Eden has certainly fallen from Grace 😂

Waterluv

I’m certain there is a perfectly good reason Eden specialty restaurant is showing as $77.99 pp  in the cruise planner for our April cruise on the Beyond. Please note it also shows as Black Friday sale price 🥹😝. It’s after 5pm but Celebrity has been drinking all day long 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eden was more expensive on our 10 day Oct 20 cruise than on our 14 day Oct 30 Transatlantic cruise. Go figure.  I also don't think it's all that it's built up to be.  It might be very pretty, but personally I think the Steak Restaurant is the best.  Much better service too.

• Like 3

I love Eden, ate there three time on my last Edge class cruise but $77.99 is giving me pause. My next Edge class cruise isn't until next October so there plenty of time for a decent flash sale. If it doesn't go on sale then I will reduce the number of times I go there.

• Like 2

For my February Beyond sailing, it is now showing in the app for $85, with a huge sale markdown to $77.99. We booked it during one of the previous sailings for around $45.

Coupled with the removal of any OBC with suite bookings, I guess my upcoming two reservations will be my last.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

For my February Beyond sailing, it is now showing in the app for $85, with a huge sale markdown to $77.99. We booked it during one of the previous sailings for around $45.

Coupled with the removal of any OBC with suite bookings, I guess my upcoming two reservations will be my last.

mac_tlc

I’d only pay $85 for Eden if it came with a wine pairing.  Is this another attempt to get new cruisers to book for $85 then it goes on sale later for $45 again?  When people aren’t paying attention?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Same here.  I love Celebrity, but not to the point where I will allow myself to be taken advantage of.  

• Like 13

Cruise lines will continue to raise prices and reduce services/quality until there is sufficient customer pushback.  So far, there are enough customers willing to go along with these changes, so they are likely to continue.  It's even begun to creep into the luxury market.  I'm seeing some complaints on the Regent board about a decline in food quality.  The industry is certainly suffering from long Covid, and I'm afraid the condition has become chronic.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kirbykins said:

Same here.  I love Celebrity, but not to the point where I will allow myself to be taken advantage of.  

Totally agree. Celebrity prices are not cheap so to add this on top of service charges is what we call asking for silly money.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

But the Premium Bev Package is down to $49.99, which I think is a great deal.

It's $54.99 + 20% for my next sailing (so basically $66). Add in wifi at 14.99, and you are at $80 pp/pd. That gets you Princess Premier, with beverages up to $20, 4 wifi lines pp, gratuities, a couple specialty dinners, some OBC thrown in, with some other fluff stuff. They are really losing the value game vs their competition right now (Princess and HAL) for those looking for beverage packages and wifi. 

• Like 2

Celebrity is certainly taking a whatever the traffic will bear approach to Specialty Restaurant as opposed to a cost +  approach for instance.  Price it high and snag as many as you can and then lower the enough to keep

restaurant capacity and profitability high.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

For me it's $77.99+ but my next APEX cruise isn't for 11 months so plenty of time to wait for a decent flash sale. 

Also ample time for Celebrity to jack up the price again.   Additionally not interested in having dinner at 8 PM or later because the more desirable times are booked or someone else has more priority, more pull or tipped the Maître d'. 

• Like 1

I just pulled out our folio to see what we paid. October 25,2023 on the Beyond. This was NOT with pairing.  It also included our 15% Elute Plus discount, no drinks, we had the Premium package. Total bill was $173.40 (no extra tip). Not worth it. We had better meals in Italy with better service, better food, and better service.  Don’t get me wrong. We do like Celebrity, but don’t get the hype of Eden.  

On 11/17/2023 at 7:31 PM, Waterluv said:

I’m certain there is a perfectly good reason Eden specialty restaurant is showing as $77.99 pp  in the cruise planner for our April cruise on the Beyond. Please note it also shows as Black Friday sale price 🥹😝. It’s after 5pm but Celebrity has been drinking all day long 🤣

No doubt in my mind about X consuming alcohol all day long!  That is insane!

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 8:34 PM, blueslily said:

Same price for my February Ascent price. The price increase happened a few days ago. 

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We were in Eden a week ago and didn’t feel it was worth the $54 pp including tip we paid when we booked during a flash sale.  We would not go again at $54 much less $78 +tip.

We were in Eden a week ago and didn’t feel it was worth the $54 pp including tip we paid when we booked during a flash sale.  We would not go again at $54 much less $78 +tip.

Wow!  Does X believe there is still that much disposable income during these inflationary times?🤨

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SusieAV8R said:

Wow!  Does X believe there is still that much disposable income during these inflationary times?🤨

To Celebrity, and all the other lines that have indeed increased prices as well, I guess cruising itself is a sign of disposable income. So, they are just assessing how much income folks are willing to spend while cruising. Must be a lot because ships are indeed selling quite full and folks are booked out into 2024 and even 2025. And, based on reports fr9m thr lines, folks are indeed spending quite a bit on thr extra stuff, not just cruise fares. Wow. Just wow. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Do they still have the strange entertainment?

I've heard they've toned it down a bit. When it first started, it was this strange cringe-worthy performance art. That's when we stopped going on Celebrity. It was clear to us the Edge Class was geared towards suites and millennials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1