee on our final disembarkation morning and saw that we were charged for the coffees.  It’s not that big of a deal, I just thought the packages remained in effect until you disembarked.  I know they run from 6 AM to 6 AM for a 24 hr period but, of course, we can’t use any of this on the very first morning of the cruise.  I did order my coffees around 7:30 AM that morning.  
Anyway, I asked the question in the post cruise section on the website and they are refunding my $10 for the coffees.  More than that though, I’d like to know if the packages shut down on the last night of the cruise or if they remain in effect until you disembark.  I get they don’t want people to linger on the ship enjoying a coffee or mimosa on that last morning.  Just curious if anyone else has experienced this or if it was a one off?  

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I have always been able to use my package on the last morning of the cruise in the past.  I recently was on the Discovery Princess and had a wonderful B2B cruise.  But, I noticed something odd that I thought was just charged in error, now I’m not sos sure.  
On the turnaround day between our 1st and 2nd legs of our cruise, we had two specialty coffees and two mimosas between the two of us.  We had a charge of $30+ on our folio.  I went to the front desk and they removed the charges.  
We each had a cup of specialty coffee on our final disembarkation morning and saw that we were charged for the coffees.  It’s not that big of a deal, I just thought the packages remained in effect until you disembarked.  I know they run from 6 AM to 6 AM for a 24 hr period but, of course, we can’t use any of this on the very first morning of the cruise.  I did order my coffees around 7:30 AM that morning.  
Anyway, I asked the question in the post cruise section on the website and they are refunding my $10 for the coffees.  More than that though, I’d like to know if the packages shut down on the last night of the cruise or if they remain in effect until you disembark.  I get they don’t want people to linger on the ship enjoying a coffee or mimosa on that last morning.  Just curious if anyone else has experienced this or if it was a one off?  

Curiouser and curiouser!

• Like 1

Princess:  We used to tell you that it's more than a cruise - it's the Love Boat.  We used to want you to Escape Completely.  Then we wanted you to Come Back New.  There is always something Exciting and New.  Now we want you to Love This Boat.

But, through all these changes you can rest assured that we will always be Consistently Inconsistent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not recent but last January on Regal - charged for hot chocolate "no alcohol" at international Cafe (our debarkation station) when printed our final bill at the machine-line at reception desk was 50+ deep so decided it wasn't worth waiting to fix had a flight to catch. Called about the added cost the day after we got home- it was refunded and showed up in check we got 2weeks later - did onboard account in cash. 

• Like 1

Princess really needs to adjust their program to cut off at a later hour on disembarkation/turn around morning. Maybe it should be around 10am. This should be an easy program change. Those with the Plus/Premier fares are paying on boarding day for 6am until they board around noon. So it only is common sense, which Princess seems to lack when it comes to programing, that on disembarkation/turn around day you should get the missing time back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1