No More Made to Order Omelette

Gamecock_Cruiser

In the dining room it is true as of the current cruise on the Magic. I attempted to order off menu and was politely informed I have to order off the menu.

1.Cheese

2.Ham and cheese

3.Veggie

There is still an omelet station at the buffet and I would imagine it is made to order but have not been by to verify that.

• Like 1

Such a shame. They've cut back the menu and hours for brunch so much. It used to be a highlight of my cruises and on my last cruise on Magic it was really nothing special, like the rest of the cruise to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dallasdan said:

a month ago on the Vista, my wife ordered omelet with ham and veggies without any issues.

A month ago so did I 😞. Bacon and mushrooms though since I don't like ham. Actually come to think of it, they were out of mushrooms. 

• Like 1

What I didn't do was assess the situation at the omelet stations on Lido to see the ingredient choices.

Slightly off topic, I will say that they've 'watered down' Sea Day Brunch to the point where I'm barely interested these days. I actually like MDR breakfast better. 

• Like 5

Eh, not a deal breaker. Some of y'all are being pretty extra about it, I must say.

Some ingredients in your omelets, or having an omelet for that matter, at breakfast should not make or break your vacation.

Is that really what you're going on a cruise or the ship for? I think not.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, bg2310 said:

Eh, not a deal breaker. Some of y'all are being pretty extra about it, I must say.

Some ingredients in your omelets, or having an omelet for that matter, at breakfast should not make or break your vacation.

News flash!  It's perfectly valid to be disappointed in something. 

I didn't see anyone in this thread say anything about it making or breaking their cruise. Good job trying to be dismissive, though.  👍

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jsglow said:

What I didn't do was assess the situation at the omelet stations on Lido to see the ingredient choices.

Slightly off topic, I will say that they've 'watered down' Sea Day Brunch to the point where I'm barely interested these days. I actually like MDR breakfast better. 

Seaday brunch used to be really special. I wouldn't be surprised if soon it'll be gone entirely, because of lack of popularity they'll tell us.

• Like 1

Good grief, Carnival.  I used to be a supporter and regular customer, but how many cuts are you going to try to make until you discover what the market will bear?  Meanwhile your product is suffering irrevocably damage, IMHO.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bg2310 said:

Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. My favorite food is an omelet made my way.

=I am glad that hear they are still made to order on the Lido...

When we first started cruising in the mid 2000's, that was a distinct difference compared to land vacations... those things are slowly being taken away day by day. One of my favorite's was two times cabin service with the turn down service in the evening! But thing that might not bother some certainly hits others. 

• Like 4

News flash! You can be disappointed without being all extra about it. There's really no need to be overly sensitive or get all worked up about something that at the end of the day was, yes, my opinion.

Trying to edit my comment to add the qualifier "but that's just me" (since it's evidently needed) is not an option, unfortunately.

In any case, trying to stay on-topic, having just sailed Carnival back in September I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 sea days in which I got to have their brunch. To attest to what jam posted above, I had the same menu, and was quite satisfied with the options and selection on the menu, including omelets.

All things considered, I think their brunch is a great value for being included in the fare, with many delicious options on the menu and which, in my opinion, is much better quality than the Lido buffet. And I've have had great experiences at brunch, very much looking forward to going to it again on my cruise next week.

Edited by bg2310
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. My favorite food is an omelet made my way.

=I am glad that hear they are still made to order on the Lido...

Certainly no problem in that! I guess all im saying is even had they removed it, it shouldnt necessarily be a deal breaker especially if you can still get them at the Lido.

But I can say having just sailed 2 months ago they still do omelets made to order in the MDR! I even ordered one for breakfast one day on that cruise.

Perhaps you can no longer create your own, but there were the 3 options in the pics jam posted above to choose from. I'm sure the waiter would have no problem modifying one of them in some way, such as no ham or something.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bg2310 said:

News flash! You can be disappointed without being all extra about it. There's really no need to be overly sensitive or get all worked up about something that at the end of the day was, yes, my opinion.

Trying to edit my comment to add the qualifier "but that's just me" (since it's evidently needed) is not an option, unfortunately.

In any case, trying to stay on-topic, having just sailed Carnival back in September I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 sea days in which I got to have their brunch. To attest to what jam posted above, I had the same menu, and was quite satisfied with the options and selection on the menu, including omelets.

All things considered, I think their brunch is a great value for being included in the fare, with many delicious options on the menu and which, in my opinion, is much better quality than the Lido buffet. And I've have had great experiences at brunch, very much looking forward to going to it again on my cruise next week.

I think the disappointment comes from long term cruisers that have seen too many cuts along with too many price increases.  Singularly it's not a problem, but all together it lessens the product. Something akin to the straw that broke the camel's back.    

• Like 18

9 hours ago, bg2310 said:

No made to order omelets, no mushrooms, no homemade fries, limited bacon, no more free room service,  limited housekeeping, and on and on and on... at what point is it OK for a person to express disappointment? 🤔 

• Like 8