Did Princess really change our itinerary a few days prior to our cruise?!

Host CJSKIDS

Okay, my Sky sailing leaves Saturday and now it looks like Princess has just changed the ports without letting us know.  We were:

At Sea

Cozumel 8-5

Roatan 9-6

Belize City 7-6

Costa Maya

At Sea

Today it's changed to:

At Sea

Belize City 8-7

Roatan 7-6

Costa Maya 8-6

Cozumel 7-5

At Sea

Come on Princess, you expect everyone to change their plans with days to spare?  It also can mess with our speciality dining plans that we have made.  

This has got to be a mistake.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Okay, my Sky sailing leaves Saturday and now it looks like Princess has just changed the ports without letting us know.  We were:

At Sea

Cozumel 8-5

Roatan 9-6

Belize City 7-6

Costa Maya

At Sea

Today it's changed to:

At Sea

Belize City 8-7

Roatan 7-6

Costa Maya 8-6

Cozumel 7-5

At Sea

Come on Princess, you expect everyone to change their plans with days to spare?  It also can mess with our speciality dining plans that we have made.  

This has got to be a mistake.

I doubt it's a mistake. It looks like they flipped the order of the ports around. They can do this. I'm sure they're sorry. I'm more curious about why they did it. Weather? Congestion in Cozumel or somewhere else?

11 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I doubt it's a mistake. It looks like they flipped the order of the ports around. They can do this. I'm sure they're sorry. I'm more curious about why they did it. Weather? Congestion in Cozumel or somewhere else?

Not sure.  They haven't told us anything.  We were 3 ships in Cozumel which Puerta Maya can handle and now we are 3 ships in Cozumel again.

I know they can cancel or change a port and have had that happen before, just not days prior to a cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unbelievable.  How did you discover this?  

It's nowhere near as dramatic as your issue but I've been annoyed with Princess lately as I discovered they made changes to booked excursions and didn't bother to give us any notice either.  I just stumbled across it in the personalizer.  

I hope you make your ports even if they are out of order, and am curious as to what the reasoning is.  You know the port schedules are done months in advance, it can't be they just discovered a crowding situation.  

• Like 1

Well my travel summary now shows that there is a change due to congestion in Cozumel.  Not sure how that wasn't known prior since as Paula_MacFan pointed out, they are done months in advance.  And we are still the same amount of ships at the pier even with the change, so it's a bit odd.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Well my travel summary now shows that there is a change due to congestion in Cozumel...

You don't mention the hours you were to originally have spent in Costa Maya, but for the other ports, It looks like you are getting another hour or two at each port. How you look at it I guess.

We lost two ports on our August cruise, Lahaina due to the fire and Ensenada due to hurricane. Princess had no problem correcting excursion amd dining reservations.

Wow. Just wow. I suppose Princess doesn't really care if people have private excursions, but what a last minute mess for those who do. I wonder if Princess has to juggle some of their excursions because I am sure some of the vendors are booked with other lines on those different days. 

4 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

You don't mention the hours you were to originally have spent in Costa Maya, but for the other ports, It looks like you are getting another hour or two at each port. How you look at it I guess.

We lost two ports on our August cruise, Lahaina due to the fire and Ensenada due to hurricane. Princess had no problem correcting excursion amd dining reservations.

I do understand natural disasters totally.  Hey, I had my whole cruise changed years ago after the fire, now that was a huge change!  I'm just surprised that they would do it days ahead and still haven't sent an email.  Many have excursions planned and they may not be available on our new days with such short notice.  As @hllwdcruiserpoints out, even the ship's excursions vendors may already be booked with other lines.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, suekel said:

I read this and went and looked at our Sky cruise over Christmas.  Yep, all of ours have been changed too.  The most disappointing is that we're docking at Coxen Hole instead of Mahogany Bay.  

Oh no way, how did you find that out?  I'm going to be upset if that is the case because I had canceled my plans and we were spending the day at the beach right there.

Princess Chat is telling me there is no change!  So happy to see they all know what is going on.  

As we have a member here on board, they went to guest services and were told there is a change.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Oh no way, how did you find that out?  I'm going to be upset if that is the case because I had canceled my plans and we were spending the day at the beach right there.

Princess Chat is telling me there is no change!  So happy to see they all know what is going on.  

As we have a member here on board, they went to guest services and were told there is a change.  

I went in and looked at my travel summary.  At the very very bottom, it showed the changes.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, suekel said:

I went in and looked at my travel summary.  At the very very bottom, it showed the changes.  

How did you find out that you are docking at Coxen Hole? I'm looking at the port schedule and it hasn't updated of course.

4 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

How did you find out that you are docking at Coxen Hole? I'm looking at the port schedule and it hasn't updated of course.

At the very bottom

ITINERARY CHANGE

Please be advised that due to cruise ship congestion and operational considerations in Roatan, Honduras, Sky Princess will now berth in Coxen Hole for our call to Roatan rather than in Mahogany Bay and will now call to Roatan (Coxen Hole) on Monday, December 25, 2023 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM rather than on Tuesday, December 26. To accommodate this change, we will call to Belize City, Belize on Tuesday, December 26 rather than on Wednesday, December 27, and to Cozumel, Mexico on Wednesday, December 27 rather than on Monday, December 25. Call times for these ports have also been amended.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for letting me know where to look @suekel  Here is mine.  Interesting that I'm due to port congestion in Cozumel and you are Roatan. Did they not know that this a week ago?  

ITINERARY CHANGE

Please be advised that due to cruise ship congestion in Cozumel, Mexico, Sky Princess will now call to Cozumel on Thursday, December 14, 2023 rather than Monday, December 11 as previously scheduled. To accommodate this change, we will now call to Belize City, Belize on Monday, December 11 rather than Wednesday, December 13, and to Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico on Wednesday, December 13 rather than Thursday, December 14. Additionally, we will now arrive in Roatan, Honduras at 7:00 AM on Tuesday, December 12 rather than 9:00 AM, and additional call times have been amended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regal Princess departure out of Galveston on December 10 has been changed.  Roatan and Belize have switched days and Roatan arrives one hour earlier.  Our Cozumel date and time did not change.

I found out when I received an email today from my independent excursion operator which told me the date had changed and they provided me with new reservation details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Received an email this morning that the itinerary changed due to port congestion.

I’m ok with that since I would prefer less people in port.

I also like less people however, there are still 7 ships the day I'm there so I'm not sure how that helps us. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I also like less people however, there are still 7 ships the day I'm there so I'm not sure how that helps us. 

7 is still a lot.

I’m on this cruise as well but have sailed this itinerary so much that I’ll be enjoying the ship while others fight the crowds. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, day-day said:

Regal Princess departure out of Galveston on December 10 has been changed.  Roatan and Belize have switched days and Roatan arrives one hour earlier.  Our Cozumel date and time did not change.

I found out when I received an email today from my independent excursion operator which told me the date had changed and they provided me with new reservation details.

Sounds like you picked a good excursion provider.

• Like 2