Are they still offering 50% discount for onboard bookings?

TN-Mountains

Are they still offering 50% discount for onboard bookings?  If so, does anyone have the current list of eligible cruises?  Our next cruise is a short one.  I don’t want to waste valuable vacation time in the Future Cruise Office if there isn't a great deal on a cruise I’m interested in booking.

We just booked a January 2024 cruise while on board the Regal.  The list we saw offered 30% off of selected cruises.   I think the list was good til January 2024.  A month or more ago, someone posted a picture of the list.  I think it was part of a live review, but I don't know which one.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 2

It was still available in October 2024 (Caribbean Princess).

I thought I took a camera shot...oops...not this time.  Many Caribbean Cruises.  Nothing of interest for me.

Suites and Reserve Club Class are rarely available.  

• Thanks 1

The 50% off on board booking promo DID expire at the end of October 2023. While I was on the Discovery Oct 21-28 sailing, the future cruise folks relayed they were told it was not going to be extended as previously and will end at the end of the month.

I believe  @Cruise Raiderstayed on for the following sailing, and confirmed it was not extended.

Currently have friends on the Sapphire and there was mention of a new promo but details not clarified, but was told lead time would only be sailings within the next 30 days or so. @Cajuntravelerpost #2 seems to be relevant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I thought I took a camera shot...oops...not this time.  Many Caribbean Cruises.  Nothing of interest for me.

Correction:  October 2023….getting ahead of myself.

• Haha 1

We are currently on the Enchanted Princess.  We had a lengthy conversation with the Future Cruise Manager onboard.  In her "opinion," the 50% discounts were discontinued because ships are now sailing full or near to capacity.  So, no need to discount fares.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I doubt it as the threads are silent on that for some time now.  Look at Drop 'N' Go offers and know the situation before sailing.

Yeah, I haven’t seen a thread in a while, but  I haven’t been checking the boards daily.  I wasn’t sure if I just missed them.  Drop N Go isn’t as easy for us since we need 2 cabins near each other.  I know the onboard offers are usually for cruises within 90 days, but we booked a December cruise at 50% off back in June.  What made it sweeter was once I was home, I was able to purchase the premier package at half off too!  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thanks.  We don’t book Suites or Reserve Club Class do that wouldn’t be an issue for us. 😉 

6 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

Yeah, I haven’t seen a thread in a while, but  I haven’t been checking the boards daily.  I wasn’t sure if I just missed them.  Drop N Go isn’t as easy for us since we need 2 cabins near each other.  I know the onboard offers are usually for cruises within 90 days, but we booked a December cruise at 50% off back in June.  What made it sweeter was once I was home, I was able to purchase the premier package at half off too!  

My impression is ships are full/near-full and they won't be doing a 50% off deal in that case.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are currently on the Enchanted Princess.  We had a lengthy conversation with the Future Cruise Manager onboard.  In her "opinion," the 50% discounts were discontinued because ships are now sailing full or near to capacity.  So, no need to discount fares.  🤷‍♂️

That makes sense to me from what I've been seeing too.  Occupancy is high even for 2025 sailings.

• Like 2

We just completed a cruise on Emerald and asked the future cruise desk about discounted cruises. We were told the only “deals” were those we would have received by email. He did check the cruise I have planned for April to see if he could get a better price. The price was now $600 more per person with less OBC. Then we got the hard sell on the future cruise package that includes hotel stays. Selling that package seemed to be their main interest as everyone around us was getting the same pitch.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:49 AM, wallyj said:

The 50% off on board booking promo DID expire at the end of October 2023. While I was on the Discovery Oct 21-28 sailing, the future cruise folks relayed they were told it was not going to be extended as previously and will end at the end of the month.

I believe  @Cruise Raiderstayed on for the following sailing, and confirmed it was not extended.

Currently have friends on the Sapphire and there was mention of a new promo but details not clarified, but was told lead time would only be sailings within the next 30 days or so. @Cajuntravelerpost #2 seems to be relevant.

I did stay on and talked to the woman in charge at the future cruise office.  She said the 50% off was so popular and was also disappointed it had to end.  She also mentioned she’s worked with corporate to implement some new specials while booking onboard.  I would so look forward to finding out what they have in the planning stages.  

24 minutes ago, Seaspartan said:

We just completed a cruise on Emerald and asked the future cruise desk about discounted cruises. We were told the only “deals” were those we would have received by email. He did check the cruise I have planned for April to see if he could get a better price. The price was now $600 more per person with less OBC. Then we got the hard sell on the future cruise package that includes hotel stays. Selling that package seemed to be their main interest as everyone around us was getting the same pitch.

Wow.  We didn't get that pitch at all in August and Sept. on the Emerald.  I don't like sales pitches either.

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I did stay on and talked to the woman in charge at the future cruise office.  She said the 50% off was so popular and was also disappointed it had to end.  She also mentioned she’s worked with corporate to implement some new specials while booking onboard.  I would so look forward to finding out what they have in the planning stages.  

They couldn't afford to keep that up for long.

19 hours ago, wallyj said:

Just boarded Discovery today 11/25. Received a list about 3/4 of a page.  Sailings on list are supposed to be 20 or 30% off, so better than nothing. Have not studied list yet, but as @Cajuntravelerposted #2, they received 30% off a January 2024 sailing.

So I checked with future cruise about a sailing on the ‘list’. It was 30% off the Princess.com rate AND Plus is also being discounted 30%. Unfortunately, the starting rates are already high for this 7 day Mexico sailing in early January next year. The previous ‘list’ only had CA Coastals as the Mexico sailings did not need to be discounted.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wallyj said:

So I checked with future cruise about a sailing on the ‘list’. It was 30% off the Princess.com rate AND Plus is also being discounted 30%. Unfortunately, the starting rates are already high for this 7 day Mexico sailing in early January next year. The previous ‘list’ only had CA Coastals as the Mexico sailings did not need to be discounted.

That seems to be the usual ploy with all cruise lines. Just jack up the base price and make people think that they are getting a genuine discount. Celebrity seem to be the worst at doing this from "deals" that I have checked lately.