Why no hand cleaning stations on entering Paradise Buffet???

embpat

Just returned from a cruise on the Paradise and I'm surprised there is no "Washi Washi" attendant as you enter the Buffett let a lone hand cleaning stations.  My wife and I have cruised on Princess, Celebrity, RCCL and Holland  since COVID and every one of those ships has an attendant and washing stations before entering the buffet.  I would think Carnival would care more about the health of the passengers on there ships since everyone is handling the utensils to serve their own food.  

Edited by embpat

• embpat changed the title to Why no hand cleaning stations on entering Paradise Buffet???

I hate the "washy washy" thing on NCL.  Makes me cringe to hear it, and also demeaning to the people doing it.  We are adults. I don't need someone telling me to wash my hands, especially in such a silly way.  

Just grab some hand sanitizer or use those awesome auto hand washers. Can only control what you do, not others.  Might be best to avoid the buffet and stick to the deli and.other options where they serve you.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, embpat said:

I would think Carnival would care more about the health of the passengers on there ships since everyone is handling the utensils to serve their own food.  

Holland America has for years now had crew serving you in their buffet eliminating everyone handling the utensils. They also were one of the first in the industry to have automatic hand washers over a decade ago. 

So I saw 3 people wash their hands when entering the buffet and at least 100 people who just walked in and didn't bother while  I was seated for lunch one day.  I think that they need an attendant to remind people about health and hygiene when handling utensils and food (washi -washi). The buffet is a place where Nora virus's love to cultivate and germs from dirty hands doesn't help. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

One of the most annoying things done on a cruise and the factss support they do not work.  Here you go….

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm

Not sure what agenda you're trying to push by posting random CDC websites, but if we're going to discuss facts:

1. That webpage only discusses gastrointestinal illness (i.e., not COVID).
    1. That webpage does not state hand sanitizers do not work.
  2. https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/pub/handwashing/handwashingtips.htm, linked from that webpage, states, "If water and soap are NOT available (perhaps on excursions), use an ethanol alcohol-based hand sanitizer, preferably in a gel form. The sanitizer should be at least 60% ethanol."  This is the reality at most Carnival buffets; on most ships Carnival has not added handwashing stations in any number sufficient to accommodate everyone eating at the buffet, as have for example Royal Caribbean and Princess.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Not sure what agenda you're trying to push by posting random CDC websites, but if we're going to discuss facts:

1. That webpage only discusses gastrointestinal illness (i.e., not COVID).
    1. That webpage does not state hand sanitizers do not work.
  2. https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/pub/handwashing/handwashingtips.htm, linked from that webpage, states, "If water and soap are NOT available (perhaps on excursions), use an ethanol alcohol-based hand sanitizer, preferably in a gel form. The sanitizer should be at least 60% ethanol."  This is the reality at most Carnival buffets; on most ships Carnival has not added handwashing stations in any number sufficient to accommodate everyone eating at the buffet, as have for example Royal Caribbean and Princess.

I would never bring covid into a cruise discussion.  I thought the point was clear, but I can clarify.  The poster was questioning (I believe) why there was not strong suggestions for more cleaning stations (doubt that implies covid…but do not want to go into the weeds) on a particular Carnival ship.  Also implied that Royal (with the washy washy) does it better.  My post (and history supports this, hence the link to CDC data) is that with their extra effort, Royal has a significantly larger history of Noro.  The site did not say that the hand sanitizer does not work, I questioned it.  We can discuss the performance of the CDC (horrible) but that would be a different topic.  That is the long version, the short is “washy washy fails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 3:01 PM, embpat said:

So I saw 3 people wash their hands when entering the buffet and at least 100 people who just walked in and didn't bother while  I was seated for lunch one day.  I think that they need an attendant to remind people about health and hygiene when handling utensils and food (washi -washi). The buffet is a place where Nora virus's love to cultivate and germs from dirty hands doesn't help. 

You could just wash your hands before you eat

11 hours ago, embpat said:

Really... Unfortunately no thought of doing that. But I think it is a nice thought.......lol

Unless you track them from whence they came. It is all perception, just like the perception that it makes a difference.