P & O Australia/Pacific Adventure in the news

48 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Coral Princess from Brisbane on 11th January, Fiordland, Dunedin (15th) Christchurch, Wellington, Napier, Tauranga, Auckland. It will be the first cruise for my three lovely grand-daughters aged 9, just turned 8 and 4.

What a wonderful experience for your grand daughters.  I hope they join in with some of the children's activities.  Sometimes they are too shy.  Are they the grand daughters who holidayed with you in Nth Qld?

• Like 1

Just now, MMDown Under said:

What a wonderful experience for your grand daughters.  I hope they join in with some of the children's activities.  Sometimes they are too shy.  Are they the grand daughters who holidayed with you in Nth Qld?

My grand daughters will happily join in the ship's activities. We holiday every year as an extended family. We go to our favourite holiday house on the Sunshine Coast on 9th December.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

My grand daughters will happily join in the ship's activities. We holiday every year as an extended family. We go to our favourite holiday house on the Sunshine Coast on 9th December.

I knew your family holidayed together but got location wrong.  Our family holidays annually in May at a holiday house at Moffats Beach Caloundra, Dogs welcome.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I knew your family holidayed together but got location wrong.  Our family holidays annually in May at a holiday house at Moffats Beach Caloundra, Dogs welcome.  

We go to a beachfront house at Sunrise Beach. Because of the number of people in the family there aren't many houses large enough.

23 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We go to a beachfront house at Sunrise Beach. Because of the number of people in the family there aren't many houses large enough.

DO YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL VIEW  LAST TIME I WAS AT LIFESAVERS I NOTICED A COUNCIL BUS INTO NOOSA WHICH WOULD BE CONVENIENT IN PEAK SEASON.  OURS IS A 3 BEDROOM COTTAGE BUT DOES SLEEP 8 AS THEY DID IN THE OLDEN DAYS.

I have my holiday house/ room whenever and wherever I travel on a short lease, sometimes by the beach, sometimes on the ship, sometimes in the Moutnains, sometimes in the City, very handy. And we always get a large bed, no bunks or sharing bathrooms for us.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

DO YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL VIEW  LAST TIME I WAS AT LIFESAVERS I NOTICED A COUNCIL BUS INTO NOOSA WHICH WOULD BE CONVENIENT IN PEAK SEASON.  OURS IS A 3 BEDROOM COTTAGE BUT DOES SLEEP 8 AS THEY DID IN THE OLDEN DAYS.

We have a stunning view and it is probably the main attraction of the house. The main floor is open plan, leading out to a large under-cover 'al fresco' area with an infinity-edge pool, all on the same level. Beyond that is the ocean. We only have to walk across a short stretch of grass to the sand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have a stunning view and it is probably the main attraction of the house. The main floor is open plan, leading out to a large under-cover 'al fresco' area with an infinity-edge pool, all on the same level. Beyond that is the ocean. We only have to walk across a short stretch of grass to the sand.

Wow sounds wonderful.  I knew there were spectacular views at Sunshine Beach.  We used to tour there and check out the new architect houses when the suburb opened up.  We often ate at the Surf Lifesavers.

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Wow sounds wonderful.  I knew there were spectacular views at Sunshine Beach.  We used to tour there and check out the new architect houses when the suburb opened up.  We often ate at the Surf Lifesavers.

The house is in a gated community, two doors from a house previously owned by Kevin Rudd and Therese Rein. (I hope I spelled her name correctly.)

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Twas on ABC breakfast show this am, poor bloke reckons he has been kidnapped.

I read the article on the ABC website. If I was to be kidnapped, a cruise would be ideal for me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

But a P&O cruise? 😉 🤣

Well, the way I feel at the moment, balcony on a P&O ship would do me. Usually I would say no to P&O. We have friends on a P&O cruise at the moment and they are quite happy with their choice of ship. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, they would do me as well, I expect that if I am kidnapped it is actually free and there would be no ransom requests.

43 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Well, the way I feel at the moment, balcony on a P&O ship would do me. Usually I would say no to P&O. We have friends on a P&O cruise at the moment and they are quite happy with their choice of ship. 

Take me away, P&O!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

More Dramas  for the guest onboard Pacific adventure 

any of them choosing to take a trip up Mt Wellington will be disappoint as there is only 1  road up to the summit and its closed for sheduled maintenance   As Hobart was not expecting any cruise ships and thought  this week would have been the perfect oppurtunity to close the road.

The only other way they can do this is by 1 of the many walking tracks   but i would think that is not such a great idea   as you may not get back to the ship on time

23 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

any of them choosing to take a trip up Mt Wellington will be disappoint as there is only 1  road up to the summit and its closed for sheduled maintenance   As Hobart was not expecting any cruise ships and thought  this week would have been the perfect oppurtunity to close the road.

The only other way they can do this is by 1 of the many walking tracks   but i would think that is not such a great idea   as you may not get back to the ship on time

I thought they were all being held hostage, so it is great that they can leave the ship at all. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

I suspect a trip up Mt Wellington would be one of the last things on most passengers minds. Even if on a regular cruise the weather will probably be terrible.