From the New Crystal thread:

jollyjones

I think she was pushed a bit hard by SS - when the SS senior CDs retired or left, suddenly she was it for everything. She was dumped on the World Cruise with less than a month’s notice and the responsibility worried her, then she opened the Nova. 
Maybe she wants a rest. 
And she has form, she’s jumped ship before, was it to Viking? I don’t remember. 

3 hours ago, jollyjones said:

I think she was pushed a bit hard by SS - when the SS senior CDs retired or left, suddenly she was it for everything. She was dumped on the World Cruise with less than a month’s notice and the responsibility worried her, then she opened the Nova. 
Maybe she wants a rest. 
And she has form, she’s jumped ship before, was it to Viking? I don’t remember. 

Yes it was to Viking. her husband worked there and she was friends with Sujith Mohan who was our first ever SS butler. now General Manager for hotel services at Viking.

We had dinner with her soon after her return. she came back because Viking wouldn't let her perform her show.

So I think @Dolcevita Diva hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

So very sad to read this. 

I am sure that part of her decision was related to not being able to put on her show onboard the Nova...

This is likely correct, plus see was very aligned with a certain Silversea team members that have already transferred over to Crystal.  I wish her the best.

• Like 2

drron you bring back such good memories of Sujith whose Career with Silversea we watched from a very early stage, as he progressed to become a Hotel Director. He was in my personal opinion a great exponent of Customer Service and should have been retained by SS. However there was one occasion when a Group of SS Executives and Families were on board and were causing a deal of irritation to Guests ( Babies in The Pool/Jacuzzi plus mayhem in the Corridors ). Sujith attempted to tackle the Issue but got no support either from those on board or Monaco. i am not surprised he walked. Perhaps Vicki has experienced similar HO inaction on other subjects ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, drron29 said:

Yes it was to Viking. her husband worked there and she was friends with Sujith Mohan who was our first ever SS butler. now General Manager for hotel services at Viking.

We had dinner with her soon after her return. she came back because Viking wouldn't let her perform her show.

So I think @Dolcevita Diva hit the nail on the head.

When I was on the Nova in Sept/Oct and mentioned how disappointed that I was that Ship Happens wouldn't, well, happen, she said that she was too, but mgmt. had told her that her show "wasn't in keeping with the direction they wished to go with entertainment on the Silver Nova."    While undoubtedly paraphrased, it sounds as if they were less than diplomatic about this edict.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

When I was on the Nova in Sept/Oct and mentioned how disappointed that I was that Ship Happens wouldn't, well, happen, she said that she was too, but mgmt. had told her that her show "wasn't in keeping with the direction they wished to go with entertainment on the Silver Nova."    While undoubtedly paraphrased, it sounds as if they were less than diplomatic about this edict.  

Shame. I think the same happened with Kirk didn't it? Anyone know if he is still in the industry on called it a day?

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Shame. I think the same happened with Kirk didn't it? Anyone know if he is still in the industry on called it a day?

Kirk is back home in Marion, Ohio managing the Marion Palace Theatre, a grand old theatre in the class luxe style:

https://isp.page/news/aces-of-trades-kirk-detweiler-likes-have-a-place-to-call-home/#gsc.tab=0

• Like 3

15 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

Kirk is back home in Marion, Ohio managing the Marion Palace Theatre, a grand old theatre in the class luxe style:

https://isp.page/news/aces-of-trades-kirk-detweiler-likes-have-a-place-to-call-home/#gsc.tab=0

Good for him. He and Vicki are definitely our 2 favourite CD on any ship we've sailed.

• Like 1

Prior to Kirk becoming the Executive Director at the Marion Palace Theatre, he was the Entertainment Director for a resort in St. Maarten.  He brought in Melissa Cook, one of the original Artists of Silversea.  She is now a flight attendant for American Airlines (and a gorgeous one at that), and when he departed for the Marion, Jon Shade replaced him.  Jon is now a Silversea CD.  Kirk was my favorite CD as well ... along with Fernando of course! ❤️

• Like 1

We sailed with Kirk on Silver Wind, in June 2012! I think it was one of his first assignments with Silversea, because I wrote in my Live From thread that he was the "new" cruise director. We liked him then but I don't think we had the pleasure to sail with him again.

On 12/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, fdnycruiser said:

What a loss! We were on a few cruises with her including her last on the Nova. Didn’t know she was leaving though. The CD that took her place for the TA couldn’t compare

Hi Bob, really? I love Rico!