Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Total mob scene with local pax trying to board huge MSC ship.  This is a pretty big embarkation port for cruise ships here.  Line with luggage to get to drop off must have been 1/4 mile long snaking way down the terminal, curving, and going up the street. Ugh.   😮   

We sailed around the “Horn” in March on Celebrity, and Rio was our disembarkation Port.  It was very organized.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Gosh no sweetie...there is no reason to "kill the messenger".   I thank you very much for shining a light on the idiots.   Thanks again, and thanks for following and reporting.  🙂 

You are so sweet! 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Are the fireworks shot off from the land or from the water?

Just how far off the shore are the ships located at?

Based on this Youtube video they are shot off from the water.    this shows how crowded the beach is as well as the line up of cruise ships bringing in 2023.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Based on this Youtube video they are shot off from the water.    this shows how crowded the beach is as well as the line up of cruise ships bringing in 2023.

Ships seem to be about 1 3/4 miles from the shoreline.

Ellen (Chops hostess) playing with my hat.  😄  My NYE drink of choice....a "peanut butter and jelly".  Anyone know what that is?  😉  Was introduced to me on Wonder (CK) and only Schooner bar has it. 

20231231_202349.jpg

20231231_202446.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ellen (Chops hostess) playing with my hat.  😄  My NYE drink of choice....a "peanut butter and jelly".  Anyone know what that is?  😉  Was introduced to me on Wonder (CK) and only Schooner bar has it. 

20231231_202349.jpg

20231231_202446.jpg

Skrewball peanut butter whiskey and cranberry juice

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have set my alarm...just in case I fall asleep.  Bucky on duty outside to watch.  We are lucky, being starboard side...should be front row seat.  🙂  

20231231_211917.jpg

It would be a huge disappointment to be on the backside of the fireworks. Glad your balcony has a great view. I see john and laura seem to have a view. What fun. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It would be a huge disappointment to be on the backside of the fireworks. Glad your balcony has a great view. I see john and laura seem to have a view. What fun. 

Just go up on  outside deck 12, wouldn't that work. Deck 10 has that over hang. Up on deck most likely would be better wouldn't it?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

NYE drink of choice....a "peanut butter and jelly".  Anyone know what that is?  😉  Was introduced to me on Wonder (CK) and only Schooner bar has it. 

I had the PB&J Old Fashion in Mason Jar. I really like the PB whiskey just to sip plain.

Fun Fact…I’m originally from San Diego, and one of the beach towns where I lived (one of the many places in my 20’s), Ocean Beach, is where it originated. 

https://theresandiego.com/skrewball-whiskey-story/

• Like 4

On 12/30/2023 at 1:49 PM, Russ Lomas said:

At home, I rotate between 4 different types of dry cereal with milk and a slice of multigrain toast with a glass of orange juice.  Cruise breakfasts are like I died and went to heaven - smoked salmon, made to order omelettes, muesli, fresh fruit, waffles, hash browns.  I will be happy to trade in my breakfast rotation when I finally join for part of the world cruise.

Russ, are you good with trading for a ship without a FlowRider?  I could do the WC, but I don’t know what I would do to not go crazy when not in port?????  

JC

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They were being preemptive, you know, just in case RCI decided to do a world cruise. I heard they are now saving in case Royal decides to sent Oasis to the North Pole.

I would sign up for the north to south navigation of the poles on an Oasis class ship.  When can we start booking?

I am going to start a Tik Tok account to share this happy moment!!!!  

Maroons

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 4