Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Great pictures!  Thanks for sharing!   Happy it was indeed a good time...and thanks again for getting our driver to finally get his act together that morning!!  😉 

Glad you had a good tour and enjoyed your pictures too!  Your lunch looked delicious!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

Yikes!  Just read that the Mayor of Manta, Ecuador, was assassinated Sunday.  Glad Royal cancelled that Port and continues to keep us safe!

Too bad you could not visit the mountains of Ecuador, some expats there tell me life is quite normal there away from the coast.

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Yikes!  Just read that the Mayor of Manta, Ecuador, was assassinated Sunday.  Glad Royal cancelled that Port and continues to keep us safe!

Yes, the mayor was killed on a Sunday.  It was 7/23/23.

10 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Started at $59K pp for insides plus $4K in taxes

I'm hoping to get my DH to agree in the future😊. Thank you so much for taking the time to share photos, etc!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Beautiful experience.  I especially love the dancing horse.  😊

• Like 3

9 hours ago, island lady said:

If you are really interested in the pricing....there are multiple mini legs remaining that are still for sale on RCI website.  Bookings available...go for it.  

The negative for us ref mini legs is that DH can't handle the long flights. Wish we could!!  We all need to get the traveling in while healthy enough to do so. Thank you so very much for sharing your experiences with us.😔🌹

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We also re-visited the Presidential Palace and saw the changing of the guards (from outside the barriers), and visited the Lima Cathedral Catacombs, built under the Basillica and the Convent of San Francisco (no inside photos allowed), which are undergoing restoration.  After lunch, we visited several Parks and enjoyed another dessert snack, a Picarones at “Picarones Mary’s”, famous from “Street Food Latin America”, a Netflix show.  Picarones are sweet potato and pumpkin “donuts” drizzled in sugar cane syrup.

IMG_3482.jpeg

IMG_3475.jpeg

IMG_3477.jpeg

IMG_3465.jpeg

IMG_3572.jpeg

IMG_3584.jpeg

IMG_3491.jpeg

IMG_3519.jpeg

We saw a house built by a man who ran for president and didn't win, but was so upset he built a smaller copy.🤣

20240130_175607.thumb.jpg.a6c744a48daf17a8eefd6f53c06150cd.jpg

• Like 14

15 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Uhh... That happened six month ago, not this past Sunday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There could have been plans to kill him again.... just say'n'. 😇☺️

Aww, thank you for being nice!  The story was on Reuters right next to a current Machu Picchu story and didn’t mention a year!  My bad!  I should not have been looking at the news!  I’m on vacation!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Where is Chevy Chase when you really need him🙄😄

It will be interesting to see how many snarky comments are made as if they are the first!!  😉🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pstone1 said:

Aww, thank you for being nice!  The story was on Reuters right next to a current Machu Picchu story and didn’t mention a year!  My bad!  I should not have been looking at the news!  I’m on vacation!  🤣

You do know I was joking, right? Like in killing the same person twice.🙃😊

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

We saw a house built by a man who ran for president and didn't win, but was so upset he built a smaller copy.🤣

20240130_175607.thumb.jpg.a6c744a48daf17a8eefd6f53c06150cd.jpg

Amazing!  There are so many interesting things to see in Lima!  I’m sure we didn’t even scratch the surface!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

The negative for us ref mini legs is that DH can't handle the long flights. Wish we could!!  We all need to get the traveling in while healthy enough to do so. Thank you so very much for sharing your experiences with us.😔🌹

I agree....the long flights are never fun, and I cannot sleep at all on red eye flights.  Not a problem for us on this one, since we only had to fly from Orlando to Miami to pick up our first quarter, (which we did same day...35 minute flight 😉  ).   Then we are disembarking in LA to fly back to Orlando.  No foreign country airports to deal with either...bonus.   

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You do know I was joking, right? Like in killing the same person twice.🙃😊

6 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Of course!  🤣🤣

Weekend at Bernie’s revival. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Not a problem for us on this one

Getting to your next quarter could be a bit more intense, but at least the flight home from that one will be brief.😇

17 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Me too...though I was most frustrated with shore excursions desk just before end of 2nd mini leg.  I asked about the Manta stop and was told shoreside services had no issue with it, and our tour was still scheduled.  I promptly went upstairs and cancelled the tour online (which put the refund back to credit card...instead of OBC credit).   

Other cruise lines had cancelled that port of call weeks ago prior.  RCI likes to treat as as "mushrooms"...you know...keep us in the dark and throw fertilizer  on us?  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Weekend at Bernie’s revival. 🙃

Or the view from the ship of returning pax any time it visits a port with a Senor Frog's 😇

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1