Smart Casual question

NMTraveller

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Can I get by wearing running shoes for smart casual.  They are black colored.  The only issue that I see is that the heels are white ...  Very comfortable shoes.  Just trying to figure out if I should bring another pair.

Sure you can, but what's the rest of the outfit? 

Edited by kwokpot

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

My husband has worn black tennis shoes on smart casual evenings a number of times without any issue.  I doubt anyone even noticed.  The less we can pack, the better.

Yes.  We are trying to pack less this time around.

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Dockers and dress shirt.

You'll be just fine. No need to bring other shoes. Personal advice just make sure they're clean without dirt on them like you just came back from a hike in the woods. Otherwise you're all good to go!

• Haha 1

I have to say this wasn't something I'd really done, but it was pretty amazing on Equinox this month how many men were wearing some form of (clean) athletic shoe for smart casual. I'll probably still throw a pair of loafers in for most cruises, but it was something I hadn't noticed before on Celebrity. Solved the last night shoe packing!

Go for it!

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Yes.  We are trying to pack less this time around.

I’m missing something here.  If the running shoes are for smart casual nights what shoes are you wearing for evening chic.  DH wears one pair of shoes for both smart casual and evening chic.  

• Like 1

Just now, jelayne said:

I’m missing something here.  If the running shoes are for smart casual nights what shoes are you wearing for evening chic.  DH wears one pair of shoes for both smart casual and evening chic.  

I’m guessing the same since it’s almost impossible to differentiate them anymore. And from another thread I’m pretty sure they’re in Aqua and evening chic doesn’t apply in Blu (or Luminae). 

• Like 2

I normally take three pairs of shoes.  I have one pair for wear onboard - usually my Hey Dude's; a pair of sneaker for wearing ashore, and then a pair of dress shoes for wearing to dinner each night.   This is in addition to the slippers we receive for wearing inside the room.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Like my suits and sportscoats, my dress shoes went bye bye when I retired. I wear comfortable casual men's shoes with lot of cushioning on any night on a cruise.

Funny you should say that -- I retired in May of 2022 and my wife has been after me to donate my suits and dress shoes to charity.  I have one suit that still fits that I'll hang on to, I wore it recently to our oldest grandson's wedding.  I have stopped bring jackets and ties on cruises.  Maybe I'll follow your lead and see if I can get by without a pair of dark dress shoes on our next cruise.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I just worn my Birkenstock every night for dinner as they were my most comfortable shoes I had 😁

I only own one pair of sandals and I only wear them inside.  

I have ugly feet  🤣

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Funny you should say that -- I retired in May of 2022 and my wife has been after me to donate my suits and dress shoes to charity.  I have one suit that still fits that I'll hang on to, I wore it recently to our oldest grandson's wedding.  I have stopped bring jackets and ties on cruises.  Maybe I'll follow your lead and see if I can get by without a pair of dark dress shoes on our next cruise.  

All the mens shoe manufacturers now have dresser shoes with sneaker soles which means they can double as regular walking shoes.

https://www.rockport.com/products/rockport-men-s-total-motion-craft-wingtip-black-ml06305-jbl61

https://www.colehaan.com/mens-zerogrand-wingtip-oxford/C20719.html

https://www.colehaan.com/mens-2.zerogrand-laser-wingtip-oxford/C23832.html

https://www.rockport.com/collections/rockport-mens-sneakers/products/rockport-men-s-total-motion-craft-sneaker-black-ml06245-jbl61

And of course black leather tennis style shoes goes with slacks, jeans, and walking shorts 

https://www.colehaan.com/mens-grandpro-tennis-sneaker/C23877.html

https://www.rockport.com/collections/rockport-mens-sneakers/products/rockport-mens-colle-tie-sneaker-black-ml02044-jbl61

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have not been denied entrance to any ships venue in my sporty comfortable shoes. i really prefer Johnson & Murphy casual shoes, mostly non leather.

20 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Can I get by wearing running shoes for smart casual.  They are black colored.  The only issue that I see is that the heels are white ...  Very comfortable shoes.  Just trying to figure out if I should bring another pair.

We’ve worn running shoes many times on smart casual nights, all depends on how our legs and feet are feeling that night.