HAL Cakes and Desserts

swin26

We had this on our 2022 Grand Africa cruise and I think that was kind of a test and  i am glad they are doing this on the shorter cruises.   It is really something and you will truly enjoy it.  😀

I do have pictures but have never posted on the CC board. Maybe it is time to learn.

ENJOY!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moriah said:

Wow! I'll be on Rotterdam on the 26th when they roll out the cakes! Another reason to be so excited for this cruise! Can't wait for that creme brulee cake... yum.

YES on the creme brulee cake!!

As if I needed another reason to look forward to this cruise!

I am on the eurodam right now and they did it today in the lido.  I got there towards the end, but they originally had 11 different cake flavors.  I had the vegan chocolate cake(fyi I am not vegan) and it was one of the best desserts that I have had onboard HAL.  Certainly the best cake I have had on board.  

20231117_140527.jpg

20231117_140515.jpg

Edited by jenp123
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, jenp123 said:

I am on the eurodam right now and they did it today in the lido.  I got there towards the end, but they originally had 11 different cake flavors.  I had the vegan chocolate cake(fyi I am not vegan) and it was one of the best desserts that I have had onboard HAL.  Certainly the best cake I have had on board.  

20231117_140527.jpg

20231117_140515.jpg

Was there advance notice of the cake extravaganza?  I try to stay out of the Lido so I hope this is announced in the Daily Planner so I don’t miss it.   I just got off the Koningsdam and as far as I know it didn’t happen there.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

Was there advance notice of the cake extravaganza?  I try to stay out of the Lido so I hope this is announced in the Daily Planner so I don’t miss it.   I just got off the Koningsdam and as far as I know it didn’t happen there.

Don't remember any announcement but last month just happened to walk by it. I didn't think  the cakes were all that (or many of the desserts) ... didn't taste fresh. We asked for thin slices just to taste a few. 20231106_115519.thumb.jpg.526725c5045aa7e81a82d79d55b44eca.jpgI imagine it's hard to bake much fresh in bulk (besides bread). 

20231106_122554.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

This sounds like a revival of the Dessert Extravaganza (was that the name?) with a little twist from the late 2000s. 

Yes! It was the Dutch Chocolate Extravaganza by the Lido Pool on the final “Formal Night.” The only negative is that it usually started quite late at night. I have missed those events and am so happy they’re bringing something like this back to HAL! 👏👏

2 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I didn't see anything and just happened to walk by.