Live from the 12/9 Sky Princess.

Host CJSKIDS

Well lo and behold, what do I see today.......Sun!!!  Our weather has been terrible this cruise so seeing the sun today is making people smile, that's for sure.  You all know that I spend the majority of my time in the Sanctuary while sailing and so far that has been a bust.  I'm going up to see if they have anything available for this afternoon as I think my full day tomorrow will be another washout.  

They had to move the deck party last night inside due to the stormy weather.  I will give Princess props as they have been great at moving things around with the weather.  

Interesting conversation in the elevator last night.  I asked the couple in there if they were enjoying their cruise and was taken aback when their answer was "Not a bit. Princess is terrible and this will be our last cruise.  If I had gone on some other ships, I would be able to see what they were saying". I told them I was sorry to hear this and to hopefully enjoy the next few days and the response was "absolutely not a chance." 

It's interesting how people on the same sailing can see the cruise in two completely different ways.

Now has the large group on here changed a bit of the experience?  Yes.  Have there been some bumps along the way?  Yes.  But I personally have been having a fantastic experience and have just been going with the attitude that if you can't zig, you zag. There are less crew but those exceptional crew members seem to just make up for that.  I find that they are trying to hard to ensure that we are well taken care of and having a good time.  

Now I probably shouldn't say more because I don't want to jinx the rest of my sailing!!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Interesting conversation in the elevator last night.  I asked the couple in there if they were enjoying their cruise and was taken aback when their answer was "Not a bit. Princess is terrible and this will be our last cruise.

We had the same conversation with a couple last week on the Enchanted.   We had a FANTASTIC cruise!  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

@Host CJSKIDS .. sorry to hear about the bad weather.  But like you, I’d never let that ruin a cruise. 
If you happen to go by the Take 5 Bar, can you let Amel know his parents in California are sending their love his way?  
If already asked you to do this, my apologies.  I don’t want to make you run around on your vacation.  

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

@voljeep I'll have a margarita in your honor today because I know how much you like Pancho's backyeard here in Cozumel just like we do.

If you have been there multiple times, let them know.  They will bring out a sign with the number, bang the drums and give you a shot!   We are on visit #12.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

@Host CJSKIDS .. sorry to hear about the bad weather.  But like you, I’d never let that ruin a cruise. 
If you happen to go by the Take 5 Bar, can you let Amel know his parents in California are sending their love his way?  
If already asked you to do this, my apologies.  I don’t want to make you run around on your vacation.  

I'm in there every night so will do that tonight! 

• Thanks 1

We had folks who HATED the cruise because the Sky doesn't have Crooners.  I know people love Crooners, but 1) do you your homework on the ship you are booking and 2) there are other places to enjoy music, cocktails and fun!

There were a few things that we were a little annoyed by too, but we had a wonderful relaxing week.  It's up to YOU to decide if you are having a good time.  I read once that the only person that can make you mad is yourself.  It's how you deal with a situation that makes the difference.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

If you have been there multiple times, let them know.  They will bring out a sign with the number, bang the drums and give you a shot!   We are on visit #12.

oh I will do that!  I'll have to add up how many times we have been here. It's one of our favorites. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We had folks who HATED the cruise because the Sky doesn't have Crooners.  I know people love Crooners, but 1) do you your homework on the ship you are booking and 2) there are other places to enjoy music, cocktails and fun!

There were a few things that we were a little annoyed by too, but we had a wonderful relaxing week.  It's up to YOU to decide if you are having a good time.  I read once that the only person that can make you mad is yourself.  It's how you deal with a situation that makes the difference.

That's why we take reviews with a grain of salt. Sometimes I think people have unrealistic expectations or didn't bother to do any research or reading in advance. We've even been on excursions with people who literally have no idea where they are going. Oy! 

We always make the best of it no matter what 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

@voljeep I'll have a margarita in your honor today because I know how much you like Pancho's backyeard here in Cozumel just like we do.

Went to Panchos as we do every visit

🌴🏝️ ☀️ We  had a couple of 🍹as we always do, it’s my favorite! 

9 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Went to Panchos as we do every visit

🌴🏝️ ☀️ We  had a couple of 🍹as we always do, it’s my favorite! 

us as well. The margarita was great. I thought the food today was just so-so. 

we have had shrimp ceviche is Belize, Costa Maya and today in Cozumel. Belize won! Today was till good. The chicken fajita was just okay. But I added the hot sauce and that helped. 

• Like 2

I have no problem with the Larry King trio.  Perhaps it is because we are from the same generation.  They do seem to fill most of the seats in their section of the bar.  That being said, I would not play their music in my car 🤭

9 minutes ago, minniegidget said:

@Host CJSKIDS You must have been talking to Lorrie Marin. She is on another social media page talking about how she is on the Sky right now and how unhappy she. Says no deck parties ( it’s been raining) How she had to go get her own drinks. 

Getting your own drink ?  OMG. The horror of if all. LOL

• Haha 4

People do have different expectations and experiences even when on the same vacation. We are on this cruise, I stated some positives and negatives earlier in this thread, and I was basically dismissed for having a different experience and for not expressing everything as sunshine and rainbows. 

I do know we are very unlikely to return to the Sky.  It simply is not for us and the overall experience has been meh. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2