Back on our favourite Queen!

Pear Carr

Delighted to be back on board our favourite ship after a 5 year absence! We have been on QV x 3 since the return to service following covid but for us QM2 is a stand alone experience - particularly on a TA. The Literature Festival on this west bound crossing is very well organised and not in the least ‘exclusive’ as some previous commentators have suggested. We have enjoyed a few of the talks (open to all) and there is a great atmosphere on board - all bars are ‘buzzing’ and dress code is being well respected! Service in main dining room and bars has been great - hot and cold canapés in Chart Room and Commodore club! Outside areas/balconies look very smart and we have found her to be in pristine condition following her brief spell in dry dock - amazing work to have accomplished so much in 3 weeks! Fortunately we are on the 26 day round trip so plenty of time for us to take full advantage of all QM2 has to offer.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Delighted to be back on board our favourite ship after a 5 year absence! We have been on QV x 3 since the return to service following covid but for us QM2 is a stand alone experience - particularly on a TA. The Literature Festival on this west bound crossing is very well organised and not in the least ‘exclusive’ as some previous commentators have suggested. We have enjoyed a few of the talks (open to all) and there is a great atmosphere on board - all bars are ‘buzzing’ and dress code is being well respected! Service in main dining room and bars has been great - hot and cold canapés in Chart Room and Commodore club! Outside areas/balconies look very smart and we have found her to be in pristine condition following her brief spell in dry dock - amazing work to have accomplished so much in 3 weeks! Fortunately we are on the 26 day round trip so plenty of time for us to take full advantage of all QM2 has to offer.

We were last on QM2 6 years ago on the same cruise itinerary as yours. We are next on board her in February for the Cape Town to Sydney leg of her World Cruise.

What time are the canapés served? 😛

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Can’t you even find a little bit of rust to complain about? 🙂

I’m not looking - have my rose tinted glasses on and looks good to me!🤪

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

What time are the canapés served? 😛

Can’t speak for earlier in the evening but 7.30 in Chart Room for 8.30 fixed dining and again only been in Commodore after 7. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

If you are planning on using the spa 'thermal suite', I was wondering if they have fixed the locker room shower drains. [yes I know, I keep repeating the request 🙂 ]

I believe they have. I visited for the day on Sunday and had a quick look at the spa. New carpets, automatic doors to changing rooms fixed and all tiling on the walls seems to be replaced & redone. Pool has also been very well cleaned, and I believe anything that was broken is fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The QM2 is also our favorite ship, every time you sail it’s an experience.   We were on last December for the Literature cruise and enjoyed it immensely.    We also stayed on for the Christmas Market and then back to NYC.    Hope she is doing something similar in Dec 2025.

Enjoy your voyage!

Even though we will not be sailing till March 2025 on board the QM2, we are so pleased with all the comments, reports and photos of the work and labor that was performed on her.

She is our favorite Ocean Liner as was also in the past the QE2.

Though close to 400+ days till we will be boarding her, we will attempt to see her when she visits Brooklyn, our personal homeport.

During our two sailings in the last year, we did see that she did need work to be done but as stated in the past, she is always on the move and exposed to many different elements affecting her look. With the many that board and use her facilities, there is a level of wear and tear.

But we can't wait to Once Again board and sail with her.

• Like 3

Weather has been a bit choppy on this crossing - force 10 reached, but as expected handled well! Service has continued to be excellent and dress code on gala nights has been maintained - a male was refused service in Chart Room last night as he was wearing a polo neck jumper and advised to go to Golden Lion pub! Last nights show Broadway Rocks was excellent. We have enjoyed some very good food and have not noticed a deterioration in quality/standards as some have suggested! Much as we love QM2 we have come to the conclusion that we prefer some areas on QV - most notably the Commodore Club which definitely has the edge on ambience and hot canapés! The Chart room has been our bar of choice on this crossing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Looks like the old Port Authority Piers below around Brooklyn Heights.

@Brooklyn Boy I thought you’d like this one!

This picture is from new condos build out of an old industrial loft in Red Hook, right across from the cruise terminal. I have a friend who lives there and took a picture this evening of QM2 dockside this evening and sent it to me. He can literally walk to England from his front door via a TA. QM2 would not get as far as the Brooklyn Heights Piers 1-6. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, NE John said:

@Brooklyn Boy I thought you’d like this one!

This picture is from new condos build out of an old industrial loft in Red Hook, right across from the cruise terminal. I have a friend who lives there and took a picture this evening of QM2 dockside this evening and sent it to me. He can literally walk to England from his front door via a TA. QM2 would not get as far as the Brooklyn Heights Piers 1-6. 

Thought it was taken by the Container Port Behind the Terminal.I saw the Containers there.

Can't believe how many people are getting confused with the Piers from the Brooklyn Bridge down towards Atlantic Avenue along Columbia Street.

I know that building is the NY Dock Building Condo's that was built in 1910 and use to be a Warehouse

we use to watch being converted going to Fairway Market and Steven's Key Lime Pie factory.