Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

7 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, let's look at the people with small children who can afford to take them on a really long trip.  Probably always give their kids what they want because they can.  It would be interesting to find out something about the families traveling with children.  If I have to guess, they pretty much never tell them no, unfortunately.

That menu looks pretty good.

As the late great W.C. Fields would say, "“Get away from me kid, You bother me." 😁

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Cooking is a talent.  🙂

Funny...Bucky seems to think the same thing....either that or it is a way for him to get out of cooking.  Though he does make a great spaghetti sauce when I let him into my kitchen.  ☺️

I personally designed my kitchen to make it into my "woman cave" when we remodeled it.  🙂   He loves the little garage as his personal domain.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thinking of trying the Beef Wellington...though I usually love Turkey for Xmas Eve. dinner

I would go for the Wellington. On Serenade for Thanksgiving, the turkey appeared to be a pressed turkey roll, not a carved turkey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I vote for Windjammer cheeseburgers. 🍔 😇

LOL...we did have the "Royal Burger" a few nights ago that was offered in the MDR for dinner.  It was indeed very yummy!  And this coming from one that buys "Impossible Veggie Burgers" to grill out at home. 😄 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

As the late great W.C. Fields would say, "“Get away from me kid, You bother me." 😁

I came real close to having that chocolate milk shake like thing splashed all over me...the others closer to the kid...did not get as lucky.  Yuck.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I would go for the Wellington. On Serenade for Thanksgiving, the turkey appeared to be a pressed turkey roll, not a carved turkey.

Oh no...I can't stand "mystery meat" turkey.  Uggh...indeed that stuff they mix in a  giant blender and form into a blob in a bag when they boil it.  Yuck!!  😜

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Cabin attendant just came by to give us this special card stock menu for Xmas Eve. dinner tonight.  It's formal night tonight.  Thinking of trying the Beef Wellington...though I usually love Turkey for Xmas Eve. dinner. 🙂 I think most will go for the Ham.  

20231224_120009.jpg

Similar to Anthem NYE menu:

image.thumb.png.b3b9313d4222a6caf70d986e2164ab8f.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I vote for Beef Wellington.   Maybe you can get turkey for dinner on Christmas day?

The Turkey is not on the Christmas Dinner Menu, Choices are:

Pan Seared Tilipia

Braised Beef Short Ribs

Roasted Pork Loin

Shrimp Pad Thai

Grilled Chicken Breast

Rustic Vegetable Korma

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

I seem to remember it offered in 150?  Or was it Chops.  Indeed, not even sure if I have had it..but if I did, had to be years ago.  Always fun to try new things.  🥰

Yes, I’m pretty sure it’s on the 150 menu but I’ve never ordered it.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

That does look good...though I might have them serve the gravy on the side...seems drowned in it?

It shouldn’t be swimming in gravy. Typically the sauce is either just a fancy drizzle on the plate, or served to the side.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Star Princess: 14 night TA, 6 consecutive sea days, missed 1st port, 3 more seas days. 

Azamara Journey: 10 night TA, no ports (as scheduled). 

Quantum: 8 night TA, no ports (as scheduled), but we did have a med evac in The Azores. 

Anthem: 8 night TA, no ports (as scheduled).

Oasis: 14 night TA, 9 consecutive seas days (as scheduled).

Many other TAs with 5, 6, or more consecutive seas days.

Yes, on Trans Atlantic we'd plan 6+ Sea Days straight on Cruise. Me, Love my Seas Days and only do longer 10+ niters long Carb and Repos myself(SOLO) with 5 to 5, 4 to 6, 5 to 6, 5 to 8, Port Days and Sea Days. But for my Daughter and Grand Daughter on their first Cruise longer then 10niter this 16n ended up being 12 Sea Days as we lost 3 Port Days. 

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Continuing our tour, and our favorite early happy hour spot:   The (used to be) revolving bar in the VCL.   Did work on Jewel the last time we were on board that ship, but does not work here (of which there seems to be more than one thing that does not work on Serenade 😞 ).  

20231224_070524.jpg

20231224_070452.jpg

Drink enough it still spins... 

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Yeah I always go to Wind Jammer on Thanksgiving they have always had whole Turkeys at Carving Station on my Sailings. Better then that Turkey in Main Dining.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah I always go to Wind Jammer on Thanksgiving they have always had whole Turkeys at Carving Station on my Sailings. Better then that Turkey in Main Dining.

We typically do the WJ as well because they actually carve the whole turkey and DW can get the dark thigh and leg meat that she loves. Every time she asks for dark meat in the MDR they give her Banquet dinner “dark” meat turkey roll.

On Serenade at Thanksgiving, we went to the MDR, fiddled with what they served for a while and then went to the WJ for real turkey.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

What you're seeing on the App may not be what is actually being offered/served. 

That's disappointing then if that is the case when even 2 or 3 days out the menu on the app isn't up to date since someone deciding to go to the dining room that evening for a certain main entree is looking at the current app and it isn't there. I hope that is not the case.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

That's disappointing then if that is the case when even 2 or 3 days out the menu on the app isn't up to date since someone deciding to go to the dining room that evening for a certain main entree is looking at the current app and it isn't there. I hope that is not the case.

Exactly why we we don't use the the app other than pre cruise requirements. We always wait until we are seated in the MDR with menu in hand. Then we decide what our five courses will be for that evening. 

• Thanks 1

And the chef seems to have a "special entree" item that isn't listed on the menu and you only learn about it if you go to the MDR.  There have been some interesting ones so far.  We'll see if there's a special item tonight when we head to the MDR in an hour or so. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

And the chef seems to have a "special entree" item that isn't listed on the menu and you only learn about it if you go to the MDR.  There have been some interesting ones so far.  We'll see if there's a special item tonight when we head to the MDR in an hour or so. 

I'm sure you'll have a special menu tonight. Enjoy.....and Merry Christmas. 

4 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I've found that the App is accurate for menus once onboard. 

We havre been on RCL cruises recently where the menus changed between the time we boarded the ship and the time we went to the MDR. Theme night rotations switched, theme nights being completely replaced, and menu items missing.

• Like 1