Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

10 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Great photos, as usual. Many years ago I cruised from Auckland, NZ to Sydney. The NZ landscape is just gorgeous. You'll enjoy it.

I can't wait.   I know we have some beautiful stops on the way to Sydney but been to all of them before.   We are going out to the Great Barrier Reef so sure I won't be disappointed.   Unfortunately I will not be able or won't take my phone for a swim with me. 

I can't imagine bricking it in the middle of a cruise.

A day behind with dinners.  

Day 14 Menu - they are out of order on this cruise. 

IMG_1028.thumb.jpeg.ff8cd8825e11b7a8fb93b488e3316b09.jpeg

Amuse-bouche

IMG_1182.thumb.jpeg.bd1cecb35df535891be1cbe12d3d613d.jpeg

David and Robert had an off the menu - Indian Curry made special for them.   We are not big fans of Indian.    They gave it a 6 Rating.  OK but not great.

IMG_1183.thumb.jpeg.89f4a5f76310319daee05e019b521966.jpeg

Iain and I had the Pork Loin -  We would rate it as -3

I was trying to order medium rare but the waiter said they had to cook medium.   I would say it was cremated.    Mine was ok at the outside but got drier and drier at the half way point I couldn't cut it with a knife so gave up.

Kamar asked if he could get me a Filet instead... We declined. 

IMG_1184.thumb.jpeg.31e9457fb987abfd21b4ac222044ffd3.jpeg

Desert -

IMG_1185.thumb.jpeg.5f9ecdcc6e24b63954b11e9c5d9dbc60.jpeg

IMG_1185.thumb.jpeg.5f9ecdcc6e24b63954b11e9c5d9dbc60.jpeg

David had the Babba and the rest had Ice Cream

IMG_1186.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I can't wait.   I know we have some beautiful stops on the way to Sydney but been to all of them before.   We are going out to the Great Barrier Reef so sure I won't be disappointed.   Unfortunately I will not be able or won't take my phone for a swim with me. 

I don't blame you about the phone, especially your new iPhone 15 Pro. They make "waterproof" cases, but I probably wouldn't trust them. I remember the old disposable waterproof film cameras. I don't know if there's such a thing for digital photos.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you are on an excursion they will likely have waterproof cameras for rent...

Things have been smoothing out after I sent the Attention to Detail form -  Hate to say I sent a second one about the Captain's Club.   They forgot to invite 1/2 of the Zenith's to the Zenith Private Toast with Captain Matt and his executive staff.   

When I came back to our room there was an invitation to the Zenith Lunch.   Attention to detail my last name was spelled Small instead of Smaltz -  

Our attention to detail failed us also.   We hadn't been told we had a 1/2 time zone change and since we have FireSticks on our TV's didn't see the notice.   For some reason on this ship they don't leave the little cards on your bed reminding you. 

Marcella, CC Manager called our room to see if we were joining the lunch or whether we would prefer to do the 2nd group (they had to split us up in groups of 20-22).    We ran down.  

When Marcella apologized for the error and asked what she had typed I said --- "Small -  and I'm not Small"    -  She broke up and I said -  You have a dirty mind girl - I was meaning tall.    We all had a huge laugh and she gave me a huge hug.    All forgiven and things were good again.   Unfortunately she leaves in Sydney so will have a new CC Manager.

Beautiful lunch

IMG_1217.thumb.jpeg.0bdb10f1ab4a22f7b66ce5b4ae745fc5.jpeg

IMG_0072.thumb.jpeg.14266133a4cd046c624ab35692c9239c.jpeg

IMG_0074.thumb.jpeg.1f9c6d8ecefe2d6fcdd9ba981d348f5b.jpeg

Marsha - Top Cruiser -   We haven't seen her in 5 years.  She was our only guest at our Zenith Ceremony and at the time hadn't hit Zenith.    She has been sailing LOTS since her partner passed and has a wrapping 14,000+ points.

She is a wonderful person if you ever have a chance to meet her.

IMG_0071.thumb.jpeg.87dad7f8e2f3dd4cdfc75ceec982613b.jpeg

IMG_0070.thumb.jpeg.ed931e24ae4ea42dc87e68de4049794e.jpeg

IMG_1218.thumb.jpeg.c37c064517b7bbbfd838e97e23c3d613.jpeg

IMG_0076.thumb.jpeg.7a827ed8a28baa6e928d97e8f0ae3fa8.jpeg

To highlight the festivities -  Alana, Guest Relations Manager, was surprised with a big cake to celebrate 20 years of Service to Celebrity.    I think I captured her surprise and amazement.

IMG_1220.thumb.jpeg.9e24a95d79bc050270694befb17c5887.jpeg

IMG_1222.thumb.jpeg.ab18ac8d890e0ba4ca63e479c7004d59.jpeg

Giuesppe was also there along with his SO and daughter.

IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.6e9baa904220a4d98e299a38eff8b1a4.jpeg

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 16

I had the honor to finally meet Mark, @mmelville6.    He has been wonderful in putting together 2 charter boats for the Great Barrier Reef.     It was so fun to meet him -

IMG_1227.thumb.jpeg.c8715c0934beed5974c8520088c23f1f.jpeg

He started his planning September 14, 2022 --- Yea over a year ago.   What a planner.   He ended up chartering 2 boats as the damand was so high.

All-inclusive of Lycra suit, snorkeling equipment, fins and wet suit (winter months)

Ride through the iconic Whitsunday Islands on your way to the Great Barrier Reef.

Snorkel Multiple sights at the stunning outer Great Barrier Reef

Full-day tour 8:00 am – 4:00 pm which means more time to spend at iconic locations

On-board licensed bar for cold drinks plus tea and coffee throughout the day

Travel with accredited Climate Action Leaders and don’t leave a footprint

On-board toilet for passenger comfort

A local supplier with qualified chefs caters for lunch and snacks

Stable catamaran custom-built specifically for the Whitsundays Perfect tour for those who may suffer from seasickness

Australian-owned, and family-operated business for the past 11 years.

We are the elite guiding experience and are proud to be Australia’s only marine-accredited Savannah Guide Enterprise.

• All-inclusive of lycra suit, snorkelling equipment, fins and wet suit (winter months)
    • Ride through the iconic Whitsunday Islands on your way to the Great Barrier Reef.
    • Snorkel Multiple sights at the stunning outer Great Barrier Reef
    • Full-day tour 8:00 am – 4:00 pm which means more time to spend at iconic locations
    • On-board licensed bar for cold drinks plus tea and coffee throughout the day
    • Travel with accredited Climate Action Leaders and don’t leave a footprint
    • On-board toilet for passenger comfort
    • A local supplier with qualified chefs caters for lunch and snacks
    • Stable catamaran custom-built specifically for the Whitsundays Perfect tour for those who may suffer from seasickness
    • Australian-owned, and family-operated business for the past 11 years.
    • We are the elite guiding experience and are proud to be Australia’s only marine-accredited Savannah Guide Enterprise.
    • Depart from the award-winning Coral Sea Marina.
    • Snorkel multiple locations at the world-famous Outer Great Barrier Reef
    • Groups of no more than 40 for an intimate feel.
    • During winter, you can see Humpback Whales in their natural habitat.
    • Swim in crystal clear waters
    • A day of adventure with creature comforts
    • Beautiful natural surroundings
    • Feel peace of mind that you are travelling on a Climate Action Leading tour.
Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 13

21 hours ago, MMMCruiser said:

Thank you so much for this.  I think I'll be fine with the unwritten menu (why is it not written down LOL?) if I can't find anything I want on the daily menu. 

That is the big question ---- David said it make it difficult for the new or occasional cruiser.   They do rattle it off the first day of the cruise but many are on information overflow by that point.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

If you are on an excursion they will likely have waterproof cameras for rent...

Mark -  You are such an incredible planner...  Never thought of that.   I'm sure they will also have a photographer and will be selling the pictures. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I had the honor to finally meet Mark, @mmelville6.    He has been wonderful in putting together 2 charter boats for the Great Barrier Reef.     It was so fun to meet him -

He started his planning September 14, 2022 --- Yea over a year ago.   What a planner.   He ended up chartering 2 boats as the damand was so high.

All-inclusive of Lycra suit, snorkeling equipment, fins and wet suit (winter months)

Ride through the iconic Whitsunday Islands on your way to the Great Barrier Reef.

Snorkel Multiple sights at the stunning outer Great Barrier Reef

Full-day tour 8:00 am – 4:00 pm which means more time to spend at iconic locations

On-board licensed bar for cold drinks plus tea and coffee throughout the day

Travel with accredited Climate Action Leaders and don’t leave a footprint

On-board toilet for passenger comfort

A local supplier with qualified chefs caters for lunch and snacks

Stable catamaran custom-built specifically for the Whitsundays Perfect tour for those who may suffer from seasickness

Australian-owned, and family-operated business for the past 11 years.

We are the elite guiding experience and are proud to be Australia’s only marine-accredited Savannah Guide Enterprise.

• All-inclusive of lycra suit, snorkelling equipment, fins and wet suit (winter months)
    • Ride through the iconic Whitsunday Islands on your way to the Great Barrier Reef.
    • Snorkel Multiple sights at the stunning outer Great Barrier Reef
    • Full-day tour 8:00 am – 4:00 pm which means more time to spend at iconic locations
    • On-board licensed bar for cold drinks plus tea and coffee throughout the day
    • Travel with accredited Climate Action Leaders and don’t leave a footprint
    • On-board toilet for passenger comfort
    • A local supplier with qualified chefs caters for lunch and snacks
    • Stable catamaran custom-built specifically for the Whitsundays Perfect tour for those who may suffer from seasickness
    • Australian-owned, and family-operated business for the past 11 years.
    • We are the elite guiding experience and are proud to be Australia’s only marine-accredited Savannah Guide Enterprise.
    • Depart from the award-winning Coral Sea Marina.
    • Snorkel multiple locations at the world-famous Outer Great Barrier Reef
    • Groups of no more than 40 for an intimate feel.
    • During winter, you can see Humpback Whales in their natural habitat.
    • Swim in crystal clear waters
    • A day of adventure with creature comforts
    • Beautiful natural surroundings
    • Feel peace of mind that you are travelling on a Climate Action Leading tour.

This sounds amazing and much better than the one we booked with Celebrity. We are doing the GBR snorkel tour from our port stop in Arlie Beach next month.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We do want to look respectable to you when we arrive in your beautiful Country.    New Zealand it the Jewel in the Crown for me.   Been on my bucket list for a long time.   

🤣With the VP on board I'm sure X will be pulling out all the stops.

Saying a 🙏 to the sun gods for you as summer has been slow to arrive here. On the plus side, hopefully the waterfalls will be flowing for you in Milford Sound 👌

• Like 2

IMG_1023.jpeg

Amuse-bouche

IMG_1250.jpeg

Spicy Lamb Shoulder Taco 10*

IMG_1251.jpeg

Egg Drop Soup - 10*

IMG_1252.jpeg

French Onion Soup

IMG_1253.jpeg

Spaghetti Carbonara  10+  -  sorry I broke the egg before I remembered to take a picture...  I'll never post a plate partially eaten - 

IMG_1254.jpeg

Cheese Cake -- David Said ---Where's the Cheese Cake?

IMG_1255.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The Edge got her bottom cleaned before she left the Med for this cruise to the lands down under. NZ has also been on our bucket list along with Australia. We board in 40 days for our 6 week adventure, as long as you and Iain haven't used up all the fun from the Edge, LOL

❤Sounds fabulous, enjoy. We would have been joining you at one time. To quote @Jim_Iain, we're being unfaithful and trying out Scenic Eclipse on an Easter Island 🗿 and French Polynesia itinerary next March.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Great photos, as usual. Many years ago I cruised from Auckland, NZ to Sydney. The NZ landscape is just gorgeous. You'll enjoy it.

Colors in the last few pics are  vibrant and amazing!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Mark -  You are such an incredible planner...  Never thought of that.   I'm sure they will also have a photographer and will be selling the pictures. 

You can see if they have underwater cameras im photo dept..I know it sounds like heresy  but they do a decent job..you can edit later

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

This sounds amazing and much better than the one we booked with Celebrity. We are doing the GBR snorkel tour from our port stop in Arlie Beach next month.

I getting  excited.  We are past the most northern tip. 

IMG_1277.thumb.jpeg.41573cc88bb60e2c1fc425980872f0bd.jpeg

IMG_1276.thumb.jpeg.fef0fe5c9da9cd94e5a0931b6029ddd6.jpeg

Lots of exposed reef islands. 

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Redking said:

❤Sounds fabulous, enjoy. We would have been joining you at one time. To quote @Jim_Iain, we're being unfaithful and trying out Scenic Eclipse on an Easter Island 🗿 and French Polynesia itinerary next March.

Darn --- we are flying back to Sydney end of March and taking Solstice to Hawaii then on to Vancouver.     We have previously taken the Tahiti Route but wanted to try the one hitting Vanuatu,  Numea, Guam and the  Somoa Islands. 

Did they give you an overnight in lieu of Lahina?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

You might check out the link to our charter.   We ended up fully booked and it came out to $133 per person.    There was so much demand that on the Roll Call another boat was also fully booked.  

42 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You might check out the link to our charter.   We ended up fully booked and it came out to $133 per person.    There was so much demand that on the Roll Call another boat was also fully booked.  

What is the link?  I may try to see if it would work for our cruise and roll call.

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Darn --- we are flying back to Sydney end of March and taking Solstice to Hawaii then on to Vancouver.     We have previously taken the Tahiti Route but wanted to try the one hitting Vanuatu,  Numea, Guam and the  Somoa Islands. 

Did they give you an overnight in lieu of Lahina?

Had to read this a couple of times Jim to work out what you were saying. Having two ships with Eclipse in the name is confusing.

We're sailing on the SCENIC Eclipse II ( https://www.scenicnz.com/tours/journey-across-the-pacific-easter-island--french-polynesia/13777)  not the Celebrity Eclipse in March, hence being unfaithful to X  🤣. Still a darn that we won't get to meet up though! Loved the Samoas. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redking said:

Had to read this a couple of times Jim to work out what you were saying. Having two ships with Eclipse in the name is confusing.

We're sailing on the SCENIC Eclipse II ( https://www.scenicnz.com/tours/journey-across-the-pacific-easter-island--french-polynesia/13777)  not the Celebrity Eclipse in March, hence being unfaithful to X  🤣. Still a darn that we won't get to meet up though! Loved the Samoas. 

That's one beautiful ship!

• Like 3