Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Cool looking vessel.   420 ft long

https://www.aqvoyages.com/vessels/american-queen/

Cabins 213

Guest Capacity 417

Crew 172

Edit, that post , My Bad....wrong cruiseline, it is American Cruiseline like Island Lady posted.

I'm still  a little confused though because I can't find the name of that ship she will be on  named "Queen" on the link below that does that sailing.

https://www.americancruiselines.com/cruises/columbia-and-snake-river-cruises?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA_aGuBhACEiwAly57MQg2vsVcy_Y1bNeyvBwf3ce8wI280Ss0E-Z2ckAnW8Eo9X2SW5ObfhoCIGMQAvD_BwE

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Been on Radiance Class about 60 times with 40+ being Serenade alone. These longer 10+ niters, Carib, Repo's and Panama Canals, Average about 1850 passengers, few families and usually about 10-25 Kids. My type of Cruise

This will be our 1st time on a Radiance class ship.  I expect our Northern Europe segment to be pretty full due to the time of year it is sailing.  Not sure how many kids will be on it, but obviously a lot less than on the bigger ships with all the bells and whistles.  I will miss the Flowrider, but the incredible ports will more than make up for that.  It will just be a different type of cruise for us this time (plus we are leaving the kids at home for this one)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Edit, that post , My Bad....wrong cruiseline, it is American Cruiseline like Island Lady posted.

I'm still  a little confused though because I can't find the name of that ship she will be on  named "Queen" on the link below that does that sailing.

https://www.americancruiselines.com/cruises/columbia-and-snake-river-cruises?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA_aGuBhACEiwAly57MQg2vsVcy_Y1bNeyvBwf3ce8wI280Ss0E-Z2ckAnW8Eo9X2SW5ObfhoCIGMQAvD_BwE

Like you she made a simple mistake. I'm sure she'll correct it by posting the correct ship name when she finds time to post back. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

This will be our 1st time on a Radiance class ship....It will just be a different type of cruise for us 

You may find you will not want to go back to bigger ships 😉👍

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 2

We boarded the Serenade today. Very easy and quick process, no wait time to check-in and just a bit of a wait once boarding started because of congestion on the gangway. Our cabin was ready but our luggage was delivered late afternoon so we had time for lunch at the WJ before unpacking. We are now all settled in and going to watch the rest of the superbowl in the pool deck.

IMG_0825.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

You may find you will not want to go back to bigger ships 😉👍

I love the larger ships for the big shows and the flowrider, but as I age, I think the smaller ships with less kids and better port options may be in my future.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I love the larger ships for the big shows and the flowrider, but as I age, I think the smaller ships with less kids and better port options may be in my future.

If you like the shows and the Flowrider, we find that Voyager class ships are a good fit between too large and too small.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 4

Sunrise coming into Los Angeles harbor.   Was happy with the RCI shuttle bus to the airport.  Cheaper and more comfortable than the taxi.  We don't do Uber.  Traffic was surprisingly light.  Working on unpacking...got home at midnight.  

Will continue to be "virtual cruiser" until we reboard in Barcelona.  Official statement from RCI coming out (so we have heard) on Feb. 16th about route changes.  

20240211_091652.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If you like the shows and the Flowrider, we find that Voyager class ships are a good fit between too large and too small.

Just booked Adventure B2B while on the ship this last week.  Perfect easy cruise for us out of PC late next year.  🙂 

• Like 2

BTW...our river cruise out of Portland is on American Empress.  Part of the American Queen Voyages line...hence my cross over of line name and river boat name.  And there is another river ship through them actually called the American Queen which is like a twin much like Serenade is to Radiance, Brilliance, Jewel...all Radiance Class. 

Sorry for the error, I don't care what it is called as long as it floats.  😉 

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just booked Adventure B2B while on the ship this last week.  Perfect easy cruise for us out of PC late next year.  🙂 

We currently have 19 B2B or longer cruises booked on Adventure between April 2024 and April 2026, so maybe we will finally see you and Bucky on board😇

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

This will be our 1st time on a Radiance class ship.  I expect our Northern Europe segment to be pretty full due to the time of year it is sailing.  Not sure how many kids will be on it, but obviously a lot less than on the bigger ships with all the bells and whistles.  I will miss the Flowrider, but the incredible ports will more than make up for that.  It will just be a different type of cruise for us this time (plus we are leaving the kids at home for this one)

We have always loved Radiance class ships, they’re more cozy, and so open to the ocean, which is part of why we cruise. Plus being smaller, they’re able to get Into smaller ports.

We’re on 2 segments of the WC starting June 20 in Ravenna to Barcelona. I expect the ship to be fuller since in the 20 days of cruise 19 are port days, so we can’t get bored….although I never get bored of sea days.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

We currently have 19 B2B or longer cruises booked on Adventure between April 2024 and April 2026, so maybe we will finally see you and Bucky on board😇

We’re on Adventure for the first time (I know I can’t believe it either) May 24, will you be onboard then?

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Wow, that is a lot of cruising. We've done several cruises on Adventure out of San Juan as well as Ft. Lauderdale. Always enjoyed the time I've had on her. I'm just not a big fan of the old Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers shows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re on Adventure for the first time (I know I can’t believe it either) May 24, will you be onboard then?

Unfortunately not. We have a B2B in April, a B3B in July, and another B3B in October this year, then B2B’s in February, April and an B3B in October next year all on Adventure.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

And DW says it seems like we are trying to cut back on cruising with that schedule.😇

Wish I had that many booked. I have 3 booked on adventure. Booked recently at recent prices, not when they first came out. My esp about moving wasnt working. 

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wish I had that many booked. I have 3 booked on adventure. Booked recently at recent prices, not when they first came out. My esp about moving wasnt working. 

It will work out eventually, hang in there😇

• Like 1