Alfredo’s on Sapphire

Bgwest

19 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

It’s now 12:45 on a sea day.  Wonder how the bean counters are feeling about their new “pay for pizza” scheme?

🤣IMG_4789.thumb.jpeg.192bf02382c9b0c39082836dc52e93a2.jpeg

Well, people aren't eating an extra meal just because they can, so the cost cutting measure is working. Bean counters are happy with your photo!

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

we are just off the Sapphire when you got off....and on the last sea day, it was packed at lunch.

Maybe everyone was using up their free ones on the package?

Most of the time, I saw maybe 3-4

tables occupied max. 

We were in the Piazza a lot and I would glance over there.  

Sorry I missed you.  I think you were on our Enchanted TA also.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Maybe everyone was using up their free ones on the package?

Most of the time, I saw maybe 3-4

tables occupied max. 

We were in the Piazza a lot and I would glance over there.  

Sorry I missed you.  I think you were on our Enchanted TA also.

that's exactly what we were doing...using up our last free one! Sorry we missed you too.

We just did 6 segments in a row on Grand Princess. Even though we could have eaten twice per segment without paying we only ate there one time during the entire 63 days. I tried to order one pizza to share and they insisted on giving us each the pre fixe offering of an appetizer, a pizza, and dessert for each of us. We ate the appetizer and each ate "most" of our pizza and walked out without dessert. We don't want that much damn food!!! If they would just go ahead and use up each of our allowed pre fixe meals and let us simply share a single pizza we would be fine with it but they wouldn't do that.

As for the posted photo of the empty venue... That's how it looked for most of the 63 days we were on Grand Princess.

4 hours ago, Bgwest said:

It’s now 12:45 on a sea day.  Wonder how the bean counters are feeling about their new “pay for pizza” scheme?

🤣IMG_4789.thumb.jpeg.192bf02382c9b0c39082836dc52e93a2.jpeg

I am happy. I have the premium package.  Just sayin.   That pizza is good.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

We just did 6 segments in a row on Grand Princess. Even though we could have eaten twice per segment without paying we only ate there one time during the entire 63 days. I tried to order one pizza to share and they insisted on giving us each the pre fixe offering of an appetizer, a pizza, and dessert for each of us. We ate the appetizer and each ate "most" of our pizza and walked out without dessert. We don't want that much damn food!!! If they would just go ahead and use up each of our allowed pre fixe meals and let us simply share a single pizza we would be fine with it but they wouldn't do that.

As for the posted photo of the empty venue... That's how it looked for most of the 63 days we were on Grand Princess.

I’m on the Sapphire now as well and have definitely noticed how incredibly empty Alfredo’s is. It’s right next to vines which is now open noon to 1:30 for the sushi. The upside is they also will serve the great wines at that time so you don’t have to wait until 4 to get a nice glass. 

I am usually at Vines during lunch. Twice I’ve taken a pizza from Alfredo’s to go. They’ve actually suggested I could get two. I have premier package. Once the pizza is on my balcony I can share it with as many friends as I care to. Since this is the case I just might ask if my friends can eat with me in the restaurant. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

We have cruised many times on longer cruises on the Sapphire and have never experienced waits or many diners.   Limited menu may be the reason.  On the other hand it is great to walk in, seated and served great food either free or pay.

17 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

We have cruised many times on longer cruises on the Sapphire and have never experienced waits or many diners.   Limited menu may be the reason.  On the other hand it is great to walk in, seated and served great food either free or pay.

If they hadn't been so weird about it we would have had Alfredo's a number of times. Heck, we were onboard for 63 days. We just didn't like that they insisted we had to have the full meal each. We normally just split one pizza and it's plenty of food for us.

On a big "PLUS" note: After 63 days on the ship we each gained a total of zero pounds! Way cool. I lost 43 pounds this year and was very happy to not put any weight back on. In February I weighed 252 lbs. Today I weighed 209 lbs. I lost 4 inches in my waist size and had to buy new pants (trousers). I had to make new holes in my belts so I could cinch them down far enough. All of my XL sized shirts are like tents on me but the old L sized shirts now fit me great. I'm especially happy I can wear my favorite Tommy Bahama Christmas Shirt again! (Yes, I'm "odd".)

• Like 6

We only had the 2 casual dinners on our 15 Nov Grand Princess segment.   There were 6 of us and only 1 tried the appetizer  one time and no one ever had desserts.  The hostess or waiter never told  us we had to have the full pre fixe dinner.