Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

For any of you techies-   Been having a strange issue with my new iPhone 15 Pro Max and CC.    About 10% of my photo's when I upload show up as a big black picture.   I have to go in and take a Screen shot of the photo and then crop -  when I post the screen shot it posts perfect.  

Jim,

Check the size and format that the camera is storing the pictures in.  I have seen something similar when the files were larger than normal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Your story with Iain is incredible! Thank you for sharing such a personal experience! Congratulations on so many years together! Our son and his husband have been together 11 years so they have quite a way to go still!

It is incredible how many long term Same Sex Couples we know.   Back in the 80's I had a psychologist tell me Gay's were incapable of having long term relationships.  That was also published in a book called The Gay Couple.    I'm sure glad to prove that theory wrong. 

All too often they try to paint the whole world with bid brushes.  

Our friends, David and Robert, who are flying in from Sydney this afternoon have been together for 35 (but they did take a 1 year time out in early relationship).   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KKB said:

Isn't that the truth! (especially w/ lots of travel to plan & enjoy😉)

Love following you along on your journey together--we had looked that that mini-"world cruise" on the Edge (the B2B2B2B)--another time!

Until then, living vicariously through you (and @Norwaylady for the 1st 2 legs)

I'm interested to see how we experience Retreat and Edge in comparison to @Norwaylady.    I can understand some of her concerns about her first SS experience.   I have a feeling the elimination of dedicated butlers in the Sky Suites is going to be addressed over time --- or it may just be the new norm.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is incredible how many long term Same Sex Couples we know.   Back in the 80's I had a psychologist tell me Gay's were incapable of having long term relationships.  That was also published in a book called The Gay Couple.    I'm sure glad to prove that theory wrong. 

All too often they try to paint the whole world with bid brushes.  

Our friends, David and Robert, who are flying in from Sydney this afternoon have been together for 35 (but they did take a 1 year time out in early relationship).   

Stuff like that really annoys me, same sex couples go back forever if you look into history. 

I was going to write some other things but I don't think I'd articulate my opinions that well. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

Oh, what a delightful way to travel! This looks so much more comfortable than the Delta Premium Plus upright seats that DH & I were supposed to sit/sleep in on our JFK-Rome flight for our cancelled TA.

I teared up as I read how you and Iain found one another, then again as I shared your story with Mark. How absolutely wonderful that your third time was the charm for the two of you. Mark's was the 3rd marriage proposal I'd received, and after saying no two times, I knew he was the keeper!

Kay

It sometimes hard work to find that perfect person.   I definitely count myself luck. 

My father on the other had was always searching.  He was adopted and I have a feeling he was always trying to find love but didn't know it when he had it.   He had 6 wives (Mom was 1 and 3) and was more into trophy wives and never did find love.

My favorite was his 5th -  she was 5 years older than me and we still chat via Facebook on a weekly basis.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Loved hearing the story of you and Iain!  Congratuations to you both.  I happened to be in San Francisco and went home the day before the Loma Prieta Quake.  I had a client who had just crossed the Bay Bridge prior to the quake.  The only good thing to come from that quake is that San Francisco got rid of that dreadful freeway by the bay.

That was certainly  a day to remember.   The Embarcadaro Freeway was a boon for those on the other side.   The values of those properties went up 10X with a freeway view changing to an unobstructed view of the bay.

43 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Jim, i have to agree it is a very touching story and I am so happy for you and Iain. Hope someday to meet you both only missing you in Australia by a couple of weeks.

Terry -- same here.   Our days will one day pass.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ok the obligatory Hotel photos. Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road

Jim, I stayed at that same hotel for 4-5 months last year while on business trip. The Andaz across the street is part of a complex where many multi-national corporations have an office in that same building and for short stays, my colleagues stay at the Andaz and for long term stays, they book us at the Pan Pacific.

There is a great Japanese spot (sushi, izakaya, etc) down the street called Omu Nomu Craft Sake and Raw Bar. They serve lunch and dinner and amazing list of craft sake bottles they import from Japan every week. You should try that place out if you have time.

Also, I highly recommend lunch at the SKAI (top floor of the Swissotel), which is 15-20 minute walk from the Pan Pacific. Amazing panoramic view (higher than Marina Bay Sands) and really great pre-fixe lunch menu and cocktails

29 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,

Check the size and format that the camera is storing the pictures in.  I have seen something similar when the files were larger than normal.

Good clue.   It is by default saving in HFIC and 24MP.     Initially I just changed to Most Compatible.    If that doesn’t work will chant 24MP to 12Mp

IMG_0380.thumb.png.8b5599330ead9ce4ecf833d0fb03467e.png

• Like 3

Jim & Iain  --  Wishing you an Amazing time in Singapore & Wow what a cruise!

We truly enjoyed our time in Singapore & stayed @ Royal Plaza on Scotts, both times pre C-19...

Looking at some future cruises in that area 🙂 

Johnny's spent much time in Australia & I've spent time in New Zealand - we'd like to do a land trip to both countries @ this point, it will most likely have to wait until I retire to do the trip justice.

Of course, we a envision cruise either to travel to that side of the world or return.

As always, Thanks for a Wonderful Live Review!

Cheers from Talkeetna - Von

Edited by Von & John

What a beautiful story of you and Iain!  So sorry about your losses and what your ex wife did when she found out.  So happy that in this lifetime you two can share your love openly, be married  and be together.  So great for the love of travel you both have!  

Your flight sounded amazing!  Can’t wait to hear the rest of the adventure!  
 Bonnie

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cap_D said:

@Jim_Iain what site do you use for airline price tracking?  Somewhere pages ago you mentioned your strategy.  

Many thanks already, for such a wonderful thread.  Best to you and Iain.  

I use Flights.Google.Com    the do not sell so sure it isn't a violation of CC terms.  

After a search there is a button to track the search.  

• Like 3

Singapore -  11/22/2023

I awoke really early (4:30 and got up).    Don't you love jet lag.    Our strategy is stay away until 10 PM tonight in hope of shifting to Singapore Time. 

It should be easy (fingers crossed).   David and Robert arrive from Sydney around 3:30 and with a +3 timezone shift I'm sure won't be up to a late night. 

We will have our first Time Zone Change on the cruise either the first or second night out as Bali is +1.

• Like 4

We sat around sipping coffee this morning (tea for Iain).   We need to pick up some more things at the Grocery so took of for Bugis Center.    It is only about 1/3 of a mile away but with all the construction it can be a challenge

. From the Sunrise picture you can see the construction 🚧.   Bugis Center is among the high rise buildings. 

IMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.ae5e6f5dee01b22c6031c9f322c300ca.jpeg

All the roads we use to take are gone.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 5

Off we go.   Made sure I had on shorts and a performance TShirt.   Temps are 88 F. and 84% humidity.  

IMG_0416.thumb.jpeg.180fce2c274372f45227a07042644e47.jpeg

IMG_0382.thumb.jpeg.ed377e04c38130b4d78a18cc20eb7ed1.jpeg

IMG_0387.thumb.jpeg.790929d761d931090f8c6ff1335d39a9.jpeg

IMG_0383.thumb.jpeg.45cdc233dd72c46129c3b6d21f26b39f.jpeg

IMG_0389.thumb.jpeg.6b273cd7e814c44e3fd704375b2fb836.jpeg

IMG_0393.thumb.jpeg.93983876050bf581dde152ffe24294d0.jpeg

Told you.   Iain doesn’t bend the rules and won’t rush across with 6 seconds left.  

IMG_0384.thumb.jpeg.3b34748040af055e509e29045a74408f.jpeg

IMG_0418.thumb.jpeg.b1f006a392ae7b18d48cb6bd1de0bbc1.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Jim, there are 1100 b2b and 1800 getting off in Singapore.  You and Iain will be boarding with 1800 new guests.  Hopefully boarding will be better than Dubai.  Singapore Airlines looks the best!  I’ve learned so much for you.  Susan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow have David and Robert been together that long? I remember when David met Robert, I used to call Robert 'Twinky'...bet you can't guess who I am?🤣 I think I met you even before Robert. 

Ask David if he can guess🤣

Cheers

ging466