Dining discount while on board

tupperny

We are sailing on Vision in January.

Pre-Covid, we would often be offered discounts for specialty dining for that night while lounging in Schooner Lounge or nearby.  Sometimes, it was a buy one, get one offer.  

Anyone know if these deals happen currently?  It was great to have a spontaneous offer like that and we would often go to the specialty dining instead of MDR.

Thanks

Bill

1 hour ago, tupperny said:

We are sailing on Vision in January.

Pre-Covid, we would often be offered discounts for specialty dining for that night while lounging in Schooner Lounge or nearby.  Sometimes, it was a buy one, get one offer.  

Anyone know if these deals happen currently?  It was great to have a spontaneous offer like that and we would often go to the specialty dining instead of MDR.

Thanks

Bill

You may stand a better chance on Vision.

From what I have read there seems to be more availability and restaurants appearing not full on the smaller ships as opposed to the larger ships with more restaurants.

I sail mostly on larger ships and as someone mentioned it's very difficult sometimes to get the day/times when you purchase packages or the BOGO D+ dinner benefits.  There were some nice SR discounts during Pasta Day, Halloween & Black Friday week for both dinner and lunch.   

5 hours ago, MCC retired said:

Recently aboard the Mariner they came thru the Windjammer every day with 30% discounts for Specialty Restaurants .

On our 6 November Mariner voyage I went to Jamies on the next to last night to book a meal for the last night. The Manager told me they were offering a 20% discount ship wide. We had already used our C&A Bogos that cruise. Tupperny, If you don't see any being offered around the ship, just ask. Bon voyage!

ps, I lived in Penfield in 1990.

Edited by Scotty G
add info
  • Like 1