Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Seems to me like Stig has been a bit lost since his navigation officer has not posted here in a few days.

Oh drats....   you are right.  How will we find our way now??!!!!  😱😁

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree.  Fun to follow up on, and guess on the routes.   I totally agree with Jim...I think this is what he is looking at?  Seems like a very interesting route...with hopefully less rock and roll and more to see on both port and starboard side.  🥰

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9228344

He found this Ferry Route on his phone mapper.

IMG_1084.png

Edited by pstone1
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...yup, along with all the other new ideas of what to bring the next time.  I think I need another suitcase.  😄 

Over on the Celebrity forum someone was asking about bringing a sewing machine onboard. One poster claims some have. Unbelievable. Just when I thought I had heard it all here on CC. 🤣

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Over on the Celebrity forum someone was asking about bringing a sewing machine onboard. One poster claims some have. Unbelievable. Just when I thought I had heard it all here on CC. 🤣

Bucky has the best answer..."this is how you let the out waist on your pants!!"  😄 😄 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL!!!   Mmmm...tasty!  Fresh sea salt with bugs...little Gnat bodies dried on the windows with it.   😑

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

extra protein....

Beat me to it. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You could end up in China.

Being the world cruise, would they eventually?  Seriously, like is it part of the itinerary?🤷‍♂️😉😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Being the world cruise, would they eventually?  Seriously, like is it part of the itinerary?🤷‍♂️😉😂

But they may be there sooner rather than later.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky has the best answer..."this is how you let the out waist on your pants!!"  😄 😄 

No doubt. And a good way to supplement your retirement while on the UWC.  😂

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Oh dear...from the looks of it, we may be headed out to open sea again, versus that interesting looking channel...unless he turns east again.  If so, must be not able to do the channel?  Drats.  😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yup, some weeks from now.  😉   Though Bucky and I are "jumping ship" in LA...there are 600 plus hearty cruisers that will be visiting China much later on, after checking out the area "down under".  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

Or, a good way to supplement your retirement while on the UWC. 😂

Could put out a ship wide ad for seamstress work.  With all the clothing mysteriously shrinking...probably a good idea for making new ones.  😄 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh dear...from the looks of it, we may be headed out to open sea again, versus that interesting looking channel...unless he turns east again.  If so, must be not able to do the channel?  Drats.  😳

Yep!  Not taking the Ferry Route!  Too bad, it looked cool with two lighthouses, some whales, and a few volcanos!  Fastening my seatbelt now!  LOL!  Back to speculating and suspense!  🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Yep!  Not taking the Ferry Route!  Too bad, it looked cool with two lighthouses, some whales, and a few volcanos!  Fastening my seatbelt now!  LOL!  Back to speculating and suspense!  🤔

Yup, hello open Pacific.  Did you get some seatbelts for the bed to stop from rolling off over night?  😉 

Guessing they kept the "barf bags" on the stairwells in preparation.  🤢😉 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, doghog said:

They exist:

IMG_0334.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, orville99 said:

If they build it it will cruise…eventually😇

Or attempt to cruise with.

According to the person the one she wants to haul with her is a 1937 Singer Featherweight. Not a little hand held. One of the strangest carryons I've read here on CC. And there's been some weirds ones asked about. And people laugh when I say I pack duct(k) tape. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Today was the DH’s last day.  In a couple of hours he’s officially retired!!!

Just under 3 months for us. Seems like forever. 😂

Congrats! 😁

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, doghog said:

What's three months compared to the rest of your life. 😉

Absolutely! Thank you for that perspective. I’m working 12 hour days all this month and am 😵‍💫.  Your words of encouragement made me smile. 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1